Author Topic: Camejo during the gubernatorial recall debate  (Read 109 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Camejo during the gubernatorial recall debate
« on: September 25, 2003, 08:34:43 PM »
what do you guys think of this?

Camejo: I just want to say this, the people we are talking about are the lowest paid workers in California who work the hardest, who pay taxes and receive almost no benefits. They are essential to our economy. We loosely use this word, I think totally inappropiately, illegal. No one is going to arrest them. If the somebody is illegal, you arrest them. But nobody is going to arrest them because they are esstential to California. Everbydoy knows that they are there to stay. They are part of our family. We have to end this apartheid system that we have toward them. They are part of our community and are esstential to our economy.  I really object to this term illegal. I mean, you know, in the first debate i referred to who came here totally illegally and it was European Americans who came over here. But they are here. So give them a driver's license, give them their rights. Im not going to object to that. But these are the people of the indeginous people of this continent. Let's understand that if your economic situation was the same as theirs, you would do exactly the same thing. People all over the world are moving rhough borders to try to feed their families. Lets look at this as a human problem we face, not as criminality. These are part of our families. We need to help them and work with them and give them medical insuracne and the cost that will come about, they are paying for because they are contributing as taxpayers.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Camejo during the gubernatorial recall debate
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 03:27:26 PM »
I don' t think too much of it.

What do you think of this:

TOM McCLINTOCK: I think you are all losing sight of a very important fact, and that is we are talking about families that are in this country in violation of our nation's immigration laws. Now this nation has the most generous immigration policies of any nation in the world. Illegal immigration undermines that process of legal immigration that's the strength of our nation, and there are millions of people who are willing to abide by our immigration laws to come to this nation, become Americans and see their children grow up and prosper as Americans. Illegal immigration is the process of cutting in line in front of them, and I don't believe we should be rewarding such behavior. Illegal immigration is costing this country $4 billion in direct costs out of our treasury by the most conservative estimates available. We've got to make sure our immigration laws are enforced. I led the opposition to the measure on giving driver's licenses to illegal immigrants because it undermines the enforcement of our immigration laws.

infinite59

Re:Camejo during the gubernatorial recall debate
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 06:56:00 AM »
I attended a meeting Peter Camejo held last Oct. at an Islamic Community in Sacremento.  Out of all the poloticians in the news, he is the best and most sincere.  We need to start looking at these issues from a worldly, human perspective.  We need to stop thinking in terms of these unnatural boundaries that were drawn during the colonial period.