Author Topic: London: Muslims Gather To Celebrate and Rejoice September 11th Attacks  (Read 209 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Overseer, what the hell is the matter with your country? Why the hell do you guys continue to allow millions of Muslims into your country? Don't you see that you are importing your own destruction?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...10/nrally10.xml

The extremist Islamic group al-Muhajiroun is organising four rallies across Britain this week to commemorate what it calls "The Magnificent 19" hijackers who carried out the September 11 atrocities.

The Home Office promises that "every word and every statement" spoken at the events in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Leicester will be monitored by police and intelligence services for breaches of incitement or public order legislation.

But the authorities are essentially powerless to prevent the conferences or to block the provocative advertising used to promote them.

Posters and stickers advertising the events have appeared in inner-city areas with large Muslim populations. They carry pictures of the 19 hijackers around a backdrop of the World Trade Centre in flames and a smiling Osama bin Laden. The posters state: "The Magnificent 19 that divided the world on September 11th."

The London rally will be held tomorrow, the second anniversary of the attacks, with the other conferences following over the weekend. Al-Muhajiroun plans 19 speakers, each telling the life story of one of the hijackers.

Abu Omar, the name used by a spokesman for the group, told the BBC this week that the actions of the hijackers were "completely justified" and "quite splendid" and that any Muslim who thought otherwise was an "apostate".

Anjem Choudary, al-Muhajiroun's chief spokesman, was more measured in his language yesterday, maintaining that the conferences were "not a celebration" of September 11 but an attempt to examine the causes behind it.

Mr Choudary, 36, a solicitor, said: "I think the British public are more mature than to look at a poster and be influenced by it - they understand that Muslims have a different viewpoint. People know that freedom of expression, however distasteful something might appear to them, is valuable and they appreciate it."

Unlike Omar Bakri Mohammed, the Syrian self-styled sheikh who he is poised to succeed as leader of al-Muhajiroun, Mr Choudary was born and educated in Britain.

He claims that al-Muhajiroun, which has an office in Tottenham, north London, has "significant support" among young Muslims in urban communities and branches in 30 towns and cities which organise bookstalls, public meetings and discussion circles.

It argues that it does not recruit or train recruits for jihad or holy war. However, its stated aim is an Islamic revolution in Britain and the establishment of the Khilafah - a fundamentalist Islamic state.

Al-Muhajiroun is viewed with some disdain by many hardline Islamists, but its ability to inflame Muslim youth is a matter for concern for the authorities. Omar Khan Sharif and Asif Hanif, the British suicide bombers who died in Israel in May, both had links with al-Muhajiroun.

The Muslim Council of Britain said it viewed this week's events with "immense dismay" and said they could spark anti-Muslim violence.

"Al-Muhajiroun used to be viewed as harmless clowns but since September 11 they have become much more sinister," said Inayat Bunglawala, an MCB spokesman.

"There have been attacks on our communities, on mosques, on cemeteries. It seems it is almost part of al-Muhajiroun's agenda to promote division and turn people against each other.

"There are 1.6 million Muslims in the UK and more than 1,000 mosques. Al-Muhajiroun is minuscule and has no standing whatsoever in our community."

Eidolon_Ravi

Re:London: Muslims Gather To Celebrate and Rejoice September 11th Attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 08:52:17 AM »

The Anti-american community has as much right as Any pro-american community to commomerate the 9/11 event ...

They have the right to do so in a manner which appeals to them...

It is just a matter of ideological differences...

As the World Trade Center crumbled and fell, millions of people around the world cheered. Many of them hated America for a variety of reasons, both logical and irrational. Many lived in nations that had been bombed or napalmed by the United States or attacked by soldiers supported by the U.S. Some lived in nations whose governments or economies were destroyed or manipulated by the United States or American corporations.

Others live in nations that are just bullied or snubbed by the U.S. Some have simply observed the pain and suffering America has inflicted around the world, and they thought it was time Americans got a taste of their own medicine. Still others were disgusted by the undignified way Americans reacted to September 11.

America continues to lose friends and allies. Yet America’s muddled masses seem determined to continue snubbing their neighbors and continuing with business as usual. U.S. citizens would actually be better of if they cheered the Attack on America.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 08:54:34 AM »
The extremist Islamic group al-Muhajiroun is organising four rallies

Overseer, what the hell is the matter with your country? Why the hell do you guys continue to allow millions of Muslims into your country?

doesnt the first line in the article indicates you that these are extremist not muslims?
now poeple that are anti muslim will start creating attacks to all muslims...now thats some fuckedup ass shit

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 02:46:05 PM »
It's strange to me that when Anti-American people come together to celebrate hate, death, and intollerance, it's "just a matter of ideological differences"

But when Americans hold a rally in support for the president, or the troops, we are Brainwashed, largely ignorant and showing our imperialistic interntions...

Oh well, I guess I just don't get it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 05:31:25 PM »

The Anti-american community has as much right as Any pro-american community to commomerate the 9/11 event ...

As the World Trade Center crumbled and fell, millions of people around the world cheered. Many of them hated America for a variety of reasons, both logical and irrational. Many lived in nations that had been bombed or napalmed by the United States or attacked by soldiers supported by the U.S. Some lived in nations whose governments or economies were destroyed or manipulated by the United States or American corporations.

Others live in nations that are just bullied or snubbed by the U.S. Some have simply observed the pain and suffering America has inflicted around the world, and they thought it was time Americans got a taste of their own medicine. Still others were disgusted by the undignified way Americans reacted to September 11.

America continues to lose friends and allies. Yet America’s muddled masses seem determined to continue snubbing their neighbors and continuing with business as usual. U.S. citizens would actually be better of if they cheered the Attack on America.

oh so they're justified in their hate?

remind me when a soldier kills a strapped little kid to cheer and celebrate (sarcasm)  ::)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 09:10:20 PM »
CWalker187, the article clearly says "extremists", so why do you apply their notions to all muslims. You fuckin ignorant dumbass. You are just as bad as these fundamentalists.

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 08:04:09 AM »

remind me when a soldier kills a strapped little kid to cheer and celebrate (sarcasm)  ::)

Pretty pooryly designed metaphor anyway ::)

ans well as a reply to yer silly question:  YES

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 12:03:22 PM »
I think they should be allowed have a convention or whatever, coz thats freedom for ya. But what that leader guy said, thhey are "clowns", thats probably true, and they are only a tiny group, like posting an article about the KKK announcing theyre celebrating the death of a black man. Its their right to "discuss" it, but its kinda pointless coz everyone knows theyre losers. Why get worked up about it? I mean people celebrate american troops, and they kill too ya know. (btw, in no way do i blame the troops for the shit in iraq or anywhere, in fact i have great pity for those killed there.)
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 11:26:53 PM »

Pretty pooryly designed metaphor anyway ::)

ans well as a reply to yer silly question:  YES

well i feel sorry for you.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09