Author Topic: Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?  (Read 1828 times)

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?
« on: October 12, 2003, 02:57:02 PM »
This may be my personal opinion but i think in the list of best rappers it should be 1. 2pac 2. Eminem and 3. Notorious B.I.G, but most lists of greatest rappers have 1. 2pac, 2. Notorious B.I.G. and 3. Either Eminem or someone else.  

So I am wondering do you think Eminem could ever be considered a better rapper than Notorious B.I.G?

I think the reason Biggie is always listed #2 is because he died (no offense, RIP).  He's amazing, but I think its a joke when people think Biggie is better than Pac. I am not saying Biggie isn't an one of the best rappers ever, but I think 2pac, and even Eminem are on a much higher level than him and that it should become known that Biggie realyl isnt the second best rapper ever.  What do you all think?
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Doggystylin

Re:Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 03:00:38 PM »
deceased rappers will always have a advantage and an disadvantage, their advantage is, they get more love cuz their gone and people look into their shit more and appreciate it and they could have dropped a wack one if they were alive so they left wit a hot image

disadvantage is, they could have just gotten started. imagine eminem bein shot down after slim shady lp, look at all the hot shit we would have never gotten

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 04:12:19 PM »
well i rate biggie higher than pac just look at the way he cud tell a story in his raps

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 04:19:17 PM »
Eminem will never be on Big & Pac's level, and they're both overrated as fuck anyways. I love both their music but they are far from the best.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 05:24:31 PM »
imo eminem is already above biggy.....i mean look at dead wrong. one verse tore up a hungy biggie who had 2-3 verses.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 06:11:21 PM »
Eminem will never be on Big & Pac's level, and they're both overrated as fuck anyways. I love both their music but they are far from the best.

i have to agree, they are great, but i dunno if they are the best,theres rappers with better lyrics, better flows, better all around, but i think eminem eminem has a chance on his next album to either go to a higher level

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 06:33:13 PM »
I think Biggie is the all time GOAT, so imo, no, Eminem will never be above Biggie....But thats just me

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 09:36:49 PM »
Lyrically he already is...

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 09:42:39 PM »
haha
Nobody could tell a story like biggie,not pac not eminem...plus his style was so unique and original..his style shits on both pac and eminem

We Fly High

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 10:04:50 PM »
biggie flows li ke no other, fucking smooth as fuck.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2003, 10:42:43 PM »
will he ever be be above biggie? shit, he barely above vanilla ice, so therefore he ain't even in the same fucekn universe as BIG. 2pac and Biggie are two of the greatest of all time. RIP

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2003, 10:47:14 PM »
man there are 100 rappers better than pac and big...they are way overrated...i got love for both because their music is something that will never die...it was good quality music...before the time of 50 cent and nelly...but they are way overrated...eminem is higher than both in my opinion...his lyrics are much better...true he cant tell a story like biggie, he cant make real gangsta tracks like pac...but in his own way he is above both...he is also overrated as fuck though...its the underrated rappers that are the ones that imo are way above those 3.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2003, 11:16:12 PM »
imo eminem is already above biggy.....i mean look at dead wrong. one verse tore up a hungy biggie who had 2-3 verses.

LOL...^^^

Eminem will never be anything close to B.I.G...bottom line

Hatesrats 2oooTre

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 11:16:40 PM »
Eminem has lyrics above Big and Pac. That is all. Albums, flows, impact/influence (this does not mean sales, it means actually influencing the way the music is made), voice, content, etc. go to Big and Pac.

I would like to see the list of 100 rappers (I know it was an exageration) better than Pac, Big and Em when it comes to the total package not just lyrics because lyrics are not everything that makes an MC one of the greatest. I agree that these three are not untouchable but they are in the top rankings when it comes to the overall package. Plus it all depends on what you are looking for. Do you want a well balanced MC or an MC that is really nice in one area but really lacks in others?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 11:18:07 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 11:19:55 PM »
Eminem has lyrics above Big and Pac. That is all. Albums, flows, impact/influence (this does not mean sales, it means actually influencing the way the music is made), voice, content, etc. go to Big and Pac.

I would like to see the list of 100 rappers (I know it was an exageration) better than Pac, Big and Em when it comes to the total package not just lyrics because lyrics are not everything that makes an MC one of the greatest. I agree that these three are not untouchable but they are in the top rankings when it comes to the overall package. Plus it all depends on what you are looking for. Do you want a well balanced MC or an MC that is really nice in one area but really lacks in others?

as far as the mainstream goes there arent many better than them...but if you look past the albums you see in most stores and go to some shit that you will never hear on the radio its a whole other world...there are dozens of rappers better but they will never get recognized.