Author Topic: Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)  (Read 631 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)
« on: September 24, 2003, 04:56:01 PM »
I picked up the album Tuesday, gave each CD a complete listen through and I must say that it is garbage.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Outkast (The Love Below/Speakerboxxx)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 07:34:07 PM »
I picked up the album Tuesday, gave each CD a complete listen through and I must say that it is garbage.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 08:22:07 AM »
word i picked up because it was 10.99 at bestbuy figured a double cd by outkast cant go wrong....but that shit is a dissapointment...didnt like it...i should have bought deliverance instead

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 02:10:56 PM »
word i picked up because it was 10.99 at bestbuy figured a double cd by outkast cant go wrong....but that shit is a dissapointment...didnt like it...i should have bought deliverance instead

Cause Deliverance is only 6.99....

Why is that anyway?
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 08:36:42 AM »
you have to understand the reason for each cd... andre's cd is a cd to fuck 2 and big boi's cd is a cd to bump in ur car i mean listen to thoes beats there aloot of bass

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 08:41:32 AM »
I agree, album was a dissapointment.  

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 09:07:58 AM »
I agree, album was a dissapointment.  

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2003, 09:28:53 AM »
This album is difficult to judge.  I'd rather have a true Outkast album then this but it's still got enough hot joints.  

But it is getting some good reviews.  I've seen three sites give it a 4.5/5

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2003, 11:16:46 AM »
Hm , same thing happened when stankonia came out ..  everybody hated it , then like 3 months later everyone was like " its a classic" ...
Personaly I think its the best release of the year . But The love below aint a rap cd , its some funk soul shit ... dopeeeee!

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2003, 11:56:54 AM »
this cd is so dope, what are u guys talkin about???

i guess its a matter of opinions
anyways i just love the originality of beats on Speakerboxxx, it has a little bit of Stankonia and Aquemini all together, Speakerboxxx is my favorite disc BUT Andre's disc is holdin his own, its not rap, not anything near what you would expect from him but its some other shit that im definitely diggin, i love listening to it, especially at night, shit soaks in and literally relaxes u to sleep, damn that disc is so dope

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2003, 12:44:51 PM »
I didn't like any track on Andre's cd. Big Boi's cd has 2 tracks that I like: GhettoMusick and Flip Flop Rock.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2003, 03:30:35 PM »
You gotta listen to music with a open mind , in my opinion shits a fucking Outkast classic

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2003, 05:21:43 PM »
Hm , same thing happened when stankonia came out ..  everybody hated it , then like 3 months later everyone was like " its a classic" ...
Personaly I think its the best release of the year . But The love below aint a rap cd , its some funk soul shit ... dopeeeee!

No.  When Stankonia came out, I immediately liked it.  Same with all their other cd's, this is just junk.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2003, 06:03:01 PM »
these 2 cds are fuckin HOT

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2003, 10:20:56 PM »
holy shit you guys are on some kinda drugs or something cuz this shit is FUCKING dope

the love below is fUCKING TIGHT

1. the love below(intro)-smooth shit
2. love hater-if you don't know your jazz, you won't appreciate this
3. god-funny ass track
4. happy valetine's day- some tight shit, again if you don't know your parlaiment.....you won't appreciate this
5. spread- daaaaaaaamn just pure dopeness
6. where are my panties-dope ass skit....actually has some class to it
7. prototype-CLASSIC track !!!! straight up this is how soul music should sound!
8. she lives in my lap-an aright track, again if you don't like funk you won't appreciate this track
9. hey ya!- how can you not like this quorky song?, it's a perfect bled of satire (john mayor) and outkast
10. roses-cool stuff
11. good day, good sir-FUNNY FUNNY SHIT
12. behold a lady- again if you don't aprreciate music outside of rap you won't appreciate this track
13. pink and blue-lovely track
14. love in war-an aright track you got to get use to
15. she's alive-aright (first "bad" thing about the album)
16. Dracula's wedding -aright....(the second so called bad thing about the album)
17. take off your cool- bomb ass mother fucking track
18. vibrate- again another REAL soul track
19. a life in the day of ....-dope dope stuff....like spoken word poetry

MOTHER FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS ALBUM

i can see how you can hate on big boi's cd...cuz it's missing personality (andre) but it's STILL a solid rap cd.....how can you say this is garbage but hail to 50 cent, obie trice, snoop, dmx, paris, ect. when this is far and beyond what they've released

all and all  a sold 4/5 package as a whole ,andre released a classic

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09