Author Topic: A Question for the Conservatives on this board  (Read 194 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
A Question for the Conservatives on this board
« on: October 22, 2003, 10:26:05 PM »
Why is it that almost all post aboutt anything turn into personal attacks. If you have beef with someone, why not take it some place else, because this is to debate issues, not attack others. I mean, I post something, and someone will follow with a great counter, which I welcome, and then 5 others will follow by insulting me, or my sister, or someone else. It's like we are here to talk issues, not diss someone. I would never diss Trauma, I still got mad respect. I would not diss CWalker, don't even know him, or even care about him. I do like to debate them, I like to be challenged in my way of thinking, so that it helps me understand more if I am right. Someone like Jake is cool to have, because he shares my background, but thinks different. I never say shit about Jake, but he has a whole post basically dissing me very angerly. I may be passionate about topics, but I would never rant on why I think Jake is a dump ass. So why attack me personally, I bring up topics so that you can think them over, to challenge you way of thinking, as you do mine. It's not personal, it's not to harm you, it's to help us all educate ourselves in other peoples way of thinking. I have been studying racial relations a lot the past few years in college, and apply it to everyday life when talking to others. I like learning, I understand, and I have lots of opinions, I would just like share my thoughts with others, and other share with me. After all, why attack me, you never meet me. I am in the newspapers here for community activism, helping Mexican immigrant students adjust to life in the United States. I am a very credible person, and I know I ain't racist, because I don't feel whites are lower than me, I feel that as a Latino, I have to help my hometown community advance and build ourselves up. It's a mainly Latino community with some black people, which in high school I actually huge out with more black people than anything. I feel community work is very important, and I even help white students in the town I'm in, in Minnesota. I am willing to help whoever needs it, but my main goal is my own community. So how am I racist, I am not for Latino Supriemicy, or for Latino Sepratism, I'm for the up bringing of my own Latino community. That's it. I help out in Minnesota, and I get put in the paper for my efforts. So why the personal attacks if you don't even know me. I don't know you, so I don't attack you. I just ask that you listen to me, and I'll listen to you, and we can agree on some stuff and disagree on others. I listen to debates, and the best ones are the ones where they listen to each other, not Gore and Bush, but I heard Jesse Ventera once debate Robert Kennedy Jr., and in the end, they got stuff agreed on, some they didn't, but it seemed they answered more problems that way. Do I have to stay silent, and know my role and stop being an uppity minority, and let you guys just be angry. Because honestly, we are really getting nothing done in these debates.

Casper

Re:A Question for the Conservatives on this board
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 10:32:06 PM »
because people are like that i mean after you make someong look stupid (i.e. you sister) we like to add more to the fire  and get more people pist off... i do it and alot of others do it too

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 10:38:34 PM »
because people are like that i mean after you make someong look stupid (i.e. you sister) we like to add more to the fire  and get more people pist off... i do it and alot of others do it too

but this board is about train of thought, not dissing just to diss. I mean fire is one thing, but this is not a beef board. If you want a beef board, then ask Overseer to make one, because personally, it gets annoying.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »
Also, I noticed my Karma went down 3 points in one days. Hum... wondered who did that? LOL... oh well, like that hurts.

Casper

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 10:51:37 PM »

but this board is about train of thought, not dissing just to diss. I mean fire is one thing, but this is not a beef board. If you want a beef board, then ask Overseer to make one, because personally, it gets annoying.

its never gonna stop man, might as well get use to it...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 10:54:20 PM »
At the same time, we should all learn to move on from these senseless beefs, and stop trying to one up each other in terms of wit. This is not a beef board. Beefs should stay out. Take your beefs to another board.

Casper

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 10:59:15 PM »
ok you keep trying to change the board and good luck on you mission that will never work out... i mean everywhere on the board is beef on any section its everywhere lmao

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2003, 04:31:11 PM »
Why is it that almost all post aboutt anything turn into personal attacks. If you have beef with someone, why not take it some place else, because this is to debate issues, not attack others. I mean, I post something, and someone will follow with a great counter, which I welcome, and then 5 others will follow by insulting me, or my sister, or someone else. It's like we are here to talk issues, not diss someone. I would never diss Trauma, I still got mad respect. I would not diss CWalker, don't even know him, or even care about him. I do like to debate them, I like to be challenged in my way of thinking, so that it helps me understand more if I am right. Someone like Jake is cool to have, because he shares my background, but thinks different. I never say shit about Jake, but he has a whole post basically dissing me very angerly. I may be passionate about topics, but I would never rant on why I think Jake is a dump ass. So why attack me personally, I bring up topics so that you can think them over, to challenge you way of thinking, as you do mine. It's not personal, it's not to harm you, it's to help us all educate ourselves in other peoples way of thinking. I have been studying racial relations a lot the past few years in college, and apply it to everyday life when talking to others. I like learning, I understand, and I have lots of opinions, I would just like share my thoughts with others, and other share with me. After all, why attack me, you never meet me. I am in the newspapers here for community activism, helping Mexican immigrant students adjust to life in the United States. I am a very credible person, and I know I ain't racist, because I don't feel whites are lower than me, I feel that as a Latino, I have to help my hometown community advance and build ourselves up. It's a mainly Latino community with some black people, which in high school I actually huge out with more black people than anything. I feel community work is very important, and I even help white students in the town I'm in, in Minnesota. I am willing to help whoever needs it, but my main goal is my own community. So how am I racist, I am not for Latino Supriemicy, or for Latino Sepratism, I'm for the up bringing of my own Latino community. That's it. I help out in Minnesota, and I get put in the paper for my efforts. So why the personal attacks if you don't even know me. I don't know you, so I don't attack you. I just ask that you listen to me, and I'll listen to you, and we can agree on some stuff and disagree on others. I listen to debates, and the best ones are the ones where they listen to each other, not Gore and Bush, but I heard Jesse Ventera once debate Robert Kennedy Jr., and in the end, they got stuff agreed on, some they didn't, but it seemed they answered more problems that way. Do I have to stay silent, and know my role and stop being an uppity minority, and let you guys just be angry. Because honestly, we are really getting nothing done in these debates.

Why do you make such long, rambling posts? Seriously, in like every post you give your life story about how you are a Mexican who grew up poor in California,  moved to Minnesota to go to a premier college, you plan on helping other Mexicans, blah blah blah. Enough already.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2003, 08:03:42 PM »
Agreed. A truly good debater will stick to the issues and never attack their opponent, only their views.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris