Poll

who do u feel was the better american president

Bill Clinton
13 (92.9%)
George W Bush
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Clinton or bush  (Read 447 times)

pappy

Clinton or bush
« on: October 20, 2003, 10:11:25 PM »
go

UnstoppableForce

Re:Clinton or bush
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 10:16:13 PM »
Clinton by a mile

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 03:52:32 PM »
Definitely Bush.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 03:59:21 PM »
Definitely Bush.

did you live in the U.S. in the 90's. Times were better then. Amazing.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 04:02:29 PM »
Definitely Bush.

did you live in the U.S. in the 90's. Times were better then. Amazing.

Don't worry, he knows Clinton was a better president, it's just hard to admit for him.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 07:13:26 PM »
Bill Clinton.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 07:26:33 PM »
cant playa hate... Bill all the way  8)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 07:31:05 PM by lil bullet aka Pink »

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 09:04:46 PM »
Does anybody actually even think about these things, or just say what your political affiliation tells you to?

Lets break it down.

Clinton - During Clinton's years in office, we had a great economy, tons and tons of jobs were created, the economy was rising, etc.  However, what Democrats don't want you to know is, the Economy started rising by 3% in the quarters preceding Clinton even ANNOUNCING his run for president, while we were still in George Bush Sr.'s presidency.  George Bush Sr. was the president who started the economy turn-around, and really, Bush Sr. never even had a recession; becuase of the strong conservative principles put in place by Ronald Reagan (with Bush Sr. as VP) the United States had an incredible economy through the 80's, slowed down while Bush was in office, and then started growing again in Bush's last year.  So, here comes Clinton, and even though he tried to deep-six the economy by attempting to nationalize 1/3rd of the u.s. economy (health care), the economy continued it's strong growth, primarily because of the emerging tech stocks on the NasDaq average on Wall Street.  In Clintons last year, after he was fucking impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives... in Clinton's last year, the Economy started falling, again.

On the foriegn front, Clinton refused to accept Bin Ladin on 4 seperate occasions when he was offered to us to be brought to trial for his crimes against the united states (Bombing of the S.S. Cole, etc.etc.etc.)... Clinton didn't want to deal with such a touchy subject, so he kicked the ball effectively down the field, to the next guy's watch.  Let him deal with it.  Clinton ignored issues of National Safety, and made a fucking huge mess out of Kosovo.  I do give Clinton a lot of credit for working diligently on the Israel/Palestine conflict though, with Yassir Arafat and Ariel Sharon.  He tried his best.  

I think Clinton is a good man, but he's not a good leader.  He doesn't have the stand up inititive required for such an important position, and he also didn't have a strong set of principles to base his decisions on.  I feel he made decisions because he thought they were popular decisions to make.  He's a politician.

Flash forward to Bush.  He comes into office with the economy in a recession, and then gets blamed for it.  He's right about now stopping the recession, and the economy for the last 2 quarters has shown strong signs of growth, but nobody's talking about that.  All economic indicators point to it going strong from here out... Where Clinton rode out an economy that was already growing, and left office with the economy headed towards recession, Bush took office with the economy in a recession, and has stopped and reversed the downfall.  Nobody wants to believe this because unfortunately he's a conservative.

On the Foriegn front, Bush has had to adress every single issue that Clinton ignored.  Clinton ignored North Korea.  Clinton ignored all of the U.N. violations that were violated in our cease-fire agreement with the Iraqis, and throughout Clinton's presidency, he stood by while Saddam Hussein continued to violate resolution after resolution, because Clinton knew a war would be unpopular, and would lead to Negative sentiments in the middle east.  Clinton also ignored Afganistan, and didn't even name it as a state harboring terrorists, even after he was offered Bin Ladin for prosecution 4 times, and passed.  Bin ladin we know went on to Bomb the WTC and kill 3000 Americans.  I'm not saying that's Clintons fault, because it's not.  However, if Clinton would have been more concerned with America's foriegn policy, perhaps this could have been prevented.  Now Bush has to handle all of this, and it makes him look bad.  

Bush is a stand up man, who takes on any challenge, instead of ignoring the problem like Clinton did for his entire presidency.  In 2 years, when the economy is booming like it was in the 90's, the Clinton fans will still be saying he's a better president, when if you look at what he actually did, compared to what Bush has been forced to do by Clinton's inaction, it's easy to see who is the better leader.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 09:22:22 PM »
Clinton also ignored Afganistan, and didn't even name it as a state harboring terrorists

LMAO... did he not bomb Afghanistan and Sudan? I don't see that as a good thing, but it does prove your point wrong.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 09:24:40 PM »
In my honest opinion, I don't think either of them was a wonderful president. Both had many flaws, but Bush hurt the country more than Clinton ever did. Our foreign policy sucks no matter which party holds office.

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2003, 06:52:41 AM »
i'm not gonna choiose, cause you don't know what would have happened if bill clinton was in office on sept. 11

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2003, 07:24:12 AM »
i'm not gonna choiose, cause you don't know what would have happened if bill clinton was in office on sept. 11

I imagion he'd go on TV... talk about how he feels our pain, and talk about rebuilding and finally make public Al-Quada. Remember, Clinton often bombed their camps, but it was rearly said. We had constent danger with Al-Quada, but Clinton was a president that never said anything to keep the nation from going into caos. So who knows. Bush was the ones that took the troops out of the region, and left the terriorist unattented.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2003, 04:25:06 PM »
President Clinton is the reason September 11th happened in the first place. He was so politically correct that he was too soft on terrorists. And if Al Gore had been president on that day, we would all be praying to Mecca right now.

Thankfully, President Bush takes national security much more seriously than those guys.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2003, 05:46:16 PM »
And if Al Gore had been president on that day, we would all be praying to Mecca right now.

Damn don't make me think about how perfect the world would have been had Gore won.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2003, 06:28:54 PM »
is it me or is lincoln turning into an infinite