Author Topic: Anyone else think this is fucked up  (Read 302 times)

pappy

Anyone else think this is fucked up
« on: October 20, 2003, 10:14:26 PM »
tonite the television network usa will be airing a made for tv movie about the dc sniper.  does any1 else think its fucked up that a television network is tryin to make money off of a sick tragedy like this where 10 innocent people died.  an considering the fact it hasnt even been a year yet an you got network executives already trying to milk this.  i dunno but for some reason i jus find it heartless

UnstoppableForce

Re:Anyone else think this is fucked up
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 10:18:00 PM »
I agree

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 10:23:38 PM »
yeah i agree...i heard eventually sylvester stallone will do "rambo vs. osama bin laden"...it was probably a rumor cuz i couldnt see him ever doing that but with the kind of bullshit polluting the media now it wouldnt surprise me.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 10:40:06 PM »
i dont agree really. I mean, i cant blame the network for givin the PEOPLE programming that they want. Bet it gets decent ratings. Which means, if anyones sick...its us. We like this kinda shit. Plus, theres been alotta made for tv movies like this anyways. I dont see it as any worse then when the news digz for ratings by playing on somebodies death. Who knows...bet all yall muthafuckas watch tha movie too! lol

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 10:43:07 PM »
i dont agree really. I mean, i cant blame the network for givin the PEOPLE programming that they want. Bet it gets decent ratings. Which means, if anyones sick...its us. We like this kinda shit. Plus, theres been alotta made for tv movies like this anyways. I dont see it as any worse then when the news digz for ratings by playing on somebodies death. Who knows...bet all yall muthafuckas watch tha movie too! lol

exactly..... :D

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 10:52:31 PM »
actually i really dont watch tv and that will include this movie...and its for taht reason exactly...theres too much bullshit like this on all the time...theres barely ever anything good on...

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 10:57:03 PM »
hell i dont even watch movies like that.. but there are alot of people who will...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 11:00:33 PM »
hell i dont even watch movies like that.. but there are alot of people who will...

yup...plus, i boycott USA for puttin movies like Above the Rim on there, and me havin to hear the word "MotherLover" 50 million times....goddamn, can they come up with a better word for MuthaFucka...then that?!?

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 11:02:54 PM »

yup...plus, i boycott USA for puttin movies like Above the Rim on there, and me havin to hear the word "MotherLover" 50 million times....goddamn, can they come up with a better word for MuthaFucka...then that?!?

lol no shit...i love how in the TV version of friday they dont say fuck you...they try to say forget you but dont cut out fuck...they just add it...so its fuckit you lol...sad shit...

Casper

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 11:06:11 PM »
why did they show it? what was the purpose?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 11:13:38 PM »

lol no shit...i love how in the TV version of friday they dont say fuck you...they try to say forget you but dont cut out fuck...they just add it...so its fuckit you lol...sad shit...

lol!

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 08:41:57 PM »
I agree with Luke, we need to really really watch what we watch on t.v. (um, you know what I mean).  Things like this are sick, we need to send a message, through low ratings, that we don't want to see exploitation like this on television.  I do watch t.v., but I watch things that entertain or educate me, not things that exploit innocent people.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2003, 11:56:05 PM »
I agree with Luke, we need to really really watch what we watch on t.v. (um, you know what I mean).  Things like this are sick, we need to send a message, through low ratings, that we don't want to see exploitation like this on television.  I do watch t.v., but I watch things that entertain or educate me, not things that exploit innocent people.  

well said...*Props*

budsmokeronly

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2003, 12:28:46 AM »
I can't believe you guys are surprised that they made a movie about this.  There probably will be a few more movies made.  I never saw the movie so I don't know how it was depicted.  Look at how many movies are made on horrible events such as wars, the holocaust, president assassinations, and more.  Who knows, maybe the way the movie was filmed, people really realize how tragic an event it was, somewhat like what Schindlers list  did.  And imo there are much worse tragedies we have seen than this sniper.  How many did the sniper kill? 12, 13, 14?  How many people were killed in the vietnam war?  Way more than 15.  Plus there are fictional movies out there that are even more twisted than this sniper.

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2003, 12:34:43 AM »
I can't believe you guys are surprised that they made a movie about this.  There probably will be a few more movies made.  I never saw the movie so I don't know how it was depicted.  Look at how many movies are made on horrible events such as wars, the holocaust, president assassinations, and more.  Who knows, maybe the way the movie was filmed, people really realize how tragic an event it was, somewhat like what Schindlers list  did.  And imo there are much worse tragedies we have seen than this sniper.  How many did the sniper kill? 12, 13, 14?  How many people were killed in the vietnam war?  Way more than 15.  Plus there are fictional movies out there that are even more twisted than this sniper.

im definetely not surprised...i just think its fucked up...as far as those other movies go they were historical movies...they were made about things that happend 40 or 50 years ago and they tell the story of shit that we werent around to see...its different to watch something like that than it is to watch something like this were it happened less than a year ago....the only movie though that was more historical that really got to me was JFK...the real footage of him dying was insane...that shit was really hard to watch.