Author Topic: People rejecting Premo Beats WTF  (Read 248 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
People rejecting Premo Beats WTF
« on: October 24, 2003, 07:10:14 AM »
Hip Hop is in a sad state
When heads out there are rejecting premo beats
And opt 4 some sell out pop type shit.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:People rejecting Premo Beats WTF
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 08:30:08 AM »
maybe it's just a conspiracy against premo.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 08:42:57 AM »
lol.. or maybe he isnt really comin with anything new.. i mean he's renowned for being the most consistent, not the best, or most innovative.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 08:45:38 AM »
Yo Seer I told ya
If It Aint Broke lol

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 09:01:47 AM »
dont keep stale food in the larder.. it'll turn the rest.. ;)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 09:22:19 AM »
Please tell me ya not calling Premier Stale

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 11:53:33 AM »
c'mon man...premo comes dope...the only thing i can think of is if premo is in a slump and just has like producers block and is comin w/ wack shit...but i doubt that...you cant call premo stale...like ^^he said...if it aint broke....

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 12:43:30 PM »
I don't understand it. Gang Starr's new album had some of the best production I've heard. Premo is amazing, people just want pop beats. Whatever, they gotta make their $$$.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »
If premo is stale, then i don't want anything fresh. for real the ownerz was a great cd. the only song that i didn't like was nice girl wrong place, and of course that was their 3rd single...IMO he hasn't fallen off-anytime i hear he produced something i wanna hear it immediately. not many producers continually have that effect on me. peace

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 02:11:05 PM »
niggaz dont listen man, i been sayin it for like the last 6 months, he aint been bringin as much heat as he use to lately, his stuck in mud dawg and his tryna get out of it, his shits the same everytime at the moment bringin the occasional real sick track, i aint sayin his comin wack, but not sick enough.......imo.........dont get me wrong, premo is one of the sickest, i know his shit and i dig his shit, but lately.......i can see why cats be rejectin his beats if they lookin for 5/5 joints, cuz he jus seems to come with consistant tracks but nothing outstandin lately......imo

peace

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 02:57:40 PM »
I couldnt agree more.....Hip hop is in a bad state right now....

Primo makes sick beats, but they dont appeal to commercialized artists such as Jay Z I guess  ???

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 03:07:46 PM »
^^yeah i was jus gonna say, its true that hip hops in a shit state right now, at the end of the day, no matter what, theres most likely gonna be some weak tracks on jay-z's album or most albums these days, so to reject a premo track is still abit ott.......specially if theirs filler joints.........

but the jay-z album only has 12 joints, so he jus gon pick the best 12 no matter who produced them..............but i still find it hard to see how how ppl can still reject premo beats.........but dont forgot one thing, we aint heard the joint.......so it could be wack..........and premo aint doin anything lately that'l take a nigga off its stride lately, imo

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 05:15:21 PM »
If premo is stale, then i don't want anything fresh. for real the ownerz was a great cd. the only song that i didn't like was nice girl wrong place, and of course that was their 3rd single...IMO he hasn't fallen off-anytime i hear he produced something i wanna hear it immediately. not many producers continually have that effect on me. peace

Yeah, that's how I see it.  However, you and I may be growing out of touch with what modern listeners want to hear (hell, I know I am, I dunno about you though).  You always have to remember, what sounds good to us, sounds like shit to some people.  If those people out number us, even though to us it's genius, it's not hot anymore, and they'd rather listen to bullshit.  That's what's happening here.  

Casper

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 06:34:58 PM »
isnt Dre the one rejecting all the beats?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 10:29:25 PM »
about jay z : maybe it has sumthin to do with Dr.Dre being involved on this album (remember Rakim)

but people should realize that Primo is one of the only cats thats keeping  hiphop alive and they should take his beats instead
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 10:30:00 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »