Author Topic: LLOYD BANKS is the next superstar after 50 !!!!!  (Read 843 times)

Don Breezio

Re:LLOYD BANKS is the next superstar after 50 !!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2003, 06:34:22 PM »
[Lloyd Banks]
But as long as I'm here I'm gonna grab checks
And make my cash stretch longer than giraffe necks
Poverty make yo ass bet
My words touch niggaz in jail make them wanna finish they last sent'
They say you live by the gun, you die by the next nigga gun
If thats the case then get a bigga one
You don't think I pack the pump cause I'm out the hood
That's a stereotype like everybody that's black and +jump+
I'm in the white mink the fabric is done
Got rings like Mike, Bird, Magic, and them
Out in Dallas in the palace where the Mavericks is from
Living lavish I'm established, so the cabbage'll come
I'm in the cloud you don't see me on the trains
I travel first class you aint even got a TV on your plane
You should be easy on my name cause I aint going back and forth
Your boss and your captain soft

How is this different from Fab? It's talking about materialistic objects. Makes a cheesy sports reference, has gun play.

Difference? None. Only affiliation.

Even on Fab's poppy stuff he has gangsta lyrics. How is Banks gangsta and Fab not?

i never said he was gangsta...i just said he had better lyrics...fab is played out and he changed his style way too much...his first cd was dope...that was more the type of shit that lloyd banks is like...so if you wanna say lloyd banks is like fab was on his first cd i totally agree with you...but fab bitched out and started doing pussy tracks...now they are nothing alike.

SGV

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2003, 06:48:37 PM »

i never said he was gangsta...i just said he had better lyrics...fab is played out and he changed his style way too much...his first cd was dope...that was more the type of shit that lloyd banks is like...so if you wanna say lloyd banks is like fab was on his first cd i totally agree with you...but fab bitched out and started doing pussy tracks...now they are nothing alike.
The gangsta comment was directed at Sicc. But, pussy tracks? How so? Remember, "Trade It All" was on his first album. Just because it's geared towards women, don't mean they're pussy tracks.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2003, 06:52:56 PM »
This kid is amazing...His lyrical talent is off da hook...I really hope he becomes more successful than 50...Anyone have any pics of Banks that they can post I want to make a background?

Don Breezio

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2003, 06:56:02 PM »

The gangsta comment was directed at Sicc. But, pussy tracks? How so? Remember, "Trade It All" was on his first album. Just because it's geared towards women, don't mean they're pussy tracks.

yeah but that was about the only track like that...and i didnt say just cuz they are geared towards women they are pussy tracks...when you do half your album like that they become pussy tracks...the first album was much more gangsta and i can see comparing lloyd banks to fab's first album.

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2003, 07:00:53 PM »
Anyone have any pics of Banks that they can post I want to make a background?

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2003, 07:03:58 PM »
Everyone is blowing him totally out of proportion.  He has got sum nice lyrics no doubt but his voice and flow ain't all that good.  His verse on P.I.M.P aint all that.  If he wanted to blow up in the same way 50 has then the only advice I can give him is he needs to get a new face because no teenage girl is gunna want a poster of him on her wall.  
Almost every girl I know, knows that I like G-Unit. They all say "Whos the one that rhymes after Snoop in the P.I.M.P Remix?" and im like "Lloyd Banks". They all say "Id fuck tha shit out of him".

...But I dont see how his looks are gona matter. 50 Cent has scars on his face and 2 buck teeth and everyone loves him.

SGV

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2003, 08:20:57 PM »

...But I dont see how his looks are gona matter. 50 Cent has scars on his face and 2 buck teeth and everyone loves him.
Biggie was overweight and cock-eyed, but every chick wanted him. Why? Fame and money.

Don Breezio

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2003, 08:27:56 PM »
DUDE! you could give 10 mil to mauzip and even he'd get pussy then  ;D

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2003, 10:29:13 PM »
@ Breezio: Nah, I've never heard that Budden tracc. Maybe I should checc it out.

@ SGV: Wha'chu say is totally different from wha'chu do. I could rap about shootin' niggas but I've never even pulled a trigger before. I could rap about slangin' yay, but I've never even snorted coke before. See what I mean? I look at how they act. Fabolous looks like a pretty boy, Banks looks more like a thug. Plus...I can almost bet we'll never hear a tracc from Banks talkin' about love and wifin'. This is the last time I'ma say it cuz obviously we ain't gonna agree, but IMO I can't see any similarities at all between the two.

Don Breezio

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2003, 10:38:09 PM »
@ Breezio: Nah, I've never heard that Budden tracc. Maybe I should checc it out.

yea check it out...he talks for like 1 min. and flows for like 9...its dope

SGV

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2003, 07:33:14 AM »
Sicc, so looks make you gangsta? Haha. You don't know Fab or Banks. How do you know by looks? Ice Cube looked gangsta, but he wasn't. What's your point?

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2003, 10:15:12 AM »

Plus...I can almost bet we'll never hear a tracc from Banks talkin' about love and wifin'.

I agree that Banks is gonna blow up.  AT least Platinum.  But, I have to disagree with this statement.  He'll need a solid second single.  A "Thug in LOve" track is always the best option.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2003, 10:31:53 AM »
I been sayin this time & time again...Tha only reason y'all think Fabolous aint shit is because of his weak ass commercial singles his label picks 4 him...Lyrically (as in his multis & punchlines) he's 1 of tha best...he pulls it off real clever...reminds me of Lloyed Banks...I would bump Lloyed's shit more tho, because his shit's harder...his style, voice etc...but lyrically Fab is on tha same level as him, if not better...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2003, 10:33:39 AM »
Oh yea, and they both remind of THE GAME too, he's just as clever wit his shit....Y'all dunno Game like I know Game....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2003, 01:12:09 PM »
@ SGV: I'm just sayin' that just cuz Fab raps about bein' gangsta doesn't mean he is one. WHAT they rap about shouldn't make them similar IMO, it should be HOW they rap about it. And IMO they don't rap about it the same way as you're sayin'.

@ Rodzilla: I hope Game blows f'sho. He sounds like a West Coast version of Shyne to me. Similar shit to Banks though too. If he stays with Aftermath we might be able to see some G-Unit/Game collabos. That'd be tight.