Author Topic: Why in churches is Jesus portrayed as a White-skinned man?  (Read 388 times)

dexter

Re:Why in churches is Jesus portrayed as a White-skinned man?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2003, 11:49:09 AM »
He was Jewish so he looked Jewish not European!

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2003, 02:56:56 PM »
Jews aren't a race,despite beliefs otherwise. They might have become to look distinctly "Jewish" in some cases because they tend to marry and have kids within their cultural group,like all humans.When you have a smaller group to start with this increases the amount of overlapping genetic information in that group,wich makes it's members look more and more alike, as is the case within the majority of the Jewish population.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2003, 02:59:46 PM »
Just curious. I went to a church a few months ago for my good friend's funeral and noticed this. I was just thinking about this, why is he portrayed as White skin when it's a documented historical fact Jesus had Brown skin? Just curious, thanks for any help.

Are you seriously this stupid? No one knows what color Jesus skin was. How the hell could we know what someone who lived 2,000 years ago looked like, especially in a region as diverse as the Middle East?

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God, and for most people it is easier to relate to God if he looks the same way you do. Go to a black church and you will see pictures of a black Jesus, go to a white church and you will see pictures of a white Jesus. Heck....go to a Christian church in Asia and you will see Jesus depicted as being Asian. Even Buddhists in China portray Buddha as Chinese even though he was born in India.

Now I have a question for you, Brother Lincoln. Do you get as upset when you see images of a black Jesus as you do when you see images of a white Jesus? Somehow I doubt it, because you are a racist and everyone knows it. That is why you are a joke and have no credibility on this board.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 03:05:38 PM by CWalker187 »

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2003, 04:06:12 PM »
That is why you are a joke and have no credibility on this board.

The irony in that is astonishing

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »
Just curious. I went to a church a few months ago for my good friend's funeral and noticed this. I was just thinking about this, why is he portrayed as White skin when it's a documented historical fact Jesus had Brown skin? Just curious, thanks for any help.

Are you seriously this stupid? No one knows what color Jesus skin was. How the hell could we know what someone who lived 2,000 years ago looked like, especially in a region as diverse as the Middle East?

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God, and for most people it is easier to relate to God if he looks the same way you do. Go to a black church and you will see pictures of a black Jesus, go to a white church and you will see pictures of a white Jesus. Heck....go to a Christian church in Asia and you will see Jesus depicted as being Asian. Even Buddhists in China portray Buddha as Chinese even though he was born in India.

Now I have a question for you, Brother Lincoln. Do you get as upset when you see images of a black Jesus as you do when you see images of a white Jesus? Somehow I doubt it, because you are a racist and everyone knows it. That is why you are a joke and have no credibility on this board.

Documents from the time in which Jesus was born (historical facts) it was said that Jesus had light Brown Skin. Any other way is just historically innacurate.And just so you know, I did not get upset that I saw a picture of a White Jesus, I simply was curious as to why. I don't understand why he would be portrayed as Black or Asian either.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

AWS SS 88

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 02:32:58 PM »
why he is portrayed as different races has been explained,by c walker i think.

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God, and for most people it is easier to relate to God if he looks the same way you do.

which makes a lot of sense,to me anyway

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2003, 04:11:34 PM »

Documents from the time in which Jesus was born (historical facts) it was said that Jesus had light Brown Skin. Any other way is just historically innacurate.And just so you know, I did not get upset that I saw a picture of a White Jesus, I simply was curious as to why. I don't understand why he would be portrayed as Black or Asian either.

There are no documents that exist that state what color Jesus skin was. You are flat out lying.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 09:01:32 PM »
Wow...Anyone who thinks Jesus could have possibly been black is flat-out retarded...JESUS WAS JEWISH PEOPLE! HE WAS ALSO BORN IN (WHAT IS NOW KNOWN AS) ISRAEL! YES! HE WAS ISRAELI!!!! WHICH LEADS ME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT HE WAS IN FACT MIDDLE-EASTERN!!! YIPPEEEE!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 09:10:03 PM »
Wow...Anyone who thinks Jesus could have possibly been black is flat-out retarded...JESUS WAS JEWISH PEOPLE! HE WAS ALSO BORN IN (WHAT IS NOW KNOWN AS) ISRAEL! YES! HE WAS ISRAELI!!!! WHICH LEADS ME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT HE WAS IN FACT MIDDLE-EASTERN!!! YIPPEEEE!

The man has a point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 09:33:48 PM »

The man has a point.

Thank you.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 09:39:59 PM »

The man has a point.

Thank you.

So you agree with what I said? 8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2003, 11:54:01 PM »

Who cares..
we will all find out the lie when when we die.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2003, 01:09:33 AM »

The man has a point.

Thank you.

So you agree with what I said? 8)

I agree with truth, not disagree with people I hate.

Doggystylin

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2003, 12:14:05 PM »
That is why you are a joke and have no credibility on this board.

The irony in that is astonishing

lmao