Author Topic: is there a such thing as a race called "chicano"  (Read 403 times)

Casper

is there a such thing as a race called "chicano"
« on: October 23, 2003, 10:19:22 PM »
i mean pink keeps bragging about how she is chicana and shit WTF i know chicono is a like the why ppl are cuzz my grandpa use to be one of those old school gangstas and shit and thats what a chicono is too me... but pink aint no thug she is latina not chicana i mean if you go register for a job you gonna put "chicana" under race? i think not... but didnt pink say she didnt knwo her race  becasue her mother was a junky whore?? and now all of a sudden your chicana?? sumone please explain how this is a race and how is it different from mexican and etc... and why doesnt it go under the catagory of Latin...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:is there a such thing as a race called "chicano"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 10:26:05 PM »
There was a professor who came up with all the names latinos use and their meaning behind eachword...if i remember correctly i think chicano was for latinos born here with mexican parents.

I will try to get that paper, to post it up or send it to you

I just consider myself a latino. I dont like all those other names...sometimes it cuases racism within latinos...ricans against dominicans, guatemalans against salvadoreños...its not good at all.

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 10:26:58 PM »
i think its just another way of saying latino...kinda like white is caucasian, cracker, honky  ;D

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 10:31:42 PM »
no...chicano is a latino who is born in USA...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Casper

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 10:32:07 PM »
see its not a race pink... and i doubt you parent are from mexico  ::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 12:15:16 AM »
i've always been told that Chicanos are children who are born in the united states but who's parents or a parent was born in  Mexico.

my dad was born in meixco

<------chicano

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 07:49:21 AM »
no...chicano is a latino who is born in USA...

actually you are right about the USA part... but chicano/chicana is a state of mind.... It is also a very politic term used by Mexican Americans Born here use.....

http://www.cr.nps.gov/history/online_books/5views/5views5e.htm

http://www.brownmecha.org/doc_philosophy.html

http://www.azteca.net/aztec/chicano.html
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/jmt81/myhomepage/

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 07:51:52 AM »
see its not a race pink... and i doubt you parent are from mexico  ::)

your an idiot....  ::)

you know nothing about a whole lot of things... if i were you i was just walk my ass right back the class room... and read something....  ::)

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 07:58:07 AM »
i've always been told that Chicanos are children who are born in the united states but who's parents or a parent was born in  Mexico.

my dad was born in meixco

<------chicano

^^^ white washed...^^^

Casper

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 02:43:03 PM »
Pink can you please stop calling other people white washed? your probably white too didnt you say you didnt know your race???  ::)

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 04:04:05 PM »
Pink can you please stop calling other people white washed? your probably white too didnt you say you didnt know your race???  ::)

i know exactly who i  am .... i am just sorry you moma dont know who your daddy is.... since he has kids.. which make her a whore by you standards... ::)

pappy

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 04:14:53 PM »
ummm pink u used to tell me you were ashamed to be mexican an you wanted to marry a white man.  that was a while ago tho so i will give you that but where the sudden change of being proud of who you are

Casper

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 06:22:16 PM »

i know exactly who i  am .... i am just sorry you moma dont know who your daddy is.... since he has kids.. which make her a whore by you standards... ::)

EVERY word in that comments was false pink you really are a dumbass

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 07:55:18 PM »
ummm pink u used to tell me you were ashamed to be mexican an you wanted to marry a white man.  that was a while ago tho so i will give you that but where the sudden change of being proud of who you are
you use to tell me how lonely you were without a girl, and you lack of social skills werent exactly up there. The you would complain about not going out... yet you tell me that you got a life all of a sudden on PM? hummmm... sounds to my like people change over time?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 08:47:39 PM »
Pink is confused...One day she's Indian, the next day she's Mexican, the next day she gets 'raped', and then she's Chicana...Bitch really needs some help...