Author Topic: Chechnya-Russia Conflict  (Read 262 times)

mauzip

Chechnya-Russia Conflict
« on: September 25, 2003, 09:19:32 AM »
Tsjetjenia, I don't know how you spell it lol

Anywayz, what I was gonna ask is this. What is that whole war over there about?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 08:47:20 AM by mauzip »

Don Seer

Re:Tsjetjenia
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 09:25:01 AM »
chechnia? <- closer than u i think :)

mauzip

Re:Tsjetjenia
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 01:06:47 PM »
chechnia? <- closer than u i think :)

blah, my spelling looks like the way you spell it in dutch ;)

mauzip

Re:Chechnya-Russia Conflict
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 08:47:38 AM »
anyone?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 10:45:53 AM »
Well, during the 19th century Czarist expeditions southwards, and Stalins sweep of Central Asia in the 1920's and 1930's, Chechnya was absorbed into Russia. While all the members of the former Soviet Union were all granted independance, the Chechyans surprised the Russians by demanding independance as well (The Russians of course assumed the Chechens had accepted their fate).

Chechnya declared independance, The Russians invaded, and between 1994-1996, 60 000 Russians died in Chechnya. The conflict ended with de facto Chechyan independace.

Few Years ago, the Chechyans started assisting the Dagistanis (another region in SW Russia, similiar circumstances as Chechnya).
The Russians responded with an invasion of Chechya. They currently occupy most of Chechya.

Human rights abuses are common in Chechnya. Men are sent to Gulagesque labour camps, the women are raped, homes are demolished. Amnesty Intl will tell you this.

Of course in this "new post 9/11 world", a blind eye is being turned to the destruction of the Chechen people. So when they in desperation turn to acts of violence, they are being denounced.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 04:51:51 PM »
 :o thanks!

i'm doing a project about this subject for school. now i kind of know where to start ;)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 04:34:33 PM »

no problem

side fact: The Chechen rebels used to have a strong ally in Afghanistans Taliban. There was even a Chechen embassy in Kabul.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 06:35:18 PM »

The reason for this conflict is the same reason there is violence and war wherever Muslims are. Wherever Muslims are in great numbers, such as Chechnya, they attempt to use violent revolution to overthrow the existing government, in this case Russia, and impose an oppressive Islamic government regardless of the wishes of non Muslims in the area. The Checnyans are trying to do this through traditional Islamic means such as suicide bombings and other forms of terrorism. Russia is trying to stop them from doing that and I don't blame them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 06:36:52 PM by CWalker187 »

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 06:57:39 PM »

The reason for this conflict is the same reason there is violence and war wherever Muslims are. Wherever Muslims are in great numbers, such as Chechnya, they attempt to use violent revolution to overthrow the existing government, in this case Russia, and impose an oppressive Islamic government regardless of the wishes of non Muslims in the area. The Checnyans are trying to do this through traditional Islamic means such as suicide bombings and other forms of terrorism. Russia is trying to stop them from doing that and I don't blame them.

LOL... you're hillarious...

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 07:01:18 PM »
CWalker did you know Muslims in the U.S. are planning to do the same thing?  :-*

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 01:27:11 PM »

1. The existing govt is illegitimate and doesnt have the support of the people

2. Non Muslims in Chechnya is not a strong minority.  There are barely any.

3. Suicide bombing is a recent phenomena.

Youre an idiot, but seein the society of which you are a product, I dont blame ya.

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 04:28:37 PM »
CWalker did you know Muslims in the U.S. are planning to do the same thing?  :-*

Everyone knows that. But if they try it, the Muslims are going to get their asses beat down just like they always do when they mess with Christians. We are on a whole different level than they are.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 06:28:40 PM »

Everyone knows that. But if they try it, the Muslims are going to get their asses beat down just like they always do when they mess with Christians. We are on a whole different level than they are.

WTC 9/11  8)