Author Topic: Jay Z @ MSG  (Read 74 times)

PLANT

Jay Z @ MSG
« on: September 27, 2003, 10:28:28 AM »
NEW YORK (AP) -- Jay-Z says he'll launch his last nationwide promotional tour with a performance at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 25.

The concert, produced by Clear Channel Entertainment, will benefit the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network and the Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund. Jay-Z's new album, "The Black Album," will be in stores on November 28.

" 'The Black Album' is my last solo album because I want to go out while I'm hot and strong," the 33-year-old rapper said Wednesday. "The success of my recording career has opened up other opportunities for me which I want to now focus on."

Russell Simmons, co-founder and chairman of Def Jam Records and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network, said Jay-Z represents the best in artistic talents, as well as contributing toward empowering people.

"We're going to register millions of young people to vote and the benefit concert will help us fulfill our goal," Simmons said.

Ticket prices range from $39.50 to $125, according to the Madison Square Garden Web site.