Author Topic: If 50 Wouldnt've Been Shot..  (Read 273 times)

West C. Connected

If 50 Wouldnt've Been Shot..
« on: September 15, 2003, 09:56:52 AM »
He would've become big anyway.
I don't think he needed Shady/Aftermath, I mean what was his first video gonna be? Thug Love ft. Destiny's Child. And look at other songs such as Material Girl 2000, As The World Turns and maybe even Ghetto Qua'ran are good single material.

mauzip

Re:If 50 Wouldnt've Been Shot..
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 11:48:12 AM »
He would've become big anyway.
I don't think he needed Shady/Aftermath, I mean what was his first video gonna be? Thug Love ft. Destiny's Child. And look at other songs such as Material Girl 2000, As The World Turns and maybe even Ghetto Qua'ran are good single material.

it only didn't come out as a single

by the way, i like thug love too much in order for it to be a hit. i mean, 19/20 singles that i like are no big hits.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 11:53:26 AM »
Well, you never know. He had that track with J-Lo too, a hit song right there, but he was just another victim of industry bullshit and the guys in charge out Nas on the track instead of 50. Seems like although he was given the chance to do these songs with established artists, they wouldn't give 50 a chance by never putting those songs out. But I too think that the shooting isn't the reason why he's big, but it definately helped to get him a rep going. Plus, it's another dramatic thing to rap about.

West C. Connected

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 12:22:58 PM »
Well, you never know. He had that track with J-Lo too, a hit song right there, but he was just another victim of industry bullshit and the guys in charge out Nas on the track instead of 50. Seems like although he was given the chance to do these songs with established artists, they wouldn't give 50 a chance by never putting those songs out. But I too think that the shooting isn't the reason why he's big, but it definately helped to get him a rep going. Plus, it's another dramatic thing to rap about.

Yeah forgot about that J-Lo song, that would've made him big too.

Btw, I meant he would've become big even if he wouldn't sign to Shady/Aftermath seeing as he couldn't shoot the video because he was shot.  ;)

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 12:53:12 PM »

Then he didn't have anything to Rap about  8)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 01:18:50 PM »
 :-\

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 01:29:58 PM »

lol i was about to say the same ting..........u could delete half his joints if he didnt get shot, haha

peace

eS El Duque

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2003, 03:46:51 PM »

lol i was about to say the same ting..........u could delete half his joints if he didnt get shot, haha

peace

well from his new shit yea...but his old shit was good

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2003, 04:56:44 PM »
The reason 50 blew up was cuz of Aftermath...plain and simple. Just like Eminem. Y'all needta give Dre a lot of credit for helpin' out emcees who might never have a chance. Even if they aren't West Coast, Dre still looks out for the rap game. Hopefully The Game can follow in Em and 50's footsteps.

Jome

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2003, 05:41:14 PM »
50 was about to shoot the video for "Thug Love" with Beyonce..
And Beyonce was big even back then.. would have made 50 at least semi-famous..
But no doubt, Shady/Math gave him the big push.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2003, 07:08:13 PM »
I think it can be broken down into 5 parts

1 Part mixtape buzz
2 Parts Getting shot 9 times
2 Parts Affiliation with Eminem & Dr. Dre

I thinl 50 would have gone at least 1x Platinum without Dre & Em.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

JTSimon

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2003, 07:16:46 PM »
The reason 50 blew up was cuz of Aftermath...plain and simple. Just like Eminem. Y'all needta give Dre a lot of credit for helpin' out emcees who might never have a chance. Even if they aren't West Coast, Dre still looks out for the rap game. Hopefully The Game can follow in Em and 50's footsteps.

Your one clueless mofo... ;)