Author Topic: Poll: Davis in peril, Schwarzenegger strongman  (Read 352 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Poll: Davis in peril, Schwarzenegger strongman
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 08:28:55 PM »

It doesn't matter what Bush does, all that matters is what people vote.  The majority of people will vote for Bush, whether you like it or not, that's just how it is

ur right...and thats pretty sad

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2003, 08:29:19 PM »
Damn, sounds like a plan.

Of course, if he really wanted to do it right, he just wouldn't go to war, since nobody likes it.  He must have other motives, then, don't you think? Like doing the right thing?

You're losing site of the issue:

It doesn't matter what Bush does, all that matters is what people vote.  The majority of people will vote for Bush, whether you like it or not, that's just how it is... it doesn't matter what kind of job he does as president, it just matters what kind of votes he can turn up in november. This is how things work, unfortunately.  The way it is looking now, Bush will easily win the election in 2004; maybe you don't want him to, but the majority of americans are not going to vote one of the democratic candidates in, as it stands.  

1. Some people like war. New-conservatives for instance.

2. To some people, as blinded by the truth as they are, he is doing the right thing. To them he makes war seem like a fun, patriotic thing to do. He acts like the world is a little board game.

3. Your statement on him having the best chance to win is probably correct. However, you can't forget about the fact that Clinton is endorsing a guy who he knows has no chance to win, so that Hillary has a greater chance in 2008. If Clinton endorsed Dean, or nobody at this point, and Dean was the Democratic candidate he would have as good of a chance as Bush. A recent poll shows him at a 8% loss to Bush. That's not much, especially since it's so early, and Bush is probably gonna ruin the country some more.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 08:33:39 PM by BALLAtician »

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2003, 08:32:40 PM »
Btw, LOL @ your SGV thread ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2003, 08:36:51 PM »
I agree with your clinton comments, I talked about that weeks ago on here; if a democrat wins this time around, Hillary can't run in 2008.  

Here's the bad news (for you :) )

Bush isn't going to run the country into the ground; like I said, the economy is on an upswing, and this Iraq business WILL end, eventually.  Contrary to what people believe, Bush isn't looking to go to war with everyone, he had business to take care of in Iraq, and Afganistan.  I would be extremely surprised if he took on any other countries.  Bush's second presidency will probably be a pretty good one.

...And, Hillary has absolutely no chance at winning the presidency.  She Will run in 2008, but no republican will vote for her.... many male democrats won't vote for her, either, because they'll have problems with her being a woman.  So the 2008 election will be wasted for the democrats on Hillary.  There won't be a democrat in office in America until at least 2012, and with an incumbent president, that willl be a tough race.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2003, 08:38:51 PM »
LOL... they're already talking about Iran and Syria

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2003, 08:44:05 PM »
^^ DEMOCRATS are already talking about Iran and Syria.  As in, they're hoping he'll invade them, so they can talk shit about him.  He's not going to do that, however.  The reason: like I said, he had legitimate reasons to attack the 2 countries he did.  Simple as that, this isn't a big conspiracy theory, young minds just get uptight when a war's going on, it's a traumatic situation, all around.  War is horrible.  People get pissed when a country is at War.  The vietnam protests were much worse than anything Bush is weathering in america right now, he'll come out of this fine.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2003, 08:56:22 PM »
^^ DEMOCRATS are already talking about Iran and Syria.  As in, they're hoping he'll invade them, so they can talk shit about him.  He's not going to do that, however.  The reason: like I said, he had legitimate reasons to attack the 2 countries he did.  Simple as that, this isn't a big conspiracy theory, young minds just get uptight when a war's going on, it's a traumatic situation, all around.  War is horrible.  People get pissed when a country is at War.  The vietnam protests were much worse than anything Bush is weathering in america right now, he'll come out of this fine.  

I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2003, 11:36:51 AM »
Yes.  

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2003, 12:30:31 PM »
republicans dont control. blair does.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore