Author Topic: Rich People in America pay by FAR the most taxes  (Read 180 times)

Trauma-san

Rich People in America pay by FAR the most taxes
« on: October 20, 2003, 09:31:15 PM »
I wanna put a silver bullet in a myth: the myth goes that Republicans are out to cut taxes on rich people while the poor people suffer and have to pay too much taxes.  

Do you realize, that in America, ONLY the rich (for the most part) pay taxes?  The top 50% of wage earners in america pay 96.03 percent of the taxes.  Think about that.

Those of us (Me!, You!) in the bottom 50% of wage earners, HALF THE COUNTRY! Pay 3.97 percent of the TOTAL amount of taxes paid in the country!.

The next time you hear that Republicans are giving tax cuts to the rich, etc. etc. Think about that.  THE POOR CANT GET TAX CUTS BECAUSE WE DONT PAY TAXES!  I personally do not pay any taxes at all.  I'm sure people in my situation or worse don't either.  Why do we want to vote people into office (Democrats!) who want to change that? It doesn't make any sense.  

When a republican (George Bush) offers a tax cut, across the board, to the poor, to the rich, to everyone; how is that bad?  It's a graduated tax cut, just like we have a graduated tax scale.

ANYBODY, make sense out of the statements Democrats make regarding 'tax cuts for the rich!!!'.  They're the ONLY ONES PAYING TAXES! They HAVE to get the tax cuts, lol.  If there is to be a tax cut, it will be for the rich by definition, because only the rich pay taxes! 96% PERCENT of the taxes paid in America are paid by the top 50% of wage earners.  

Even more incredulous is that the top 1% of wage earners in america, the top 1% pay a fucking THIRD of our taxes.  If anybody gets a tax cut, it's them, and it should be, that's rediculous.  

If you don't believe these incredible numbers that prove that the Rich are the only ones paying taxes, then just check the IRS's official site for the documents.

http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/pub/irs-soi/01in01ts.xls

UnstoppableForce

Re:Rich People in America pay by FAR the most taxes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 10:19:51 PM »
Yes, but do you also realize that the top 2% controls 90% of the wealth?

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 10:31:02 PM »
Were talking about taxes here.

That would be like if I said: Apples are better for you than oranges. Here are the facts.

Then you came back with: Well Apples are sour.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 10:32:16 PM »
lol@ republicans trying to erase a "myth"...or...truth, when it hurts them...but will emphasize a "myth" against other political parties...if it helps them. Im pretty sure Buddy Holly here...believes most myths about democrats. And if he deny's it....its only for arguments sake.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 10:37:40 PM »
Were talking about taxes here.

That would be like if I said: Apples are better for you than oranges. Here are the facts.

Then you came back with: Well Apples are sour.

Ok, once again for the moron I have to explain everything because he can't make the connections himself. Wealth is acquired through some source of income (salary, investments), and there are taxes paid on this money they acquire. Do you get it now dumbass? Everytime Trauma and I are having a normal convo, you have to make yourself look stupid, post bullshit, and basically just waste time and space on the thread. Leave it to the men, and move your ignorant ass aside

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 10:46:46 PM »
Your Asshat-ism has reached a new level.

Please don't try and lecture me on Economics. I'm pretty sure you still live with mommy and daddy and don't have to worry about shit.

"Tax programs that are to provide the revenue for transfer payments and social services actually are aggravating the plight of the poor.  After all, taxes like the corporate income tax, the estate tax, and many other business taxes imposed on the rich are taxes on economic production. They consume the very capital which creates jobs through investments, improves production and working conditions, and thereby raises wage rates. To advocate higher taxes on the rich, most of whom are highly productive businessmen and investors, is to expropriate the very means of capital investment that afford jobs and better living conditions for the poor. It is in the vital interest of the poor that there be wealthy promoters and investors who do not consume all their income. If allowed to, this group may build factories and stores, shops and other business establishments, all of which provide jobs and income. This is why, contrary to popular belief, progressive death duties do not diminish economic inequality; they are powerful instruments for creating it."
-Hans F. Sennholz, Death and Taxes

« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 10:47:05 PM by Krayzie-Eyez Killah »

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 10:49:28 PM »
WOW, you posted some guy's theory. If I post something that Karl Marx said, then it must be the right and best thing huh? Fuckin dumbass.

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 10:58:37 PM »
WOW, you posted some guy's theory. If I post something that Karl Marx said, then it must be the right and best thing huh? Fuckin dumbass.
I posted something that I happen to belive in. I see you can't respond with something of your own, just insults, why post? If you can't back your argument up with facts, what do you have? Nothing.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 11:11:58 PM »
LMAO... you just said you believe in that guy's theory... theory is just that a theory NO FACTS... so don't be a hypocrit... plus I pointed out the FACT that wealth IS related to taxes and proved your original comment to be that of an idiot's

Casper

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 11:56:42 PM »
ill worry about this when i hafta pay taxes...

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 11:58:45 PM »

yah, havin 20-25% of yur paycheck stolen from u...suckz...and bonus's they take 40%. Itz a bitch...lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 04:10:59 PM »

yah, havin 20-25% of yur paycheck stolen from u...suckz...and bonus's they take 40%. Itz a bitch...lol

Yeah... I had $240 of my $900 check taken from me last month. But I get $17,000 in college aid, growing up I had free health from the state of California 'cause my dad didn't have a job, and I like the nice roads I drive on, the teachers that taught me, the police that protect me, The military that defends me, and the firefighters that have proven over and over again that they are true life action heros. That $240 I could have used, and I wish I had it. But living in the United States, $240 is a bargan for the life we have here. It's all good. In the 90's, it's funny, Bill Clinton raised taxes, and most people didn't care because the common belief was we are paying to live in the greatest nation in the world. Now when times are bad, we want our tax money, interesting. When times are good, we don't mind, times are bad, we care. Oh well, that's the U.S. for ya.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2003, 04:17:05 PM »
Now when times are bad, we want our tax money, interesting. When times are good, we don't mind, times are bad, we care. Oh well, that's the U.S. for ya.

Because now we fight meaningless wars for the benefit of an elite group, and we're spending over $100 billion. If it wasn't for our horrible foreign policy, imagine the amount of money we could invest into our own country; the improvements we could make at home. We spend only 2.9% of our budget money on education. Why?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2003, 04:48:42 PM »
Now when times are bad, we want our tax money, interesting. When times are good, we don't mind, times are bad, we care. Oh well, that's the U.S. for ya.

Because now we fight meaningless wars for the benefit of an elite group, and we're spending over $100 billion. If it wasn't for our horrible foreign policy, imagine the amount of money we could invest into our own country; the improvements we could make at home. We spend only 2.9% of our budget money on education. Why?

Yeah.. I know. I know exactly what you are saying. But the party that wants to cut taxes is the one spending the money, and most people agree with the leader of that party. They want to spend, and spend, and yet don't tax. Our debt was planned to be payed off by 2017 under Bill Clintons plan, which had high taxes to pay off debt. But Bush cut taxes, spend more money, and now we are in deeper debt. Amazing, I understand what you are saying, but we need tax dollars, not just for the stupit shit Bush put us into, but to get out of debt, and increase education spending. I am going into teaching, I would like to work with a budget.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2003, 04:56:39 PM »
Clinton was a wonderful president. Bush just ruined everything that guy had worked so hard for. Country was going great, and boom a Republican gets into office and look where we are. I believe Bush called his plan the Deficitus Maximus