Author Topic: Happy Ramadan!!!! Muslims Blow Up Red Cross Headquarters!!!!!!!  (Read 278 times)

UnstoppableForce

Re:Happy Ramadan!!!! Muslims Blow Up Red Cross Headquarters!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 09:55:28 PM »
Hey Sandy:

While Taliban and al-Queda remnants do still exist and are growing in number inside the country, their presence is tiny compared to what it was. The US is currently training a national army for Karzai to use to secure North Central Afghanistan. This involves training tens of thousands of men and will take years to acomplish. Currently the most pressing problem is getting the local warlords to release suitable fighting men from their private militias.
There are many many many problems in Afghanistan, and to think that they would be fixed automatically and quickly is naive. Afghanistan was and is the embodiment of the wild west. With a strong military presence now based in Iraq, the US can directly pressure hostile Afghani elements to make the slow and painful transition to towards (I emphasize towards) modernity (a long way to go).

Hey moron:

Why didn't the U.S. do anything to help the Afghans after they defeated the Russians? We gave them weapons and told them to fight; we supported them. Then when the war was over, we're like "thanks guys" and left. That's when all the infighting began, using the guns the U.S. supplied them with. Then one day we find out there is supposedly  some oil there. Damn how are we going to get that when there is no central government to give us the OK? Oh yea, go into Pakistan and help bring a radical group called the Taliban into power. Let's hope they take over the country and let us build that pipeline. The taliban came into power in 1994 and from day one started their oppressing of the people. Why didn't we say anything? Oh yea they're gonna get us that oil. So we wait and wait. Then after the embassy bombings in Sudan and Kenya we link them to Osama. He's in Afghanistan. Let's bomb the shit out of them. Then 9/11 happens and we say "we have to get the terrorists, they're in Afghanistan". Well if we didn't leave them in the open with no help in the first place, none of this would've happened. Taliban are now saying they won't give usthe okay to make the pipeline for oil. "they're terrible people who kill Afghans". Well they've been dointg that since they came, so why didnt we say anything then? I could go on, but my point is the U.S. is after its own SELF FUCKIN INTEREST. If a radical militant group benefits the US, then that country shall have a radical militant group; if Saddam benefits the US then Iraq shall have Saddam, but if they do anything against us, then we label them as "evil doers who oppress their people".
Why are we not saying anything to Egypt or Saudi Arabia?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2003, 11:31:20 AM »
Hey Sandy:

While Taliban and al-Queda remnants do still exist and are growing in number inside the country, their presence is tiny compared to what it was. The US is currently training a national army for Karzai to use to secure North Central Afghanistan. This involves training tens of thousands of men and will take years to acomplish. Currently the most pressing problem is getting the local warlords to release suitable fighting men from their private militias.
There are many many many problems in Afghanistan, and to think that they would be fixed automatically and quickly is naive. Afghanistan was and is the embodiment of the wild west. With a strong military presence now based in Iraq, the US can directly pressure hostile Afghani elements to make the slow and painful transition to towards (I emphasize towards) modernity (a long way to go).

While I respect that you recognize the problems the US Administration is facing in Afghanistan, I dont think you fathom how serious the problems are and how of course the American solutions are.  These problems that plague Afghanistan now, are all a consequence of the American war itself.
For example, everyone talks about the warlords in Afghanistan. Yet, it was the US who fed em millions to fight the Taliban for them. Ya Feels?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 01:18:51 PM »
Tech, I don't think Engel will believe you unless it's stated on FOX or CNN.