Author Topic: Yuk's Views On The "New Bay"  (Read 216 times)

SGV

Yuk's Views On The "New Bay"
« on: September 12, 2003, 07:11:43 PM »
In the latest issue of Showcase Magazine, they have an article on Yukmouth, and he has a lot to say. Most noteably, Yuk expressed his feelings on the so-called "New Bay" movement.

"I feel it ain't no New bay without the muhfuckas that put the Bay on the map first. If you ain't got these niggas [as] a part of your click then you can't be a New Bay...How 'bout [calling yourselves] some new hot rappers from the Bay? It's like they dissin' us, it's like you sayin', 'aaw you wack. Now we the new shit.'"

Yuk also said:

"Be on some real shit, don't be on no cocky shit 'cuz you asking for it and you dont want it from Yuk 'cuz I diss any of you niggas at anytime...I will murder all you niggas. If you go on MTV and don't win, you definitely ain't gon' win in the streets, nigga. If you won that MTV shit you still couldn't say you was the New Bay. The Bay is based on cocaine, it's the city of dope not the city of backpack rappers, you feel me? So get some gangsta in ya ass then you could talk some shit but if you're backpack rappin' you in Berkeley on Telegraph and shit, you could never say you the New Bay man."

Looks bad for the "New Bay" boys. They're barely emerging and now they got Yuk on their back. Hopefully this is just a warning, and the Thug Lord doesn't decide to war with Locksmith, Balance and co.

Dubcnn.com

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Yuk's Views On The "New Bay"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 09:13:35 PM »
lol.....good ole Yuk
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 02:36:58 AM »
I thought the article was goin' to about Yuk supporting the New Bay...

cookie

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 02:47:32 AM »
LUNIZ FELL OFF HARDER THAN HUMPTY DUMPTY.

THEY LAST CDS WAS WACC

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 02:52:03 AM »
The Bay is based on cocaine, it's the city of dope not the city of backpack rappers, you feel me? So get some gangsta in ya ass then you could talk some shit but if you're backpack rappin' you in Berkeley on Telegraph and shit, you could never say you the New Bay man."

::)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 02:52:17 AM by DocFunk »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 02:59:01 AM »

THEY LAST CDS WAS WACC
not as wack as paid tha cost, music and me, life I lead, dpgc u know what I'm throwin up, dogghouse mixtapes 1 and 2 and more.

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2003, 04:26:52 AM »

THEY LAST CDS WAS WACC

HEEELLLLL FUCKIN NOOO! It wasn't their best work, but that CD was better than 98% of shit gettin released from Cali nowdays.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2003, 08:47:18 AM »
The Bay is based on cocaine, it's the city of dope not the city of backpack rappers, you feel me? So get some gangsta in ya ass then you could talk some shit but if you're backpack rappin' you in Berkeley on Telegraph and shit, you could never say you the New Bay man."

Sounds like Yuk is jealous of being a clich'ed Gangsta rapper. I like him and all but damn....hating on someone cause they have more lyrical skill

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 10:52:23 AM »
^Dats true 2 a point

but lol, these cats is taking this New Bay shit a lil too far...there's a big legacy 2 protect, U can not just come out and say WE (a handful of people) are tha New Bay...It throws fans who are not here off a lil...

I mean, when they first came out, tha New Bay concept waz suppose 2 be a New Generation of Bay Area rappers flooding tha market, dats what everyone thought, My people were considering themselves part of tha New generation...which still gave respect 2 all tha OGz...BUT a couple of months ago, these cats threw a FAT ass concert in Berkely saying tha NEW BAY is performing...and it waz what? Frontline, Balance and a couple of other cats...That shit woke everybody up like what tha fuck these cats trying 2 say? They are tha NEW BAY? so that's suppose 2 be what bay area is suppose 2 be? U know? all these lil questions popped up 2 everyone's heads like they are disrespecting & takin it way too far...I know a gang of well respected rappers that ain't feelin this shit...

lol, but YUK is a SAVAGE nevertheless...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2003, 11:05:43 AM »
Yukmouth is an idiot.....He should really start worrying about himself instead of putting everything else down... ::)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2003, 01:55:42 PM »
God damn. I mean I'm a huge fan of Yuk's shit, but on a personal tip this nigga needs to settle down. Hatin' on 50, hatin' on Snoop and Dre, and now hatin' on his own people? I guess he'll never be happy.