Author Topic: Anyone else think this is fucked up  (Read 272 times)

budsmokeronly

Re:Anyone else think this is fucked up
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2003, 11:24:32 AM »
im definetely not surprised...i just think its fucked up...as far as those other movies go they were historical movies...they were made about things that happend 40 or 50 years ago and they tell the story of shit that we werent around to see...its different to watch something like that than it is to watch something like this were it happened less than a year ago....the only movie though that was more historical that really got to me was JFK...the real footage of him dying was insane...that shit was really hard to watch.

YOU weren't around to see the events, but many other people were.  Vietnam really was not that long ago.  Many people still suffer from that war.  Making a movie about the sniper is no worse than making a movie about war imo.  It happened, and you just have to deal with it.  You can't just sit around and prentend it didn't happen.  It's real life shit that happened.  Like I said, the way the movie was filmed could really have a significant impact on people.  Schindlers list had a significant impact on me.  It was a horrible tragedy.  Steven Spielberg capitalized off of it.

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2003, 11:36:08 AM »
im definetely not surprised...i just think its fucked up...as far as those other movies go they were historical movies...they were made about things that happend 40 or 50 years ago and they tell the story of shit that we werent around to see...its different to watch something like that than it is to watch something like this were it happened less than a year ago....the only movie though that was more historical that really got to me was JFK...the real footage of him dying was insane...that shit was really hard to watch.

YOU weren't around to see the events, but many other people were.  Vietnam really was not that long ago.  Many people still suffer from that war.  Making a movie about the sniper is no worse than making a movie about war imo.  It happened, and you just have to deal with it.  You can't just sit around and prentend it didn't happen.  It's real life shit that happened.  Like I said, the way the movie was filmed could really have a significant impact on people.  Schindlers list had a significant impact on me.  It was a horrible tragedy.  Steven Spielberg capitalized off of it.

yea but think about it this way...you can have a movie like schindlers list where 90% of the people that were alive during the holocaust are either dead or are old and dont really watch many movies, or you can have a movie about something that happened a year ago where the families are still mourning, people are still talking about it...what if someone made a movie about 9/11 and released it in say june of 2002, people would've protested the shit out of that...watching movies about vietnam and the holocaust are intended to educate...movies about the sniper 8 or 9 months ago are intended to bring in money.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2003, 08:36:23 PM »
Agreed with what AcGrundy said.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

budsmokeronly

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2003, 10:32:18 PM »