Author Topic: Kobe's Legacy  (Read 683 times)

Youngster323

Re: Kobe's Legacy
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2002, 01:13:12 PM »
jordan also didnt have shaq on his team or Phil-J as his coach...

but anyways... Kobe is probably #3 in the league in clutch ... Jordan (he aint retired yet) and Reggie Miller (yeah thats right, Reggie Miller) are still ahead of him

after Phil Jackson took over the Bulls in the 1990 season, they were just one game away from goin to the FInals. IMO, the reason was cuz Phil told Jordan to be more of a team player. And thats what he did. I think he averaged 32 or around there , Phil's first year. But then his points got lowered cuz he took less shots and he established a 3 point shot. Thats why they went for a three peat. Same situation with Kobe, before Phil....KObe was shootin like crazy. Phil came in talked to Kobe and Kobe passed the ball more. and 2 rings came cuz of that. Thanx to Phil.  Oh by the way...Jordan established his fade away shot in the mid 90s. Kobe already has his fade away developed not fully. all kobe need to work on badly is his 3 point shot. Sad to say but all the youngsters in the future will put Kobe infront of Jordan. But  in my head i know Jordan is the better player.  Kobe will never accomplish what Jordan did. like Defensive PLayer of the year. and other titles
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2002, 07:27:01 PM »
^^ It all depends on if the league wants Kobe to get the defensive player of the year. In the 5 years Jordan won the award, there were always others who probably deserved it more, but it made him look better, and made David Stern more money cause of marketing. I would be very very surprised if Kobe wins less than 3 Def Player of the years, and 3 MVP's barring injury.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2002, 10:09:09 AM »
i have always liked the lakers but i didnt really like the dude at first he kind of got on my nerves cause he was a ball hog and always fucked shit up.....but now hes coming off strong i like him alot. he still gots lot to work on but i could totally see him becoming a legend and one of the most recognized players in the NBA ever.  but they way i see the whole Jordan situation i have no doubt in my mind that Jordan is the greatest player to ever play the game. i believe kobe will make his own mark because i think trying to reach jordan is impossible (consider him in a secret location that no one can get to) but i see kobe making his own mark in someother area although i like kobe i doubt (but im not completely throwing it out) that kobe will ever be as great as Jordan but he is the closest yet and i think will be the closest.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 01:40:45 PM »
^^ It all depends on if the league wants Kobe to get the defensive player of the year. In the 5 years Jordan won the award, there were always others who probably deserved it more, but it made him look better, and made David Stern more money cause of marketing. I would be very very surprised if Kobe wins less than 3 Def Player of the years, and 3 MVP's barring injury.

rape trial did that in..........but good to see the recognition of truth back n the days tho