Author Topic: Is Iraq another Vietnam?  (Read 160 times)

Don Seer

Is Iraq another Vietnam?
« on: September 12, 2003, 11:14:09 AM »
Simple question.. funny how a draft dodger sends a nation to war

Has this comparison come up in the US media at all?

Last time it was a war on communism, this time its terrorism being used as an excuse..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Is Iraq another Vietnam?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 11:40:07 AM »
I agree. I actually had said something similar to this a few days after Bush went to war at school & was removed from the classroom.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 01:04:54 PM »
Has anyone -important- (not meant as a diss. lol) said this publicly?

by that i mean, has anyone tried to put this idea into the public conciousness?

or would that be seen as unpatriotic?

I know theres been some kind of unhappyness about soldiers being there still.. and didnt bush promise troops home? ROFL.. insanely people dont realise they're going to be there for a very very long time.
i'm thinking 10s if not 20s of years

I guess someone in opposition will put pressure on via this angle closer to election time.. depending on the atmosphere at the time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 01:07:51 PM by Overseer »

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 02:17:46 PM »
Well, here is what I've heard/seen about the situation. Yes, there have been several comparisons to the Vietnam war in our media. Not so much the mainstream news like abc, nbc, fox ect... but more so on channels like Fox News, CNBC, CNN ect. I personally do not like this comparison, as I feel it somehow makes the Iraq situation alot worse than it actually is. The death toll between the 2 isn't close enough to begin that comparison. In my opinion.

As for the length of Americas involvement over in Iraq... the public seems to think this should be, and could be an in and out situation. But from all the talk radio shows, and political analysts I have heard, 10 to 15 years was the expected time. That is one of the major reasons there was a lot of talk about a possible draft. That time span is alot longer than anyone seems to be comfortable with. And that is what kills me. I personally was opposed to us going to war with Iraq, becuase of the casualties, time, and money it would cost our nation. On the other hand, we have millions and millions of people who supported it at the time, but now they are all crying foul because our troops are still there. These are the people who make me angry. People need to take the time to think about the concequences of a prolonged war instead of thinking only a month or two in advanced.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I just wish we could all get along :(

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 03:09:58 PM »
^ nah its not stupid at all.

You made some good points, esp about the draft..guess ya'll should start worrying about that :/

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 03:59:18 PM »
Has anyone -important- (not meant as a diss. lol) said this publicly?

hey i'm important ;D! i'm like a political prisoner around my school, i can't mention political things anymore

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »
the new world order was born on september 11th

btw... 9/11/03 = 23  || wtc

2nd of march, 2003 = 2 times 23 || Iraq war

witout 9/11 a war in iraq would have never happened
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 04:20:50 PM by 7even[pG] »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 04:24:59 PM »
Well, here is what I've heard/seen about the situation. Yes, there have been several comparisons to the Vietnam war in our media. Not so much the mainstream news like abc, nbc, fox ect... but more so on channels like Fox News, CNBC, CNN ect. I personally do not like this comparison, as I feel it somehow makes the Iraq situation alot worse than it actually is. The death toll between the 2 isn't close enough to begin that comparison. In my opinion.

As for the length of Americas involvement over in Iraq... the public seems to think this should be, and could be an in and out situation. But from all the talk radio shows, and political analysts I have heard, 10 to 15 years was the expected time. That is one of the major reasons there was a lot of talk about a possible draft. That time span is alot longer than anyone seems to be comfortable with. And that is what kills me. I personally was opposed to us going to war with Iraq, becuase of the casualties, time, and money it would cost our nation. On the other hand, we have millions and millions of people who supported it at the time, but now they are all crying foul because our troops are still there. These are the people who make me angry. People need to take the time to think about the concequences of a prolonged war instead of thinking only a month or two in advanced.

take out FOX NEWS from that list. FOX NEWS backs up the president no matter what isgoin on...they stick with the status quo

The death toll isnt the reason Iraq is being compared to Vietnam...but the guerrilla warfare.  Iraqi people are just shooting and hiding...and how can u combat that? ya know.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 04:29:46 PM »

Do you also believe pac's coming back tomorrow?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 04:39:32 PM »
well, at least I dont believe in kickin a man while he's down..
No, it's not a sin

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 08:59:13 PM »

U don't call it a new world order..'tis  a NEW WORLD DISRDER..

N ow just reflect on what was going on for the past ten yrs around the world.. economies like Argentina, Russia and a few more to quote which were considered to be on of the most dependable started sinking just becuz the US lost interest in them and as it controlled the IMF.. the loans stopped flowing in.. Argentina suffered a collapse... Brazil had to devalue its currency..

as for Russia under the leadership of yelstin (under whose presidency anything comin from washington was taken as gospel); it suffered enormous hardships due to his pro-american reforms... thinking that he can transform a communist nation in to a capitalist one overnite..

Now after tha Iraq war USA has lost the need of russin oil and this has put the Russian's plan of economic recovery into jeopardy..
  This will now lead to another standof between the US and the Russian akin to the cold war period...

The alienation and polrisation of Arab countries against the US in principle hasn't come to the fore but the US is doing nothing to stop it by supporting Israel in the Jerusalem stand-off....
 Also the hypocritical behaviour of the US in dealing with the South asian countries like India nad Pakistan has lead to increasing distrust among these nations among themselves and also against the US.. this also stands true for the countries in Africa... a recent example being Liberia...

Thus from being a friendly ally and a responsible friend the US is now percieved as an Oppurtunist with inflated selfish interests and many countries view it with open distrust...

There is not a ORDER that's going to form but a polarisation of Nations against each other.. and mostly against the US...

Well coming back to the topic..

*Iraq is not just another Vietnam.... it's worse than Vietnam; it is going to be a graveyard of innocents for another 15 years*

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 10:41:25 PM »

U don't call it a new world order..'tis  a NEW WORLD DISRDER..

N ow just reflect on what was going on for the past ten yrs around the world.. economies like Argentina, Russia and a few more to quote which were considered to be on of the most dependable started sinking just becuz the US lost interest in them and as it controlled the IMF.. the loans stopped flowing in.. Argentina suffered a collapse... Brazil had to devalue its currency..

as for Russia under the leadership of yelstin (under whose presidency anything comin from washington was taken as gospel); it suffered enormous hardships due to his pro-american reforms... thinking that he can transform a communist nation in to a capitalist one overnite..

Now after tha Iraq war USA has lost the need of russin oil and this has put the Russian's plan of economic recovery into jeopardy..
  This will now lead to another standof between the US and the Russian akin to the cold war period...

The alienation and polrisation of Arab countries against the US in principle hasn't come to the fore but the US is doing nothing to stop it by supporting Israel in the Jerusalem stand-off....
 Also the hypocritical behaviour of the US in dealing with the South asian countries like India nad Pakistan has lead to increasing distrust among these nations among themselves and also against the US.. this also stands true for the countries in Africa... a recent example being Liberia...

Thus from being a friendly ally and a responsible friend the US is now percieved as an Oppurtunist with inflated selfish interests and many countries view it with open distrust...

There is not a ORDER that's going to form but a polarisation of Nations against each other.. and mostly against the US...

Well coming back to the topic..

*Iraq is not just another Vietnam.... it's worse than Vietnam; it is going to be a graveyard of innocents for another 15 years*

I totally agree
I couldn't have said it better; well, maybe I could've but I don't feel like typing a lot ;D jk

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2003, 03:23:59 AM »
lol I aint a fan of that kind of politics either
No, it's not a sin