Author Topic: Robert Palmer R.I.P  (Read 133 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Robert Palmer R.I.P
« on: September 26, 2003, 06:11:34 AM »
Damn sad news
He had a heart attack in France
R.I.P

mrtonguetwista

Re:Robert Palmer R.I.P
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 10:11:54 AM »
(Reuters) - British rock singer Robert Palmer, whose smart suits and laconic style set the tone for much of the 1980s pop scene, died in Paris of a heart attack early Friday, his record company said. He was 54. Palmer was best known for his 1985 hit "Addicted to Love" and its accompanying video, which featured leggy models in short black dresses with slicked-back hair and electric guitars. "Robert Palmer, singer and songwriter, died suddenly of a heart attack in Paris last night," a spokeswoman for Universal Music said in a statement issued in London

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 10:42:12 AM »
I read up a lil about him, seemed like a nice guy.  He said he couldn't stand the excesses rock stars lived with (drinking, partying, etc.) and never understood why someone would want to get up in front of a bunch of people and make a fool out of themselves intoxicated.  He didn't really like the limelight, I guess, either.  He also was quoted from an old interview saying that he didn't want to be 'heavy', and that he felt the only way to treat an audience was with appreciation, and that if that meant doing such uncool things as being sentimental, than 'he could afford it'.  Sounded like a really sweet man.  

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 11:43:08 AM »
^^^^Yeah, sounds like an interesting person.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 12:59:27 PM »
R.I.P...
He was only 54.

Thanx for the music
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Skindiana bon3z