Author Topic: US General Makes Controverial Remarks About Islam  (Read 178 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
US General Makes Controverial Remarks About Islam
« on: October 16, 2003, 04:40:22 PM »
LOL.......this is my kind of general.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/980764.asp?0cv=CB10

Top terrorist hunter’s divisive views

By Lisa Myers and the NBC Investigative Unit
NBC NEWS
Oct. 15 —  A highly decorated general who is one of the leaders of a secretive new Pentagon unit formed to coordinate intelligence on terrorists and help hunt down Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and other high-profile targets has a history of outspoken and divisive views on religion — Islam in particular, NBC News has learned.
 HE’S A HIGHLY decorated officer, twice wounded in combat — a warrior’s warrior.
       The former commander of Army Special Forces, Lt. Gen. William “Jerry” Boykin has led or been part of almost every recent U.S. military operation, from the ill-fated attempt to rescue hostages in Iran to Grenada, Panama, Colombia, Somalia.
       This summer, Boykin was promoted to deputy undersecretary of defense, with a new mission for which many say he is uniquely qualified: to aggressively combine intelligence with special operations and hunt down so-called high-value terrorist targets including bin Laden and Saddam.
       But that new assignment may be complicated by controversial views Boykin — an evangelical Christian — has expressed in dozens of speeches at churches and prayer breakfasts around the country. In a half-dozen video and audiotapes obtained by NBC News, Boykin says America’s true enemy is not bin Laden.
       In June 2003, Boykin spoke to a church group over a slide show:  
       “Well, is he [bin Laden] the enemy? Next slide. Or is this man [Saddam] the enemy? The enemy is none of these people I have showed you here. The enemy is a spiritual enemy. He’s called the principality of darkness. The enemy is a guy called Satan.”
       Why are terrorists out to destroy the United States? Boykin said: “They’re after us because we’re a Christian nation.”
       NBC News military analyst Bill Arkin, who’s been investigating Boykin for the Los Angeles Times, says the general casts the war on terror as a religious war: “I think that it is not only at odds with what the president believes, but it is a dangerous, extreme and pernicious view that really has no place.”
       During a January church speech in Daytona, Fla., Boykin recalled a Muslim fighter in Somalia who bragged on television the Americans would never get him because his God, Allah, would protect him: “Well, you know what I knew, that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol.”  
         The Somali was captured, and Boykin said he told the man: “Mr. Atto, you underestimated our God.”
       In a phone conversation, Boykin tells NBC he respects Muslims and believes the radicals who attack America are “not true followers of Islam.”
       Boykin also routinely tells audiences that God, not the voters, chose President Bush: “Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he’s in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this.”
       Boykin tells NBC News that, given his new assignment, he is curtailing such speeches in the future. He says, “I don’t want … to be misconstrued. I don’t want to come across as a right-wing radical.”

Lisa Myers is NBC News’ senior investigative correspondent.

Trauma-san

Re:US General Makes Controverial Remarks About Islam
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 05:51:05 PM »
I agree 100% with everything this guy says.  Ther'es nothing wrong with that. Of course they hate us because we're christian.  They're muslim radicals.  He's not talking about all the muslims, just the radical ones who blow up buildings.  What the fuck is news about that?  Our God IS bigger than a radical's made up god.  No god tells you to blow up innocent people.  That's a fake god if I've ever heard of one.  We need more hard-asses like this who will take it to them heavy when they're trying to kill our children and wives, fuck them.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 05:54:18 PM »
Where did people get the twisted misconception that Allah teaches Muslims to blow up buildings? Shit, I could say that Christians are taught to blow up buildings (Timothy McViegh) or that Catholic Priests are taught to molest young boys. There is no truth in stereotypes.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 10:13:12 PM »
1. The guy being ignorant shows why he'd be your "kinda guy". I hope he realizes the Christian and Muslim god is the same god, and thet Allah simply means god in arabic.

2. Buddy Holly, I hope you realize that we entered their territory and got involved in their shit decades ago, before any terrorist acts were carried out by them. We manipulated their governments, and were responsible for many deaths for the simple financial benefit of oil. Just like the famous quote says "Oil is too damn important of a commodity to be in the hands of the Arabs". That's the one-line explanation for all the chaos that's going on today.

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 12:58:40 AM »
Buddy Holly stop posting :P

Lt. Gen. William Jerry Boykin is probably a high school dropout. Why doesn't he put on a fucking cape and save the world.

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 03:02:57 AM »
2. Buddy Holly, I hope you realize that we entered their territory and got involved in their shit decades ago, before any terrorist acts were carried out by them. We manipulated their governments, and were responsible for many deaths for the simple financial benefit of oil. Just like the famous quote says "Oil is too damn important of a commodity to be in the hands of the Arabs". That's the one-line explanation for all the chaos that's going on today.

so? america benefitted from their oil, they benefitted from america's support

JTSimon

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 07:38:27 AM »

It about control the region and taking those resources away from EU  ;D

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 03:03:58 PM »

You fuckin idiot... there's a lot of history behind this shit.... who do you think provided assistance in Saddam's coup? The U.S. We set up a dictator in a country, because we thought that would enableus to get some oil money... but as soon as our hopes were proven wrong, we wanted to remove Saddam...
We had no right to get involved in their governments and manipulate them decades ago... we got involved in their shit... oh yeah I'm sure Iaq benefitted from america's support...

we give them a dictator who kills his own people... yet we don't care until he stops givin us oil...
then we bomb the shit out of the country killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians... and now we say "look we got rid of your corrupt leader and we'll help u build your country.. and all you have to do is give us your oil"

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 07:42:48 PM »

You fuckin idiot... there's a lot of history behind this shit.... who do you think provided assistance in Saddam's coup? The U.S. We set up a dictator in a country, because we thought that would enableus to get some oil money... but as soon as our hopes were proven wrong, we wanted to remove Saddam...
We had no right to get involved in their governments and manipulate them decades ago... we got involved in their shit... oh yeah I'm sure Iaq benefitted from america's support...

we give them a dictator who kills his own people... yet we don't care until he stops givin us oil...
then we bomb the shit out of the country killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians... and now we say "look we got rid of your corrupt leader and we'll help u build your country.. and all you have to do is give us your oil"

You've got such a weak grasp on history it's amazing. Last time I checked we bombed the shit out of saddam becauese he invaded Kuwait. Perhpas if I lived in your x-files dreamworld I might be able to understand where the fuck you are coming from, but having both feet in the real world, I'm amazed at the shit you come up with.

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 05:18:41 AM »

::)

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 11:38:28 AM »
LOL.... didn't we want Saddam to invade Kuwait? We publicly stated that we weren't backing Kuwait in case he invaded. Yet, veterans of the war have stated that they had been "training for an Iraq-like war" and were told there was a good chance they would be fighting Iraq. So why did we tell Iraq we weren't going to get involved if it invaded, but then we were there right away. In addition, the U.S. then lied to the Saudis about Iraq setting up troops along the Saudi border. Satellite photos have shown otherwise. Plus, we lied about the number of troops that were actually in Kuwait. Our own soldiers said that the mosquitos put up a better fight then the Iraqi troops because there so few of them.
In the past our government stated that "OIL IS TOO IMPORTANT A COMMODITY TO BE IN THE HANDS OF THE ARABS".  That is a good enough explanation of our actions in the Middle East the last few decades.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 09:15:05 PM »
I makes this simple.

1. This man is a moron.

2. This man isnt the only one in the Pentagon with these views.

3. Anyone who believes that America is being targeted solely because it is a christain nation is very ignorant.

4. Anyone who believes Bush Sr's sole intent in the Gulf War was the liberation of Kuwait needs to do some more reading re: Gulf War.

Thank You.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2003, 03:57:26 PM »
I makes this simple.

1. This man is a moron.

How is he a moron?

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:32 PM »