Author Topic: how many kgs y'all bench?  (Read 467 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:how many kgs y'all bench?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2003, 12:13:07 PM »
^^ Well im a personal fitness trainer...i run a gym,

so really its my job to be fit...i train a lot of bodyguards n bouncers so i have to be able to keep up with them...or at least keep up enough to spot them safely.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »
lol, im starting to think that I have estimated by bench press limit wrong. I mean, im have a pretty muscular physique, but by the numbers i guessed compared to these it seems your all lifting 5 times what i thought i could!?! And Id be considered among the top "range" of fitness here. So i guess i predicted wrong or you guys are some huge fit bastards.

How about another one...how many press-ups can you do before taking a break (of the same technique),

Me, I could do about 50 reps before the shaking kicks in. I could do about 4 sets like that

thing is though sta, i dont train that much cuz i was naturally big u get me blood, i mean if u doin boxin u dont wanna be doin to heavy weights cuz u need to be real quik to ya getz me...........but yeah i can pick up heavy weights in the gym but i dont go alot............

speakin of press ups, i can do about 50 to and then im dead.......it aint my strong point at all......cuz its jus one of then tings, u gotta not be a lazy mofucker to do it...............

but when i say im naturally big, i aint sayin imma naturally fat muthafucker like some of these cats, i mean naturally big like in bulit and tall n shit............but i gotta homie who does boxin to and he gotta do enough press ups n sits up n joggin  n shit, even eatin bare eggs, sick shit

peace

peace

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2003, 09:17:08 AM »
^^^^

Yeah i know what ya mean. Some people are broader and shit and put on muscle and fat easier. Im about medium build but its virtually impossible for me to get fat. Even with the dumbells and press ups and shit its taken three years to get where im at in terms of muscles and shit. Your right, boxing and weightlifting concentrate on different things but Id still like to get to the point where I have the knock-out power to match speed and conditioning.

Maybe you have some tips optical? How would you go about increasing muscular strentgh and size using home equipment etc?? Or should I save up for a gym? I have the basic foundations and im sculpted and shit, just need to add the beef to it now.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2003, 10:26:58 AM »
I can bench 70 but I only do 50.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2003, 11:02:42 AM »
^^^^

Yeah i know what ya mean. Some people are broader and shit and put on muscle and fat easier. Im about medium build but its virtually impossible for me to get fat. Even with the dumbells and press ups and shit its taken three years to get where im at in terms of muscles and shit. Your right, boxing and weightlifting concentrate on different things but Id still like to get to the point where I have the knock-out power to match speed and conditioning.

Maybe you have some tips optical? How would you go about increasing muscular strentgh and size using home equipment etc?? Or should I save up for a gym? I have the basic foundations and im sculpted and shit, just need to add the beef to it now.

Of course...

..its the way you train that means good  progress not the equipment you train on...dont need all the flashy stuff just need to shock your body.
Mix it up a lil change the way you train... do pyramids, compunds sets, reverse pyramids, tri sets,

also change the focus...flat bench press , decline bench , incline bench all of these will work on a slightly different region of the chest...do flies its one i always reccommend...straight arm pullovers to open the ribcage...dont forget bar dips classic but well worth it perhaps for that finishing exhaustion exercise to really push your limitations...

...with weight training its simple ..you can go light / heavy dependant on how you train...you can start off heaviest then gradually go to lightest untill fatigue this is a brilliant variation on the norm...if you aint feeling it then you arent doing any good (wasting your time)
if you want to quickly build bulk then go heavy for something like 6-8 rep max in a set for 4 (ish) sets not including warm up sets (very important)...rip those muscles (in a good sense)

ie The Flat Bench Press. 2 Warm-up Sets. 4 Working Sets.
(20 repetitions of 10% of the maximum weight that can be lifted once (1rep max)
20 repetitions of 20% of 1rep max.)   <<---- Warm up sets
10 repetitions of 50% of 1 rep max.
8 repetitions of 70% of 1 rep max.
6-8 repetitions of 80% of 1 rep max.
3-4 repetitions of 90% of 1 rep max

You need to work out what your 1rm is to effectively build a good programme suited for you!

Dont forget resting time between each set you perform...try to keep to the same time and gradually reduce this over a period of a few weeks.

Also the exercise that will work compound muscle groups ie one arm row / front delt raises / pull downs using a v-grip on a lat machine

pZ

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2003, 03:21:46 PM »
Thanks for the advice man.

I think my best option at the moment is to invest some money in it. Firstly I have no bench, so I cant bench press and I feel that I'm missing out on a huge range of exercises. Secondly, the barbell i have only came with weights which amass to 26kgs and ya cant do much with that with regard to presses.

I understand what you mean by work out sessions where ya dont feel it. I find some days Im just working out for the sake of it and not putting the effort in. I also find that it's alot easier to work out with a mate. Anyway, Ill take your advice and see what i can do with what Ive got.

Thanks again man
ITW
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

PLANT

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 08:23:31 PM »
well I wiegh 110 and i lift 120 so i dont think thats bad and im talking about lbs not kgs...

;D and you got a 20 inch dick hahah

Stop the lies...
LMAO ! ;D

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2003, 11:46:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice man.

I think my best option at the moment is to invest some money in it. Firstly I have no bench, so I cant bench press and I feel that I'm missing out on a huge range of exercises. Secondly, the barbell i have only came with weights which amass to 26kgs and ya cant do much with that with regard to presses.

I understand what you mean by work out sessions where ya dont feel it. I find some days Im just working out for the sake of it and not putting the effort in. I also find that it's alot easier to work out with a mate. Anyway, Ill take your advice and see what i can do with what Ive got.

Thanks again man
ITW

WOman...

...and you misunderstood me then..read all i wrote...i can give you a prog with those weights that would test you...
...not just about the weight you use wut the degree n type of exercise you do!
you can get some class flies done with 2 x 13kg dumbbells its down to how you train...do bent over /reverse flies...much you can do with perseverance n imagination.

pZ

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2003, 02:43:19 PM »
^^^
yeah, im with you on that, ive been customising my own workouts like that for a while(though im running out of variations). But when i read through what you said you mentioned flat and inclined presses etc, and i just thought maybe itd be worth my while investing in one.
And when you mentioned that you do for instance 80% of max weight, i thought maybe i should get more weights. But anyway if you have any imaginative (or just effective) ways of working out with what ive got, drop them here.
By the way, what are pyramids, reverse pyramids and compounds?? And are press ups just as good as bench presses?

Again, thanks a million (wo)man ;)
ITW
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2003, 05:00:16 PM »
132 kgs max, or 290 lbs approx.  Also did 225 lbs for a set of 12 (which qualifies me in the combine for the nfl, lol).  If I could add to what optical was sayin, it's important to remember that bench is a chain excercise, meaning that your upper back (traps, rear delts, lats, rhomboids) need to be stronger to lower the weight effectively (many neglect this) as well as your chest, front delts, and triceps.  There are also many other components to being a good bencher, if that's what you are going for.  Check out www.t-mag.com for excellent info on weight training and powerlifting derived techniques.

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2003, 05:22:29 AM »
^^ Thought you might get in on this honey...

...show em a pic of your effort ;) lol

Yeah for sure working the surrounding muscle groups (lats, traps, delts etc have to be done as well)

also try muscle&fitness ... good mag available in uk and usa

theres alot of help you can get nowadays....just dont get bogged down in the stupidity ie performance enhancing substances, & exercises that will do more harm than good (ie cause injury / weakness in other areas - muscolo / skeletal...never do anything you dont know everything about !

pZ

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2003, 02:26:17 PM »
yeah theirs a personal trainer who goes he use to be a body builder and goes he can pick up 190 kgs........i couldnt beleive him cuz damn, 190 kgs, thats fuckin massive...........even tho he is to, but other cats in the gym be sayin he can do that cuz they seen him pick it p atleast.....

is that shit even possible?!?!

damn i feel i pick up nuff weights for how much i train anyways but the personal trainer be one big muthafucka