Author Topic: I'm sick of people screaming Racism about shit  (Read 1121 times)

Trauma-san

I'm sick of people screaming Racism about shit
« on: October 02, 2003, 07:05:27 AM »
Today, Rush limbaugh resigned from ESPN.  This comes after last week, they asked him about Brian McNabb, a black quarterback in the NFL.  McNabb had been doing a bad job for a few games, and Rush said this:

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said on Sunday NFL Countdown.

"There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team," he said.

Now, everybody from Al Sharpton to all of the democratic presidential candidates were calling for his firing.  FOR WHAT?  He just said something that mentioned that McNabb was black, I see nothing wrong with that statement.

Also, they totally disregarded that the 1st week Rush was on ESPN, he came to the defense of Black Coaches, saying that the league's rule of teams interviewing black coaches turned them into pawns and was not going to help the problem of there not being enough black coaches.  

They also ignored that he said almost the same exact thing about a white quarterback the year before.  

It's bullshit, this guy is the farthest thing from racist around.  

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re:I'm sick of people screaming Racism about shit
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 08:40:19 AM »
Its Donovan McNabb

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 01:03:09 PM »
culpepper and vick are MUCH better ....but that's besides the point

i agree, people are too hyper racial anymore. yes racism does still exisist , but just becuase something goes wrong or something offends you , there is not always a racist root to it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 02:45:51 PM »
This is absolute bullshit. What the hell is happening in America? Whatever happened to free speech? Nowadays you can lose your job for simply expressing a opinion. But when minorities say things like this no one even cares.

Casper

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 02:53:39 PM »
Al Sharpton???

the guys an idiot...

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 03:14:54 PM »
That sounds pretty stupid to me. Maybe they thought he was saying that the only reason he was there was coz hes black but i dont see how thats racist. People are way too sensitive these days. If he made a racist remark then sure, he should resign, but that sounds like bullshit. Sounds like he's a decent guy tho if he gave his job up because of it.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 03:27:34 PM »
I respect him for resigning in order to keep the image of the station to be ruined. Although, I think they kinda "forced" him to resign ;D

AWS SS 88

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 03:30:15 PM »
i hope anybody that thinks what he said was racist dies and rots in hell for all eternity,because they are the exact definition of a dumbass

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 03:59:33 PM »
That isn't racism at all. It's just simply stating that he was Black. Racism has been a word twisted to often in society.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 04:33:31 PM »
Wow, I'm stunned.  I figured everybody would hate on him since he's Rush.  I think ESPN knew what they were getting into when they signed him, they knew he was going to be controversial when they got him, that's why they got him, to kick the show up a little bit.  He's said in the past that he thought it was a shame there were only 3 or 4 black coaches out of 33 in the NFL, and he didn't understand why that was.  He also said that their policy of mandatory interviewing black coaches (the nfl's policy) was going to be horrible, because it means that all these black assistants were just going to get used, and then get the stigma of being chosen over after giving interviews to every team in the league.

Today he gave some big speech at a convention, and said the reason he resigned was because he didn't want ESPN to go through the crap, and that people were blaming the black co-hosts for not saying anything in rebuttal to his comments, and he felt that was unfair, so he just removed the problem by resigning.  

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 10:34:33 AM »
I 100% agree with everything you guys have said....

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 12:04:49 PM »
The reason people are making so much noise about this Rush Limbaugh thing is not just because of what he said... but because of who he is and always has been.  People have known this man was a racist for years, and this recent soundbite has only been the tip of the iceberg.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2003, 02:14:35 PM »
well now since we all talkin about shit we sick of of......

u know wot im sick of............racism

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 02:54:32 PM »
The reason people are making so much noise about this Rush Limbaugh thing is not just because of what he said... but because of who he is and always has been.  People have known this man was a racist for years, and this recent soundbite has only been the tip of the iceberg.

^^thas EXACTLY what i was gonna say here...if this was someone else who said it, it would not have been such a big deal. If he made a similar statement about females, knowing who he is...and how he thinks, it would have been a big deal as well.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2003, 03:20:37 PM »

^^thas EXACTLY what i was gonna say here...if this was someone else who said it, it would not have been such a big deal. If he made a similar statement about females, knowing who he is...and how he thinks, it would have been a big deal as well.

Very true. Comments weren't that bad at all. But it is Rush, and oh, sport is suppose to be color blind.