Author Topic: Poll: Davis in peril, Schwarzenegger strongman  (Read 351 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Poll: Davis in peril, Schwarzenegger strongman
« on: September 28, 2003, 03:48:10 PM »
When asked how they they would vote on recalling Davis, 63 percent of probable voters said they would vote yes, compared with 35 percent who would vote no.

In a separate vote to choose a replacement for Davis, Schwarzenegger was the choice of 40 percent of respondents.

Democratic Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante was the choice for 25 percent of voters polled, Republican state Sen. Tom McClintock received 18 percent.

The poll showed Green Party candidate Peter Camejo with 5 percent and syndicated columnist and independent candidate Arianna Huffington with 2 percent of the respondents' support.

The poll of 787 registered voters has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. It was conducted over three days from Thursday through Saturday, following Wednesday night's debate among the five leading replacement candidates. (Full story)

The poll used a model for probable voters that assumes about half of the state's voting age population will vote on Election Day.

If the poll is an indication of what will happen in the October 7 election, Schwarzenegger could win even if his remaining major Republican rival, McClintock, stays in the race.

GOP leaders have been pressuring the senator to drop out to improve Schwarzenegger's chances of beating Bustamante, the only major Democrat in the field.

Sunday's results are the first CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll numbers in the California recall campaign.

Earlier polls conducted by other organizations have shown a much closer race between Schwarzenegger and Bustamante and less support for the recall.

Schwarzenegger and Davis have been invited to debate on CNN's "Larry King Live." Davis, a Democrat who formally challenged the Republican actor-turned-politician to a debate Friday, accepted. The Schwarzenegger campaign declined. (Full story)

Davis and Schwarzenegger are not running against each other. Voters will first be asked whether Davis should be recalled. They will then pick a replacement from a list of 135 candidates, including Schwarzenegger, who would take over if Davis were removed from office.

The recall was triggered by voter anger over the state's economic and energy situation.

A recent budget agreement between Democratic and Republican legislators in Sacramento eliminated the state's $38 billion deficit through cuts and borrowing, but it created an expected shortfall of at least $8 billion for the next fiscal year.

A former candidate in the race, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California, financed much of a successful petition campaign to allow the recall election

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/28/recall.poll/index.html

oh GOD    :-\

UnstoppableForce

Re:Poll: Davis in peril, Schwarzenegger strongman
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 05:29:39 PM »
*shakes head* :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 09:29:10 PM »
numbers don't always tell the truth.....Davis' numbers of recall should be A LOT higher than slightly half the vote, and Mcclintock's numbers should be a bit lower, and the green party candidate shouldn't even have a whole percentage point.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 09:33:21 PM »
numbers don't always tell the truth.....Davis' numbers of recall should be A LOT higher than slightly half the vote, and Mcclintock's numbers should be a bit lower, and the green party candidate shouldn't even have a whole percentage point.

Alot of people will vote for the Green Party...it will be from 5-10 percent...because alot of people are sick and tired of both Democrats and Republicans. The Green is gainin popularity

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 06:39:00 PM »
This is great news. Soon us Republicans will control California, and then the whole country, and then the whole world!!!!!!

God I love being conservative.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 06:52:33 PM »
This is great news. Soon us Republicans will control California, and then the whole country, and then the whole world!!!!!!

LMAO... *props*

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 01:29:31 PM »

You stupid fuckin Polack. You dont control shit. Ya homeboy Bush dont control shit. The GOP doesnt control shit. Your pimps the Jews control shit. Enjoy life as a prostitute, sweet heart.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

pappy

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 03:22:44 PM »

You stupid fuckin Polack.

BAN TECH..... BEING HALF POLISH I AM VERY OFFENEDED AN I WANT HIM BANNED  *remembers hes white an cant complain about racial slurs about his ethnic background*   on the real i aint mad that tech said pollock without being provoked what pisses me off is no1 will say anything about it.  but when i called ibo a nigger even after he talked shit about new york an my mom i was a racist an half the board called for my banning

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 03:25:54 PM »
YAY CONSERVATISM!!! I seriously think there's gonna be a shift to conservatism in america.  I think the majority of america lives conservative ideals, and eventually everything will trend back that way.  Liberals have kind of swelled for a number of reasons, one was the social problems in america that grew in the early 90's, I think the 80's and just the atmosphere of the 80's pushed a lot of people towards more liberal politics; then Bush dropped the ball when he lied about raising taxes, and Ross Perot helped sway votes away from Bush; Clinton won office, and did a decent job (in some ways), was re-elected... and really, that's the only democrat president in over 20 years.  

I also feel that since conservatives don't have as many 'hard' issues to take a stand on anymore, they've become much more acceptable to the average american, it's no longer a shame to be conservative, because we're so far removed from the civil rights problems of the 60's, more and more people will be moving towards conservatism, which forces liberal politicians to move farther and farther to the left, alienating more and more people.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 06:23:36 PM »
YAY CONSERVATISM!!! I seriously think there's gonna be a shift to conservatism in america.  I think the majority of america lives conservative ideals, and eventually everything will trend back that way.  Liberals have kind of swelled for a number of reasons, one was the social problems in america that grew in the early 90's, I think the 80's and just the atmosphere of the 80's pushed a lot of people towards more liberal politics; then Bush dropped the ball when he lied about raising taxes, and Ross Perot helped sway votes away from Bush; Clinton won office, and did a decent job (in some ways), was re-elected... and really, that's the only democrat president in over 20 years.  

I also feel that since conservatives don't have as many 'hard' issues to take a stand on anymore, they've become much more acceptable to the average american, it's no longer a shame to be conservative, because we're so far removed from the civil rights problems of the 60's, more and more people will be moving towards conservatism, which forces liberal politicians to move farther and farther to the left, alienating more and more people.  

True... until 2004...

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 07:47:42 PM »
Hmmm; I feel that 2004 is when it's going to become the most evident.  I don't feel whoever the democratic candidate is will win more than 20% of the electoral votes, and conservatives will hold a strong majority of the senate and house of representatives.  Everything is pointing towards this.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 07:59:43 PM »
Hmmm; I feel that 2004 is when it's going to become the most evident.  I don't feel whoever the democratic candidate is will win more than 20% of the electoral votes, and conservatives will hold a strong majority of the senate and house of representatives.  Everything is pointing towards this.  

Anyone in a normal state of mind should feel otherwise, just by looking at Bush's presidency.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 08:06:24 PM »
Hmmm; You're confusing me.  What about Bush's presidency?  He's got 2 problems, 1. the economy has been bad since he took office, and 2. the war in Iraq isn't supported by everyone.  He's got over a full year to fix those problems, and the economy's already upswung (which is just in time to look good for his campaign)... none of the democrats running against him have any respectable poll numbers, when polled against him, I just don't see it happening.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 08:13:12 PM »
Oh, so the economy has been bad since he took office. Not a big deal huh? Shouldn't that be a main priority? Not to him. His main goal is to go to war with as many countries as possible. Why don't we spend our money at home? Education, health care, etc.
Bush is now putting effort into the economy to increase his chances of getting re-elected, but as soon as he does (god forbid), he will just go back to fighting countries and not care about the economy.Then by the time he gets out of office he'll have plenty of oil money waiting for him.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 08:19:44 PM »
Damn, sounds like a plan.

Of course, if he really wanted to do it right, he just wouldn't go to war, since nobody likes it.  He must have other motives, then, don't you think? Like doing the right thing?

You're losing site of the issue:

It doesn't matter what Bush does, all that matters is what people vote.  The majority of people will vote for Bush, whether you like it or not, that's just how it is... it doesn't matter what kind of job he does as president, it just matters what kind of votes he can turn up in november. This is how things work, unfortunately.  The way it is looking now, Bush will easily win the election in 2004; maybe you don't want him to, but the majority of americans are not going to vote one of the democratic candidates in, as it stands.