Author Topic: The word "Cracker"  (Read 586 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
The word "Cracker"
« on: October 19, 2003, 03:37:39 PM »
Are you offended by this word? In my opinion, the word "cracker" does not refer to White people as a whole, mainly the ones who are ignorant/racist/prejudice. I notice that people dislike artists like dead prez for saying the word & wondered why. I know several Whites who I would openly call Cracker because they always use racial slurs & judge people by race & color. However, I doubt that any White person on this forum is a "cracker" because they all have some sort of respect for Black culture (hip-hop) which is why we're here.
Drop your thoughts here
Peace

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:The word "Cracker"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 03:44:49 PM »
Are you offended by this word? In my opinion, the word "cracker" does not refer to White people as a whole, mainly the ones who are ignorant/racist/prejudice. I notice that people dislike artists like dead prez for saying the word & wondered why. I know several Whites who I would openly call Cracker because they always use racial slurs & judge people by race & color. However, I doubt that any White person on this forum is a "cracker" because they all have some sort of respect for Black culture (hip-hop) which is why we're here.
Drop your thoughts here
Peace

im pretty sure theres a COUPLE who u could associate with that word, on this forum lol.  Im only half white so the shit doesnt offend me lol. Never had anyone call me a "cracker" tho, "half cracker" lol...so who knowz. I git called "Nigga" by more black folkz...then any otha word anywayz, kinda funny...lol

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 03:48:25 PM »
Drop your thoughts here
Peace

im pretty sure theres a COUPLE who u could associate with that word, on this forum lol.  Im only half white so the shit doesnt offend me lol. Never had anyone call me a "cracker" tho, "half cracker" lol...so who knowz. I git called "Nigga" by more black folkz...then any otha word anywayz, kinda funny...lol

I can't think of anyone on this forum I could call a Cracker (Except that Nazi guy but he doesn't post here anymore). Oh yeah, lol @ half-cracker. That's pretty funny (no offense just sounds funny).

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 04:12:25 PM »
I'm not sure what AG is but i would call him a cracker if he's white...as far as being offended by this word...no im not lol...i agree...its those of us that are ignorant/racist/prejudice that should be called that...just like i would say if a black dude is racist against white people hes a nigger (you can ban me for that if you want but its no different from saying ignorant white people are crackers), i would say if a chinese person is racist they are a gook, a racist mexican is a spick...if someone is racist they should be called shit like that so they can see how it feels...for those who arent racist or prejudice...we're all just people...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 04:14:21 PM »
I'm not sure what AG is but i would call him a cracker if he's white...as far as being offended by this word...no im not lol...i agree...its those of us that are ignorant/racist/prejudice that should be called that...just like i would say if a black dude is racist against white people hes a nigger (you can ban me for that if you want but its no different from saying ignorant white people are crackers), i would say if a chinese person is racist they are a gook, a racist mexican is a spick...if someone is racist they should be called shit like that so they can see how it feels...for those who arent racist or prejudice...we're all just people...

i thought AG was mexican?

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 04:18:10 PM »

i thought AG was mexican?

i dont know what he is...whatever he is he's the racist word for it

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 04:21:35 PM »
Drop your thoughts here
Peace

I can't think of anyone on this forum I could call a Cracker

CWalker? Trauma? I dunno...maybe not... :-\

pappy

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 04:36:34 PM »
jus curious how come when the word cracker is used on this forum no1 makes a big deal.  or when tech called cwalked a pollock no1 made a big deal.  but when i called ibo a nigger an in my  mind with good reason i was a racist for it the next grand wizard of the kkk.  i wasnt refering to all blacks just ibo b/c that is what he is in my  opinion

Casper

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 05:15:19 PM »
im mexican dumbass... and i use the word cracker everday... becuase i make chicken noodle soup and i like to scoop some of the noodles and chicken with crackers  8)

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 05:27:02 PM »
im mexican dumbass... and i use the word cracker everday... becuase i make chicken noodle soup and i like to scoop some of the noodles and chicken with crackers  8)

rofl...thats the only way to make it too

pappy

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 05:52:05 PM »
i would like an answer to my question tho.  when damon x genralized all whites as crackers it was no biggie.  i call one black a nigger b/c he is one an im made out to be hitlers grandson

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 05:55:39 PM »
i would like an answer to my question tho.  when damon x genralized all whites as crackers it was no biggie.  i call one black a nigger b/c he is one an im made out to be hitlers grandson

I agree with that. Making general comments about Whites is wrong. As Martin Luther King pointed out, Black supremacy is just as bad as White supremacy. However, you calling one Black "nigger b/c he is one" is also a terrible statement. That word means Black Object & was used to define slaves. Are you saying the guy you called that is a Black object or slave?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 05:56:01 PM by Lincoln »

Paris

pappy

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 05:58:48 PM »

I agree with that. Making general comments about Whites is wrong. As Martin Luther King pointed out, Black supremacy is just as bad as White supremacy. However, you calling one Black "nigger b/c he is one" is also a terrible statement. That word means Black Object & was used to define slaves. Are you saying the guy you called that is a Black object or slave?

that is not what nigger means.  to some people maybe but that aint the meaning.  an you know what if he wants to talk shit about my mother an new york than i would call him it again.  an what happens if i was black an called him a nigger

Casper

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2003, 06:47:20 PM »
i call one black a nigger b/c he is one an im made out to be hitlers grandson

>:( everyone can agree that Sub Z is hitlers grandson!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2003, 06:47:26 PM »
For those that don't know, Cracker is basically the anti-nigger. Nigger coming from negro, which is spanish for black object (like pointed out earlier in the thread). The Spanish where the main slave importers to the Americas, so they got to pick out the nice words to call the slaves. Then when slaves where in the United States, they basically where tricked into thinking their masters where great people. Some knew better, but if you read what mainy of them said, they felt that their masters where very fair, and treated them well. But the masters role was to play good cop, it was the Overseer (sorry 'seer, just U.S. history) that was the bad cop. The overseer would whip the slave, and forced them to work. Slaves hated the overseer, or as they call them Cracker. He was the Cracker, because he cracked the whip. Also, the saying "What's Crackin'?" also comes from slaves asking each other "what's crackin'?" in terms of who was the latest slave to get punished. But to be called a cracker in insulting, because overseers where usually the lowest forms of white people, even to other white people. They were usually uneducated, drunkards, who where called to keep slaves in line. They often worked besides the slaves, to make sure they would keep up their work, and they never had a steady home because they could not stay at a home too long because in order to whip slaves easier, you can't get to know them, so when a overseer got to know the slaves, they had to be fired. Overseers where looked down apon by whites, because they wheren't gentlemen, they where drunkards, and they where dirty people. Funny how mainy thinks from the slavery days is relevent today. So when a black person says cracker, they mean it in a get back way, as in that all white people are overseers and are waiting to whip the black person. Personally, I'm Latino, so I stay out that shit. But many things from slavery are still today. And inorder to forget about slavery, we have to get rid of everything that has to deal with it. Those old rich plantation owners in the south gain their riches from rich slave holding grandfathers all the segration in the south is a direct effect from when whites wanted to control blacks after they were freed, and the culture of black fathers leaving their families because slave men never learned to be fathers because they were always sold to another owner when they started a family, the common perception that blacks depend on welfare comes from whites thinking that blacks needed whites to live because white owners feed black slaves, police officers that feel they have to act like modern day overseers in black communities. All of these things, and more are direct from slavery, and slavery will never be forgotten, until the wrongs were correct. Until then, let the cracker and nigger calling continue, and I'll stand on the side and try not to get called wetback, beaner and spic.