Author Topic: Some thoughts on Hiroshima  (Read 139 times)

Eidolon_Ravi

Some thoughts on Hiroshima
« on: September 14, 2003, 09:16:52 AM »
Reverend Bill Sinkford, President of the Unitarian Universalist Association, presents us with a role model of trying to come to terms with Hiroshima.

Listen to what he told the Association's general assembly in June:

Yes, it’s been a tough year. As I have traveled it has often felt that I have been on a search for hope. Perhaps some of you have been on the same search.

While I was in Japan, I took a day to visit the Hiroshima Peace Park, the memorial to the 250,000 Japanese who were killed when we dropped a weapon of mass destruction on that city.

And at a wonderful dinner at the Tsubaki Grand Shrine after our ritual Misogi cleansing, I finally found the question I needed to ask our Japanese hosts.

“How could you possibly have forgiven us for our use of the atomic bomb?”

A member of the Grand Shrine Board, a retired nuclear physicist named Mr. Feruda, responded.

“First, thank you for asking the question. No one has ever asked us that before.”

After thinking for a moment, he said: “Despite the horrific death toll and the devastation, we actually have come to see our loss as a blessing.

“You see, if we had not lost that war, the military government would probably still be in power and we would still be out colonizing and appropriating resources to fuel our industrial machine.

“If we had not lost, the attitude of arrogance that was a part of Japanese life during those times would still be with us, the belief that because we had the might, we had the right to do as we willed.

“You see, if we had not lost… we would have become you. We would have become you and it would have crippled the soul of our nation.”

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Some thoughts on Hiroshima
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 09:21:29 AM »
damn... that was touching. R.I.P. to all those lost on that day. The most violent war in history ended with the introduction to the A-Bomb. God Bless the Dead

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 09:05:09 PM »
“You see, if we had not lost… we would have become you. We would have become you and it would have crippled the soul of our nation.”

Good point he made there.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 12:12:44 AM »

yeah fuck america  ::)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 05:03:03 AM »
damn ....that was one tight reply right there...
newayz RIP to all those who lost their lives that day..

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]