Author Topic: so much promotion for ipod in music videos.  (Read 158 times)

We Fly High

so much promotion for ipod in music videos.
« on: October 19, 2003, 02:05:39 AM »
there are so many blatant commercials of iPod in hip hop music videos (im not sure if other genres have them in their videos), but just within hip hop, you can clearly see ipods in obie trice's got teeth video, 50's pimp video, mary j blige and meth - love at first sight, and pdiddy,lennykravitz, and pharells new video. apple must be shellin out so much money for this promotion.

JTSimon

Re:so much promotion for ipod in music videos.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 02:18:37 AM »
I'll make sure I don't get one  ;)

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 02:25:17 AM »
i dont even think that shit works...the obvious shit is so gay...remember the first Fast & Furious movie...that movie had more commercials in that 2 hours than MTV does in a fucking day!...the corniest line i have ever heard:

"you can have any brew you want...as long as its a corona"

wha...what...what the fuck did i just hear?? what kinda bullshit commercial was that...that entire movie was like one big commercial it was rediculous...and now rappers are getting into it with their music vidz and shit...showbiz is too commercialized (wow thats like the most obvious thing i've ever said)

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 02:29:53 AM »

"you can have any brew you want...as long as its a corona"

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. Damn I needed a laugh. That line was indeed horrible.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 12:39:26 PM »
that reminds me, i need to buy some beer

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 01:00:35 PM »
there are so many blatant commercials of iPod in hip hop music videos (im not sure if other genres have them in their videos), but just within hip hop, you can clearly see ipods in obie trice's got teeth video, 50's pimp video, mary j blige and meth - love at first sight, and pdiddy,lennykravitz, and pharells new video. apple must be shellin out so much money for this promotion.
i think its just like a fad with like lowriders and hummers and so forth i dont care if you hate apple or not there is no one that cant admit that iPods are fuckin big in the industry so i think its just the new thing to have in the videos and shit i wouldnt doubt that the rappers just put them on there....but who knows....apple made a great product and everyone is recognizing it ipod is the best selling mp3 player on the market and will be for a long time i think

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 03:30:09 PM »
i highly doubt that the rappers put them on there out of their own decision and liking of the product like "the new things to have in their videos". that just isnt an item that a rapper.musician would be so proud of or like so much, that all of them would have it in their videos, the thing just fucking plays music. like why would they ever want to show a ipod in their video for?(its definitely not something hard to obtain, or does not mean any status whatsoever, and does not have any sentimental value) and so many of the views of the ipods are like direct close ups.

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 04:07:59 PM »
funny thing...music artists bitch about people downloading music...then they advertise MP3 Players...seems a bit fucked up to me

Jome

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 06:46:02 PM »
i think its just like a fad with like lowriders and hummers and so forth i dont care if you hate apple or not there is no one that cant admit that iPods are fuckin big in the industry so i think its just the new thing to have in the videos and shit i wouldnt doubt that the rappers just put them on there....but who knows....apple made a great product and everyone is recognizing it ipod is the best selling mp3 player on the market and will be for a long time i think

Naww, it's not a co-incidence.
Apple obviously paid a whole lot of dineros for this promotion, wether the artists like the product or not, or may even heard of it for that sake.

Besides, wasn't Creative out with their Nomade Jukebox before Apple did Ipod.. ?
I think they were.. Apple just took the idea and made their own more userfriendly version of it, and suddenly it blew up..

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 02:26:29 AM »

Naww, it's not a co-incidence.
Apple obviously paid a whole lot of dineros for this promotion, wether the artists like the product or not, or may even heard of it for that sake.

Besides, wasn't Creative out with their Nomade Jukebox before Apple did Ipod.. ?
I think they were.. Apple just took the idea and made their own more userfriendly version of it, and suddenly it blew up..

there was tons of mp3 players out already when apple came out with them but what happen is that apples was really user friendly like you said, had firewire which made it so much faster transfers and it held so many songs in such a small device with no flash cards or anything smaller than most players and the ones that were smaller required memory cards and didnt hold nearly as much space not even close while the bigger mp3 players were much bigger but held just about the same so apple gave us small size yet big space all in one user friendly way of using it just made there own shit and made it great.....to the point that til this day there isnt a better mp3 player on the market available