Author Topic: Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?  (Read 1825 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2003, 06:41:19 AM »
Eminem could b better than biggie coz he already shocked everone when he became the greatest white rapper of all time so i do't see why he couldn't b da greatest of all time if he try's hard enough, but he's still got some living compotition like Nas and his boy 50.

LOL.. this man's great white hope. Before thinking Eminem's better than Biggie, first this man has to be better than Ice Cube, Scarface, and a host of other people. His not even the greatest rapper in his era, that's Nas. I think that he is great, but don't get your hopes up.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2003, 01:54:56 PM »
will he ever be be above biggie? shit, he barely above vanilla ice, so therefore he ain't even in the same fucekn universe as BIG. 2pac and Biggie are two of the greatest of all time. RIP

eS El Duque

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2003, 02:04:52 PM »
IMPACT (Time & Still)

Fuck it here's my list....ImO

1.Ice Cube {wo/90% of today would not exist}
2.2Pac {No need to explain}
3.Rakim {The BLUEprint...)
4.Eazy-E {Smartest hip-hopper ever....}
*Ask Dash, Master P, Suge Knight ect...*
5.Notorious B.I.G. {Ressuerected NY with  :o}
6.Big Pun {Untouchable rhymes/flow & ability..}
*I'll put Pun toe 2 toe with any rapper dead or alive*
7.KRS-one {Best of the best in Battle/knowledge}
8.Big Daddy Kane {1st Lyrical/PIMP/Player u name it..}
9.Scarface {Brought the South to hip-hip}
*Very underestimated lyrical, Face bring's passion*
10.Too $hort {The 1st to do just about everything}
-----------------------
Hatesrats 2oooTre

i like your list

my list goes like this
...i'd put Em #1 nas #2 and pun #3..then it would go pac/biggie/cube/krs one/big daddy kane..and so on ;D

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2003, 02:32:54 PM »
I can't put Eminem in the top 10 yet, maybe the top 20 but Notorious B.I.G. is there for sure.  Eminem can move ahead of him for sure because he's capable of it.  He just has to make his Illmatic and keep putting out quality albums. That's how Nas moved up my list so much.  His albums are just so good and they display his skills and versatility so well.  He'll probably pass KRS-One by the end of next year.  

In terms of influence I think the top five are Rakim, Kane, Slick Rick, G Rap and Pac.

My Current Top Ten MCs Ever:

1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Nas
4. Big Daddy Kane
5. Notorious B.I.G.
6. Slick Rick
7. Kool G Rap
8. 2Pac
9. Scarface
10. Ice Cube

Don Breezio

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2003, 02:48:16 PM »
holy hell...like 90% of the shit said in this thread had something to do w/ eminem being white (which has absolutely nothing to do with his skills) or has been about how they dont like him cuz he raps about how much he hates pop stars...hey...did you ever notice that the last time he rapped about a pop star was on "the marshall mathers lp" back in like 99...i was in 9th grade the last time he made a new song about a pop star and im in college now.

seriously...that mf has matured in his raps more than any other artist i have ever seen...he went from rapping about his mom (using jokes and whatnot) and rapping about pop stars to having real lyrics and having some of the most emotional music i've ever heard...there were traces of that starting back on the mm lp with "the way i am" & "stan"...then he dropped the eminem show which in my opinion is one of the greatest albums of the last 10 years.

everyone plays him out to be this poppy little white guy who raps about vicaden and homosexuality but he's not...he has implyed many times that he isnt eminem...he's marshall mathers...eminem is how he started out and he's tired of that...but he's not gonna quit doing eminem because he wants money...yes i think thats a bitch move because if i didnt like that image i'd quit (especially if i was a multimillionaire)

but seriously...his skills have nothing to do w/ the fact that he's white, you cant say you dont like him cuz you cant relate to his subject matter cuz you cant relate to 90% of the other rappers either...eminem is no different than any of the others...people make him out to be though.

SGV

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2003, 06:45:03 PM »
holy hell...like 90% of the shit said in this thread had something to do w/ eminem being white (which has absolutely nothing to do with his skills)
If Eminem was black, he'd be another Ras Kass.

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2003, 02:22:35 AM »
i think eminem is lyrically better than biggie.. but in terms of flow.. i think biggie takes the cake!!

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

jerrod1416

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2003, 08:12:13 PM »
as already stated this is a pointless debate. Everyone has different opinions. For one we all know when a popular rapper dies, everyone starts talking about how he was the best. If 50 cent were to get shot and die people would be quick to say he's the best just like with big and pac. I am sorry but it is quite pathetic that people are willing to say em is the best rapper of all time and he hasn't even been in the rap game as long as some of the other greats. Like Rakim, Nas, and Jay Z. Yea he has some pretty good songs but sometimes i stilll see him as just a pop artist not a rapper.

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2003, 02:12:58 PM »
uhhhh.. slim shady lp.. most of the songs are stories..

i think eminem is on a whole nutha level than big and pac.. pac and big have no clue what it means to be lyrikal.. anyone can throw 1 syllable rhymin words together to make a story and if they got the voice well then hey.. they got somethin goin on.. but em takes it to another level.. if any of you actually wrote songs.. you would know what multi's are, multis is what makes em better, every syllable rhymes with his shit.. every word is thought out and contemplated, big and pac just sorta freestyle and put it on paper..

Dead Wrong is a classic comparison to em and biggie.. fuk it
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Casper

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2003, 02:42:53 PM »
well i rate biggie higher than pac just look at the way he cud tell a story in his raps

SGV

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2003, 03:08:06 PM »
uhhhh.. slim shady lp.. most of the songs are stories..

i think eminem is on a whole nutha level than big and pac.. pac and big have no clue what it means to be lyrikal.. anyone can throw 1 syllable rhymin words together to make a story and if they got the voice well then hey.. they got somethin goin on.. but em takes it to another level.. if any of you actually wrote songs.. you would know what multi's are, multis is what makes em better, every syllable rhymes with his shit.. every word is thought out and contemplated, big and pac just sorta freestyle and put it on paper..

Dead Wrong is a classic comparison to em and biggie.. fuk it
Juelz Santana uses multi's, I guess that makes him better than Pac and Big, too.

::)

Multi's are so damn overrated man. I'm not a fan or Pac, Big or Em, but just becuase you use 1 sylable rhyming, that doesn't mean you're weak lyrically. If you got something to say in your rhymes, that holds more weight than a rhyme scheme. Pac, though I can't stand him, had a lot to say. Em has very little to say.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2003, 03:36:28 PM »
Big Pun > Eminem when it comes to multis. Do y'all consider him better?

"Dead Wrong"? Yes Eminem outshined Biggie on one song.

Busta Rhymes murdered Q-Tip and Phife Dawg on "Scenario" but we all know who is nicer on the mic and who has contributed more to hip hop and who have arguably the best albums of all time, hint: it ain't Busta.

I don't think one song can justify whos better and who's not.

SGV

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2003, 04:02:31 PM »
"Dead Wrong"? Yes Eminem outshined Biggie on one song.

What's funny is that Em gets credit for "outshining" Biggie on a song that was recorded at least 2 years before Em dropped his vocals. LMAO. That doesn't count. I swear man.

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2003, 08:01:50 PM »
k lets get this straight.

Storytelling - Biggie
Rhymescheme - Eminem
Battle MC - Eminem
Influential - Biggie
Catalogue - Biggie
Flow - Biggie
Punchlines - Eminem
Metaphors - Eminem

That's 4-4, i'm pretty sure those are set in stone, but every person will differ in categorizing the weight of each attribute, which will coalesce into perpetual juxtaposition.

^wtf that come from.

I kinda agree with SGV, multis aren't everything, there are rappers who are lyrical, and dont use multies (monch/canabis/krs), but they're few. If you look at most emcees that are labeled as being lyrical, they usually use multies.

VDK REPPIN!