Author Topic: A safe injection site for Herion users. A good thing?  (Read 329 times)

Suga Foot

A safe injection site for Herion users. A good thing?
« on: October 26, 2003, 11:36:21 PM »
Vancouver recently opened a 'safe injection site' for Herion addicts.  It's a place they can come into, and a nurse will give them all the neccesarry 'tools' they need to inject (users need to bring in their own drugs).  Afterwards, they can get cleaned up, and the needles get disposed of.

This is the first one in North America, what are y'all views on this type of thing, can you see it catching on?

I think it's a good thing, it gets all the dirty needles off the streets, and it kinda controls everything better.  But there are a lot of people against it.

Don Breezio

Re:A safe injection site for Herion users. A good thing?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 11:41:51 PM »
nah i think they need to stick with the methadone clinics and slowly ween them off the heroin...sure methodone can be addictive too...but its better than being on heroin and easier to get off of supposedly

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 11:53:12 PM »
LMFAO

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 12:01:27 AM »
haha were ahead of you on this one. we had an injecting room 2-3 years ago in australia.

kick ass album

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 12:08:10 AM »
haha were ahead of you on this one. we had an injecting room 2-3 years ago in australia.

i bet they know you very well there  :D

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 02:41:01 AM »

These *sites* will only end up producing more drug addicts..
 Ban these fucked up *sites* and hand over those retards(read addicts) to the Rehab.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 02:42:28 AM »
they should use it to find out who the users are and track down where they gettin that shit from! :)

theres little point in arresting the end users, cut off their supply then put them on methadone

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 02:57:06 AM »

^^ The above Idea occurred to me but it seems pretty far fetched...

Cuz once the users get a whiff of this plan they will altogether stop attending these *sites* and then there's no point in opening them in teh first place.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 05:52:16 AM »
The way I see it, the entire world is trying to make victims of people with no self control.  Heroin users know they have a problem, and if they don't, someone should make them realize that, by either locking them up or at least getting them into an intervention program.  "Safe-sites" aren't safe if they're injecting fucking POISON into your veins, lol.  The entire idea of shooting up drugs isn't safe, dying of aids or whatever because of a dirty needle is part of the negative consequences of such a dangerous habit.  

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 05:59:16 AM »
yeah but of they're gonna do it anyways..its the lesser of 2 evils. i'd rather they did it in a clean controlled environment rather than used needles (or worse.. dead junkies..) etc being left in public toilets, parks and abandoned buildings... all places someone could accidentally potentially get infected, addicted or stumble across some OD'd junkie.

i'm pretty sure these 'safe places' also provide a route to councilling and a route into rehab programs aimed at catching the eye of those who want to break free of the hold the drug has.

Cuz once the users get a whiff of this plan they will altogether stop attending these *sites* and then there's no point in opening them in teh first place.

yeah i know :)

budsmokeronly

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 03:12:13 PM »
Sweet, I'm moving to Canada where I can finally shoot up in peace.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 04:01:51 PM »
yeah but of they're gonna do it anyways..its the lesser of 2 evils. i'd rather they did it in a clean controlled environment rather than used needles (or worse.. dead junkies..) etc being left in public toilets, parks and abandoned buildings... all places someone could accidentally potentially get infected, addicted or stumble across some OD'd junkie.

i'm pretty sure these 'safe places' also provide a route to councilling and a route into rehab programs aimed at catching the eye of those who want to break free of the hold the drug has.

yeah i know :)

I'm sorry, O, I have no compassion.  They should die in the streets if they won't go get help, I don't give a fuck about them.  My dollars are better spent helping things that people have no control over, like children with diseases or no homes, etc.  Drug addicts fucked up their own life, why should I save them?  

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 05:01:25 PM »
It seems like a good idea, so that no one will o.d. and that the needles get thrown out and all. Im not too sure though about them actually LETTING them inject that.. it IS illegal right? i mean.. if they have heroin places, why not weed places 8) then it'll be all good!

-Bram

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 07:57:06 AM »
It seems like a good idea, so that no one will o.d. and that the needles get thrown out and all. Im not too sure though about them actually LETTING them inject that.. it IS illegal right? i mean.. if they have heroin places, why not weed places 8) then it'll be all good!

-Bram

We have marijuana cafe's in Vancouver too, a few blocks down from the safe injection site, lol.  The problem is so bad here, it's just easier this way, it can't be stopped, so it's better that it's controlled and contained.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2003, 10:20:45 AM »
The way I see it, the entire world is trying to make victims of people with no self control.  Heroin users know they have a problem, and if they don't, someone should make them realize that, by either locking them up or at least getting them into an intervention program.  "Safe-sites" aren't safe if they're injecting fucking POISON into your veins, lol.  The entire idea of shooting up drugs isn't safe, dying of aids or whatever because of a dirty needle is part of the negative consequences of such a dangerous habit.  

you know my stoiry about Herion, so I'll just say that my ideal situation is to send all herion addicts to rehab. Herion is the most addictive drug in North America, and it has lead to the distruction to many lives and families. The most ignorite way of thinking is that only people with no families, and no love ones are the ones on the streets using drugs like herion. Though rehab would be better, since it is cheaper than jailing addicts, and has the highest sucessful results in terms of getting people off drugs in general. But then again, California has always been ahead of it's time. Safe Injection is cool, but I think that there needs to be something that has better results as a sollution.