Author Topic: is it dissrespect to wear a roseary if your not praying?  (Read 188 times)

Casper

is it dissrespect to wear a roseary if your not praying?
« on: October 22, 2003, 11:11:28 PM »
all my family that is catholic wear them and so do ALOT of my friends (mostly the gangsta mexicans) and my cousin got me one and it was baby blue and i wore it to school and a teacher stopped me and told me to take it off because it was dissrepect and and i was like WTF?? and i just walked off ignoreing her and she went on her way but how is it dissrespect is it only for praying? im not a catholic so i dont know but my cousin Anthony just recently got a tatto of a whole roseary going around his neck and its pretty tight i would like someone to explain this to me because i see nothing wrong with it...

PinkTowelGirl

Re:is it dissrespect to wear a roseary if your not praying?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 04:19:29 AM »
the church and religious leader see tattoos... are wrong and mutilating the body.. blah blah... i see nothing wrong with myself.. being that i already have 2 tats.... but as far as anything religious.. i would stay away from... for my own personal.. reasons..

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 05:16:26 AM »
It depends.  If you feel a rosary represents something close to you, then wear it.  If you're wearing it because it looks cool, or because everybody else is wearing it, then I think it's an abomination to wear it like that, and it is disrespectful, yup.  Same thing with people that wear a cross on their neck and then go around acting like idiots, it's disrespectful.  

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 04:35:53 PM »
I am Catholic and I think that wearing rosaries is disrespectful.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 08:37:58 PM »
I agree with what Trauma said. If you are wearing it for the right reasons, then don't worry about what others are saying. If you are wearing it to look cool, then thats just retarded.

Casper

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 09:42:08 PM »
yeah well they dont wear it for the right reasons im sure cuzz they get inot fights and shit with them on im not gonna wear mine no more even if it looks cool but i mean when u look all the ppl that grew up on the bad side of town wear it and nun of the ppl form the good side of town wear it idk ill just stop wearing it...

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 05:07:42 PM »
^^ That's a smart decision, I comend you for even caring enough to think about whether you should wear it or not.