Author Topic: Ja rule to squash beef with 50?  (Read 1000 times)

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
Ja rule to squash beef with 50?
« on: October 25, 2003, 04:57:24 PM »
Rapper Ja Rule had dialog with the Minister Louis Farrakhan on The Nation of Islam's farm on Thursday.

The contents of their conversation will simultaneously be broadcast on 85 urban Clear Channel stations across the country.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that the purpose of the meeting between Ja-Rule and Farrakhan is to mediate tension between the two men and encourage peace between their respective camps.

Big Tigga was originally requested to do the interview, but sources said that Farrakhan was chosen at the request of Irv Gotti.

Farrakhan spoke with 50 Cent on Thursday as well and will meet with him one on one in the coming weeks. Farrakhan will also meet with Irv Gotti and Chris Lighty, who manages 50 Cent.

"The reeducation of the public, which is the duty of all in leadership, will cause us to make demands on our artists, their managers, promoters and the owners of the recording, movie and television industries so that the public will be fed a better diet spiritually and mentally, as well as musically and artistically," Farrakhan said of the rap industry in January.

This is not the first time that Farrakhan, leader of the Nation Of Islam, has met with feuding rappers. Shortly after the murders of Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G., the Minister met with various artists, attempting to broker peace.

Source: allhiphop.com

The Watcher

Re:Ja rule to squash beef with 50?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 06:33:15 PM »
thats good if he wants to squash it for real, dunno though, i think he might be doin it to get back in the spotlight
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

pappy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2003, 11:04:18 PM »
Farrakhan is still a dirt bag

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 11:28:07 PM »
what a pussy, I hope 50 shoots his ass.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 11:35:04 PM »

Why is that. Granted, he trys to be Malcom X, when Malcom lived out his last days a way better man than Farrakhan could ever dream of, but in hip-hop, he has helped squash the East/West beef, which was for the betterment of the artform. Can't hate him too much.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 11:50:26 PM »
I dont like Ja Rule but it would be ggreat, the beef aint bringing anything good to anybody involved

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 11:51:30 PM »
the fact that they need somebody to squash beef because they cant do it themselves just shows rap is in a bad state right now.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 03:06:22 AM »
I hope the beef gets squashed...

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2003, 09:15:28 AM »

Why is that. Granted, he trys to be Malcom X, when Malcom lived out his last days a way better man than Farrakhan could ever dream of, but in hip-hop, he has helped squash the East/West beef, which was for the betterment of the artform. Can't hate him too much.

umm...there was NO beef between the east and the west...the media was saying bunch of bullshit back then...

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2003, 12:49:07 PM »
LMAO!    HA!

pappy

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 07:55:07 PM »

ooooo ok that makes perfect sense i should like farrakhan b/c he helped solved a couple of beefs in hip hop but hates me b/c im white

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 07:59:35 PM »

ooooo ok that makes perfect sense i should like farrakhan b/c he helped solved a couple of beefs in hip hop but hates me b/c im white

I don't think Farrakhan hates Whites, but I dislike the fact that he wants a seperatist state for Blacks. The way to racial unity IMO is intergration. But Farrakhan has done great things like squashing many beefs in hip-hop, starting the prostate cancer foundation & kick Ice Cube out of the NOI. He's still no Elijah Mohammed though.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 08:05:54 PM »

I don't think Farrakhan hates Whites

hate to break it to ya but he does

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 01:57:07 PM »

I don't think Farrakhan hates Whites, but I dislike the fact that he wants a seperatist state for Blacks. The way to racial unity IMO is intergration. But Farrakhan has done great things like squashing many beefs in hip-hop, starting the prostate cancer foundation & kick Ice Cube out of the NOI. He's still no Elijah Mohammed though.

Elijah Mohammed was just as bad, he did some shit that made
Malcom X sort of turn his back on the NOI and Elijah Mohammed

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 01:15:51 PM »

Elijah Mohammed was just as bad, he did some shit that made
Malcom X sort of turn his back on the NOI and Elijah Mohammed

Actually Elijah Mohammed expelled Malcolm from the NOI because he forbid their members from speaking on JFK's death, and Malcolm did. Elijah Mohammed was no saint of course, but he was a better leader than Farrakhan will ever be.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris