Author Topic: The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...  (Read 613 times)

SGV

The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...
« on: October 02, 2003, 04:51:09 PM »
Lil Flip
David Banner
Outkast
Youngbloodz
Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz
Bone Crusher
Bigg Gipp
T.I.
Killer Mike
Baby
Big Tymers
3-6 Mafia
Ludacris
Ying Yang Twinz
JD
Bubba Sparxxx
Feild Mob
Timbaland
Jazze Pha

All have had big hits or been apart of a major radio jam this year. Not to mention, their albums have been some of the best. The South production right now is pretty much second to none. Hate all you want on the South, but right now they're unfuckwitable.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 04:55:14 PM »
this has been the scenario since 98'

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 05:00:21 PM »
this has been the scenario since 98'
I'd probably say 01 was ran by the East, that was when the whole Jay-Z/Nas thing went on and everyone loved it.

But, this year, not even 50 could top it. He had to jump on the band wagon and sign Juvenile's artist, Young Buck.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 05:03:02 PM »
I'ma have to agree.  The south is runnin it right now.  Plus it's mostly good music too.  

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 05:24:23 PM »
How is tha YoungBloodz CD?

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 05:37:47 PM »
I'ma have to agree.  The south is runnin it right now.  Plus it's mostly good music too.  
Well, I do agree that the South is running hiphop right now, but I dont like a lot of the music they're putting out...

I cant stand Lil Jon and Tha Eastiside Boyz, TI, Lil Flip, Ying Yang Twinz ect......I fucking hate all their songs.  I like Outkast, Goodie and Luda ect tho.

But other than Outkast and Luda, unless Im in the club, Im not listening to anything from the south.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 06:07:34 PM »
Add North Carolina's Little Brother too.  They received great reviews and accolades from everyone this year.

I'm sure the south is popular on the radio and the music video channels but I don't think the quality is better than the east is putting out.  But then again I don't really feel artists like Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz, Bone Crusher or 3-6 Mafia.

pappy

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 06:51:47 PM »
jus like to thank the south for providing us with that crappy ass get crunk music

Casper

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 07:43:50 PM »
Lil Flip
David Banner
Youngbloodz
Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz
Bone Crusher
Bigg Gipp
T.I.
Killer Mike
Baby
Big Tymers
3-6 Mafia
Ying Yang Twinz
JD
Timbaland
Jazze Pha

they suck they aint runnin shit... all they are running are that gay ass mainstream rap there lyrics are meant for shit...

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 08:02:19 PM »
Yeah, pretty much the best stuff out commercially right now that's getting play is south stuff.  

eS El Duque

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2003, 08:59:13 PM »
Well, I do agree that the South is running hiphop right now, but I dont like a lot of the music they're putting out...

I cant stand Lil Jon and Tha Eastiside Boyz, TI, Lil Flip, Ying Yang Twinz ect......I fucking hate all their songs.  I like Outkast, Goodie and Luda ect tho.

But other than Outkast and Luda, unless Im in the club, Im not listening to anything from the south.

BL7

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2003, 09:22:10 PM »

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2003, 09:55:11 PM »
i agree entirely...the south is runnin shit...and i love it...the only southern artist i really dont like is lil jon & the eastside boyz...the rest of them i've been extremely pleased with...still havent heard the new TI cd but his first cd is one of my favs...its not only rap either...its starting to run r&b...anthony hamilton is on the rise...

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2003, 10:40:57 PM »
Lil Flip
David Banner
Youngbloodz
Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz
Bone Crusher
Bigg Gipp
T.I.
Killer Mike
Baby
Big Tymers
3-6 Mafia
Ying Yang Twinz
JD
Timbaland
Jazze Pha

they suck they aint runnin shit... all they are running are that gay ass mainstream rap there lyrics are meant for shit...

::)  like it or not, the south IS RUNNING SHIT...and they puttin out some dope ass music...espically from youngbloodz, 3-6 mafia, killer mike, lil jon...

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 11:08:03 PM »
With all those wacc ass rappers listed I sure hope they don't run shit...