Author Topic: a muthafuckin genius...  (Read 176 times)

Don Breezio

a muthafuckin genius...
« on: October 05, 2003, 12:14:13 AM »
Micheal Moore...the man who did the movie "Bowling For Columbine"...i've come to the conclusion that this guy is a fucking genius...his views on the world are something that never gets welcomed in hollywood...thats one of the reasons i think hes a genius...the dude found a way to be heard...i've had the same types of views as he does but nobody listens to me on that shit...this man should seriously run for president...i would vote for him without another thought. i'm going to start reading his books very soon...starting w/ "Stupid White Men" and then probably "Dude! Where's My Country?"...anyone else feel this way? or feel this way about any other people?

Trauma-san

Re:a muthafuckin genius...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 12:23:45 AM »
Not really; his opinions are kind of juvenile, most people grow out of them in college.  I dunno what you mean by his views aren't accepted by Hollywood, their acceptance in Hollywood is why the movie was made.  Just look at the media, it accepts views like his all the time as fact.  

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 01:04:57 AM »
I'm with you Breezio...what Don probably meant by not accepted by Hollywood is when they boed him at one of the award ceremonies.

General Wesley Clark is Moore's choice for president.

I want Howard Dean and Clark to run together that would be great  ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 05:47:08 AM »
Word. I haven't seen Bowling... yet but I saw a few scenes. The one with the bank giving away guns was hilarious.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 07:04:42 PM »
ok this movie is fuckin amazing, all i have to say is this, Michael more has the same opinions a lot of people in america do, he is not presenting anything incredibly new, BUT, he does it in such a way, he present it so fuckin well, i dont know how a person can watch this movie and not be for gun control. movie is recomended for everyone, its so simple, yes so informative, and shmuck from the street can watch it and undrestand, he makes that NRA guy at the end feel so fuckin dumb, he outsmarts him so bad,

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 12:09:44 AM »
Not really; his opinions are kind of juvenile, most people grow out of them in college.  I dunno what you mean by his views aren't accepted by Hollywood, their acceptance in Hollywood is why the movie was made.  Just look at the media, it accepts views like his all the time as fact.  

why are they juvenile? just cuz he brings humor into the way he shows his views? i dont find the fact that he wants better gun control than being able to get a free gun in a bank juvenile. i dont find the fact that he feels that marilyn manson is not the one to blame for columbine juvenile...in fact i think his views are much more mature than 90% of the politicians out there. its not that the dude is smarter than anyone else...its that he has common sense and he uses that to his advantage. the man knows the difference between right and wrong and he exposes it. giving away a gun in a bank is wrong...well maybe more stupid than anything...a 6 year old child shooting another 6 year old child in school is wrong. blaming music for a teenager killing several of his peers is wrong. and these are all things that can be fixed. every single thing he said in the movie was right...the media does scare us into believing were in more danger than we're in. so was matt stone...the teachers spend 90% of the time trying to convince you that if you do shitty in school you will grow up and work at mcdonalds....thats total bullshit...look at fucking einstein! the dude didnt even graduate! if you really think his views are juvenile...i think you need to grow up a bit  ;)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 12:55:53 PM »
^^^ preach on, all the shit u said is exactly how i feel, he should deffinatly make more movies showing whats wrong with america, this movie made me want to move to canada.... but why do u think america has so much killing compared to every other counrty

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 01:20:14 PM »
^^^ preach on, all the shit u said is exactly how i feel, he should deffinatly make more movies showing whats wrong with america, this movie made me want to move to canada.... but why do u think america has so much killing compared to every other counrty

im still not sure on that...my only thought is (and i dont want to say it because i dont do drugs) but i think the fact that most of the other countries have legalized pot and such has had a big effect...other than that i think its just that we have more homicidal tendencies...our ancestors did and those character traits carried on.