Author Topic: Up in Smoke  (Read 674 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Up in Smoke
« on: October 26, 2003, 04:28:18 PM »
 damn y'all these wildfires in southern cali( San Bernadino, Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, Valverde, La Verne, Simi Valley and now San Diego) are outta control :o :o :o

like 300 homes have been burnt to the ground, im here in pico rivera and i see ashes falling and it smells like smoke outside

mrtonguetwista

Re:Up in Smoke
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 04:34:23 PM »
Wow!!! :o  There's a wildfire going on and it smells like smoke outside?  That's crazy. ::)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 04:36:21 PM »
lucky me im in the san fernando valley 8)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 04:42:28 PM »
not fire tt wildfires  ;D ;D ;D

i just feel sorry for the people who have lost their homes already

the biggest fire has been burning since tuesday(the grand prix fire) and it has now combined with another fire thus becoming even bigger

and great dane watch out cuz u never know in them valleys

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 04:52:52 PM »
naw its tooooooooo many things in the valley to catch fire the only thing that will catch fire is the moutains suroundin the valley

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 05:35:56 PM »
San Diego in that last 24 hours.

10 dead more than 300 homes destroyed. 1 small plane crash landed/exploded on a freeway. Most major freeways closed no work no school tomorrow. About 10 separate fronts all over San Diego County.

Monday Night Football either cancelled/postponed or moved to Phoenix monday night.
Qualcomm Stadium is being used a evacuation center. Air quality near the stadium is poor.

Strong Santa Ana 60 mph max winds are blowing embers all over San Diego in a hurry.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 06:16:20 PM by Max Marlins »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 05:42:57 PM »
i spent the night in Long Beach last night and that shit was crazy when i went to my car today it was full of ashes a fuckin shit load and it looks like we are in hell or something with all that fuckin ash and smoke

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 05:44:46 PM »
Yeah it was dark red the whole day.

Updated Casualties
2 more bite the dust so thats 12 in one day.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 05:48:16 PM by Max Marlins »

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2003, 06:00:33 PM »
they can't stop the one thats headed for my pad.  and thats 10 miles away. I'm in the North Part of San Diego County.   we gettin ready to move out :-\

JTSimon

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2003, 06:05:35 PM »

Are you in Escondido?

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 06:12:12 PM »
dam

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 06:15:05 PM »
I'm in San Marcos.  it's right next to Esco.  right now the fire is burning lake Dixon and that's about 10 to fifteen miles from here.  so we got out shit packed up just in case.  if they can't put it out, which is likely right now cuase they don't got enough resorces, we gonna have to move.    

and the reason SD county is gettin fucked up right now is cuase we sent most of our resorces up north to help out San Bernadino and Rancho Cucomunga with they fires yesterday.  and all these fires broke out this morning.  so....

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 06:19:03 PM »
shits crazy. about an hour and a half ago, a small air plane crashed into the 163 freeway in SD.  there was so much smoke over the whole county that it couldn't see shit.

JTSimon

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 06:36:17 PM »
shits crazy. about an hour and a half ago, a small air plane crashed into the 163 freeway in SD.  there was so much smoke over the whole county that it couldn't see shit.

Can't breathe either...I had to wear a shirt over my mouth.

No air conditioning in car because ash was coming through.

JTSimon

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 06:49:28 PM »
ESPN.com news services
Each Monday night, the question is posed: Are you ready for some football?
This Monday night, the question may be: Is San Diego ready for some football?
NFL officials are considering moving the Chargers-Dolphins game Monday night out of Qualcomm Stadium because of wildfires in the San Diego area.

Joe Browne, the NFL's executive vice president, said Sunday the league had spoken with Chargers officials about the conditions. The sky throughout the county was choked with smoke and ash from three fast-moving fires that, according to the Los Angeles Times, has burned roughly 270,000 acres, killed 11 people and burned more than 500 homes.

San Diego Mayor Dick Murphy urged the NFL to either postpone or move the game.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said team officials were on a conference call with the league and he expected discussions to last into the night Sunday. He heard that three or four alternative sites were being considered. Officials from Phoenix, Oakland and San Francisco have reportedly been contacted..
"I don't know if they'll cancel it, play it here or move it to another site," Smith said. "We're prepared to get on a plane and go somewhere. We can move real quickly. We're just waiting to see what the NFL will do.
"Also, remember, it's a night game, so we're still borrowing time."

The Dolphins arrived in San Diego late Sunday afternoon and were awaiting word from the NFL, a spokesman said.

The Qualcomm Stadium's parking lot was turned into a major evacuation center as residents from several surrounding neighborhoods were ordered out of their homes by authorities.

Smith said he'd never seen a situation like this, and like thousands of San Diegans, was watching coverage on TV.
"I'm watching the news right now and it seems to be ongoing," Smith said.
The wildfires have now burned 650 homes in Southern California and left eleven people dead. The fires stretch for miles, fanned by fierce winds. Some of the fires that have been burning for days have merged into huge walls of flames.
The state's largest fire, at 100-thousand acres, is in eastern San Diego County. It has killed at least eight people, including two who died inside their car as they apparently tried to escape the flames.
Governor Gray Davis says the fires are California's worst in ten years.