Author Topic: The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...  (Read 596 times)

SGV

Re:The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2003, 10:22:49 PM »
I aint saying no one in the South can kick, but a lot of them spit Cat In The Hat rhymeschemes, and I'm just not into it.
So why give Snoop props? He hardly spits multis. But, you know what? Even the shittiest rappers bust multis. Look at Juelz Santana. I think that's a fucked up way to look at rhyming. Just because it's simple, doesn't mean it's wack. Flip was spitting some deep shit there.

smerlus

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2003, 04:12:20 PM »
i commend the way you confronted my opinion by giving me two verses to read but still niether of them appealed to me....

the first verse while being the lyrical better of the two, really wasn't anything i could relate to seeing as none of my close friends are demons....and the second one, told a nice little story, but i think i saw those words somewhere......ah yes, it was in a halmark card.........

sorry, i still prefer ras kass, crooked i, jayo felony, WC, DJ Quik and all those others

SGV

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2003, 09:47:40 AM »
i commend the way you confronted my opinion by giving me two verses to read but still niether of them appealed to me....

the first verse while being the lyrical better of the two, really wasn't anything i could relate to seeing as none of my close friends are demons....and the second one, told a nice little story, but i think i saw those words somewhere......ah yes, it was in a halmark card.........

sorry, i still prefer ras kass, crooked i, jayo felony, WC, DJ Quik and all those others
Two things.

1. You say you can't relate to Infamous, so I guess you relate to Jayo, W.C. & Quik? You're a gangsta? Your friends are? If not, then I guess you don't relate, and you shouldn't like them either.

2. You're calling Lil Flip simple, but last time I checked, Jayo, Dub and Quik rarely use metaphors, wordplay etc. So, what's the difference?

This is all a matter of preference. You don't like South shit, coo, but don't knock it. 99% of the people who doubt the South, only know what's on BET, MTV and the radio.

"I'm Lil Flipper, and I'm a top ten sella/everybody slowin' down cuz my drop benz yella"

There's a multi-syllable rhyme for you.

"We make em sallow the nut/so follow the trucks/Lil Flip and David Banner we got all of the sluts..."

Another.

Hell, you want multi-sylable rhymes from Flip? Listen to "Screwed Up" on the new Luda album.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2003, 09:58:48 AM »

"Still" got that region Locke'd

<-------------

ImO
Hatesrats 2oooTre
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 10:17:10 AM by Hatesrats »

Nightfall

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2003, 10:09:28 AM »
Cunnin' Lynguists also dropped a dope album.

cunninlynguists, yea, they released some real shit^ its not like other southern rappers tho, its more like underground alternative rap

smerlus

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2003, 03:16:06 PM »
Two things.

1. You say you can't relate to Infamous, so I guess you relate to Jayo, W.C. & Quik? You're a gangsta? Your friends are? If not, then I guess you don't relate, and you shouldn't like them either.

2. You're calling Lil Flip simple, but last time I checked, Jayo, Dub and Quik rarely use metaphors, wordplay etc. So, what's the difference?

This is all a matter of preference. You don't like South shit, coo, but don't knock it. 99% of the people who doubt the South, only know what's on BET, MTV and the radio.

"I'm Lil Flipper, and I'm a top ten sella/everybody slowin' down cuz my drop benz yella"

There's a multi-syllable rhyme for you.

"We make em sallow the nut/so follow the trucks/Lil Flip and David Banner we got all of the sluts..."

Another.

Hell, you want multi-sylable rhymes from Flip? Listen to "Screwed Up" on the new Luda album.

you're right, i can't relate to jayo felony, WC or dj quik because all they rap about is gangsta shit.....

"plays Better Days, whatcha gonna do and something for the mood" yeah now i'm banging that gangsta shit....

like i said sorry but they just don't interest me at all scarface and outkast are the only ones i respect out of the south