Author Topic: Damizza presents... Grand Theft Audio  (Read 1049 times)

mauzip

Damizza presents... Grand Theft Audio
« on: September 13, 2003, 03:10:58 AM »
Damizza Presents Grand Theft Audio Mixtape

1. Damizza & Shade Sheist - GTA
This album intro is banging. I love the beat! 4.5/5

2. N.U.N.E. & Kendo - Make That Grip
This song samples 50 Cent's If I Can't. Great beat and N.U.N.E. and Kendo have a good flow. 3/5

3. N.U.N.E. & Kendo - Dancehall Shake
This song samples that Busta Rhymes/Mariah Carey song. I don't really care for this one. 2/5

4. N.U.N.E., Shorty Bang & Clev - Spend The Night
Fuck, another great song. It samples a DJ Quik song (You'z A Gangsta). 4/5

5. N.U.N.E. - We Ready
Woohoo! My favorite sample ever probably! Dennis Edwards' Don't Look Any Further. Many many songs have that sample (Hit Em Up 2, Way of Life, Getting Money Remix, etc.). The end is kinda annoying, that's why I don't give it 5/5... 4/5

6. N.U.N.E., Shorty Bang & Shade Sheist - Spend The Nite
What a fucking annoying beat. After hearing this track a couple of times I'm starting to feel it. Shade Sheist drops a dope verse. 3/5

7. Jayo Felony, Shade Sheist & Titus Fuck - Lights Still Out
OMG! This track is off the hook! Great remake of WSC's version. Jayo Felony is back!!! 5/5

8. Damizza & Shade Sheist - Kushy Lane
There are some songs you shouldn't fuck with... ever. R. Kelly's When A Woman's Fed Up is one of those songs. Although Shade Sheist sounds dope over the phone the track is ruined already. 1.5/5

9. Shade Sheist, Damizza & Titus Fuck - Betta Watch
This has got to be my favorite track with the In Da Club beat. Shade Sheist is loose on this track. Wooooo! 4.75/5

10. Damizza, Kurupt & Roscoe - Chip Tha Curb
I keep thinking this track samples a DJ Quik song, I only can't recall which one... Anywayz, it's a cool track. 3.5/5

11. Damizza & Mariah Carey - Mizza
Mariah Carey in an Ashanti role. It's a good song. 3/5

12. Shade Sheist, Knoc-Turn'al, Warren G, Mack 10, N.U.N.E., OG LB & Damizza - Rude Awakening
This is the remake of Shade Sheist's Wake Up. It sounds like a Dre production. You don't hear half of the artists listed, but that doesn't matter. The track is banging! 4/5

13. Shade Sheist & N.U.N.E. - Strip For Me
When I wake up in the morning... This has the same beat as Wake Up from Sheist's debut LP. Well, N.U.N.E. isn't a good singer compared to Nate Dogg :P The song is very good. 4/5

14. Shade Sheist & Damizza - We Do What The Fuck We Want
Short track, but pretty good. 3.5/5

15. Shade Sheist & Damizza - Ain't A Game
This track samples Snoop's Lay Low. Great beat, great flow (especially by (again) Shade Sheist). 4/5

16. The Ree.Cruitz - Where I Been?
Ha! This time they used the same beat as B2K's Girlfriend. Well, I like the version by the Baby Ree artists much better ;D 3.5/5

17. Knoc-Turn'al, Damizza, Shade Sheist and N.U.N.E. - Makes Me Wanna Fuck You (Bonus Track)
This is the 1st single from the upcoming compilation/soundtrack "Damizza Presents...Vol. 2 - No More Waiting, No More Hating". The project features all new music by Shade Sheist, Damizza, N.U.N.E., Knoc-Turn'Al, Dr. Stank, Butch Cassidy, Warren G, Caz, The Westside Connection, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Jayo Felony, Mariah Carey among others. The CD drops in October and it comes with a DVD, the recent short film taped on the set of the "Psycho" house and "Bates Motel." Anywayz, I love Knoc's parts on this song. This is how I wanna hear Knoc. Sick track. 4/5

18. 213 - I'm Fly (Bonus Track)
We all know this one... No need to review. 4/5

Overall, this mixtape is pretty tight. Some of the tracks you need to listen to a couple of times before you feel them. But Baby Ree has been original and Baby Ree promises to get bigg!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 03:28:58 AM by mauzip »

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:Damizza presents... Grand Theft Audio
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 06:18:23 AM »

12. Shade Sheist, Knoc-Turn'al, Warren G, Mack 10, N.U.N.E., OG LB & Damizza - Rude Awakening
This is the remake of Shade Sheist's Wake Up. It sounds like a Dre production. You don't hear half of the artists listed, but that doesn't matter. The track is banging! 4/5

How does it sound like a Dre production? Its the beat to Shook Ones Part 2 by Mobb Deep, a true hiphop classic, doesn't sound anything like something Dre would have ever produced.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 07:14:11 AM »
Blah. I didn't know that. I believe you.

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 03:02:48 PM »
This is not a Damizza Presents project. "GTA" is presented by PaperWork/PYO Entertainment.

www.putyourselfout.net
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 11:47:57 AM »
Thanks for the review Mauzip  ;)

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 10:24:41 PM »