Author Topic: Trauma Posts the Good News nobody else wants to mention  (Read 154 times)

Trauma-san

Trauma Posts the Good News nobody else wants to mention
« on: October 20, 2003, 08:57:51 PM »
HEY!  Remember last week, when the president's approval ratings dipped down to 50% on some polls?  Well, everybody and their brother reported it.  It seems today, only BAD news is good news.  Why report that half of America doesn't like it's president? What good does that do?  None; it's just the media wants to portray ONLY bad things.  That's why you hear about murders and rapes on the news, and never hear about churches mosques or temples.  

Anyways, the media was quick to report that his numbers dropped, but they forgot to report that the numbers always drop for a 3rd year presidency, and that the numbers have since went back up to the levels before the drop.  I dunno why that isn't news; you'd think it would be interesting to know that most of America agrees with their president and is happy with the job he's doing.

Next; nobody has reported hardly ANYTHING about the great things that are happening in Iraq today.  Lots of bad things are happening there, and I'm sure that's all newsworthy, but wouldn't it be fair to report some of the good things that are also happening?  Why isn't this being reported?  For instance; a troop recently wrote a letter to a local North Carolina church, saying that the school children in Iraq where he was stationed were all back in school, but didn't have enough desks; so the church let out the word, they collected thousands of dollars, and bought all of the children schooldesks, chairs & other furniture items for their newly rebuilt school.  

We hear alot about all the power that's out in Iraq; how many cities have half-power, or they don't have any electricity at all.  What we don't hear, strangely; is that in Kosovo, which was our former presidents little 'pet' war (I guess), they have even more power outages than what's going on in Iraq.

In Iraq, we also don't hear that power levels right now, are higher than at pre-war conditions, we also don't hear that the entire Iraqi power grid is being rebuilt, since Saddam never had a decent one built in the first place, the entire infrastructure is being created.  I wonder why we don't hear about that?  It's just weird to me.  

I'm tired of fucking pessimists.  The sun is shining, we're alive, it's a fucking GREAT day.  People never see the good things, all they see is bad things, why is that? I've been through tons of bad things in my life and I forget them as soon as they're gone.  I can't understand why other people are so fucking negative.

Trauma-san

Re:Trauma Posts the Good News nobody else wants to mention
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 08:59:20 PM »
More good news: The economy in the U.S. is on the rebound, sales for september were way above expectations, and every economic indicator is showing signs of significant growth.  How come nobody reported this?  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 09:06:47 PM »

We hear alot about all the power that's out in Iraq; how many cities have half-power, or they don't have any electricity at all.  What we don't hear, strangely; is that in Kosovo, which was our former presidents little 'pet' war (I guess), they have even more power outages than what's going on in Iraq.

You were just explaining how you want to hear more good news, so why would you want them to report what's going on in Kosovo? Quite contradicting. Plus, we fucked up both countries, so to you it makes it better to say that "hey at least we're helping one of the countries we fucked up out a little". Fuckin neo-conservatives

In Iraq, we also don't hear that power levels right now, are higher than at pre-war conditions, we also don't hear that the entire Iraqi power grid is being rebuilt, since Saddam never had a decent one built in the first place, the entire infrastructure is being created.  I wonder why we don't hear about that?  It's just weird to me.  

Higher than at pre-war conditions? Who fucked that up? The money-hungry U.S. We fucked everything up, so now we have to fix it. Iraq was fine before we gave them corrupt leaders, and bombed the shit out of them after realizing that those leaders weren't gonna hook us up with oil.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 09:09:28 PM »
More good news: The economy in the U.S. is on the rebound, sales for september were way above expectations, and every economic indicator is showing signs of significant growth.  How come nobody reported this?  

Cuz it's the same thing as saying "yay this month only 1000 people died instead of the 1005 that usually die"... not really good news.... Bush can never bring the economy back to where Clinton left it, which he had worked so hard for...

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 09:10:28 PM »
^^ Watch him :)