Author Topic: .: - MIRC-THREAD v. 5.0 - :.  (Read 32903 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:.:|:. THE MIRC-THREAD v3.1 .:|:.
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2003, 10:12:24 PM »
Damn that's crazy. I don't even wanna know how that works/how that's legal.

:::gets ready to start downlaodin' it:::

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2003, 09:54:12 AM »
anyone know why i randomly have a dcc pending that i cant turn off?

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2003, 07:53:23 PM »
Man. I'm just chillin' in the RAPMP3Z channel, not knowin' what the fucc is goin' on. I see the bots advertising they shit, but none of it interests me. How do I go about gettin' the shit I want?

Jome

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2003, 08:03:41 PM »
Man. I'm just chillin' in the RAPMP3Z channel, not knowin' what the fucc is goin' on. I see the bots advertising they shit, but none of it interests me. How do I go about gettin' the shit I want?

Set mIRC up to join these channels:

While still in OPTIONS, go to the left again, and find PERFORM under the IRC-option.
Check the box "On Connect, Perform these commands".
In the box you write in the channels you want to join when mIRC starts up, in my case I've written these in:

/join #WestCoastConnection
/join #rapmp3z
/join #mixtapegodz
/join #gangstamp3z
/join #xmp3
/join #hiphopmp3
/join #musichq
/join #mp3dcc
/join #cablerapmp3
/join #RnbViBeZ
/join #mp3_rap_n_reggae
/join #outlawzmp3z

If you're more into Bay/LA shit, put these as well:
/join #baytight
and
/join #bay2la

Then install DCCAssist, which is a mIRC-plugin.. (Shown in the pix I posted ^^ up there)

Want to DL off bots in a much easier way ??
DCCAssist is the solution for easy downloading.

Download DCCAssist, and install it.
Now you will get up 2 extra windows.

Window #1: Will show you all the albums/singles etc. advertised on bots in a list. Sort them alphabeticly for easy DL.
Double-click a album, and it will start downloading.

Window #2: Will show the status of your requested download. Like this:
Requested -> Waiting -> Queued (17) -> Receiving -> Complete (Completed packs will show up in a 3rd window)

If the new windows doesn't show, right-click in a channel, find "DCCASSIST" and choose "View packs" and "View Status".

This is how DCCASSIST looks when properly set up:

(If I hit "Request this pack" now, mIRC will automatically start downloading Bone Thugs Harmonys "Thug world order", which you can tell from the screen is 90MB.)

(A more detailed screen, here also viewing what channels & bots the album are on, but still simple to use. I've marked "Xzibit - Restless" and from the screen you can tell that it is 82MB, and that the bot that carries it is located in #Gangstamp3z. You can also tell that the album is on the bot GMZ|G10, but that's really not necessary to know when you got DCCASSIST)

DrMumbleWeed

• Lil Geezy
  • 'I'm versatile jus like a spork'
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2003, 03:28:11 AM »
i'm new to irc, can any1 recommend some good channels for music videos? especially bay area artists? thanxz
one
'I don't know what better getttin laid or gettin paid, i just know when i'm gettin one the others getting away' -kanye west

Don Seer

« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2003, 10:12:35 AM »
^ tough call...

#urban-videoz probably one of ya best start points

btw.. Just installed DCC Assist after seeing those screenshots.. dreamt of something like this for years.. installed like a dream too!
altho didnt work properly req'in packs till i restarted irc.

Jome

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2003, 09:49:53 PM »
^ tough call...

#urban-videoz probably one of ya best start points

btw.. Just installed DCC Assist after seeing those screenshots.. dreamt of something like this for years.. installed like a dream too!
altho didnt work properly req'in packs till i restarted irc.

Like a pro-version of mIRC..  8)

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2003, 11:23:21 PM »
i downloaded dccassist and put the file in the mirc directory. but i got stuck when the read me said to launch mirc and type a line in "the edit box", do you know where the edit box is?

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Don Seer

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2003, 01:13:13 AM »
^ it means where you normally type commands to.. so anywhere you can type really!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2003, 06:59:21 PM »
What do to when you attempt to extract the .tar file and it reads:

"Error reading header after processing 3 entries."

I tried unpacking it with WinZip, WinRaR and WinAce Archiver and none of them worked.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2003, 07:46:16 PM »
Want to DL off bots in a much easier way ??
DCCAssist is the solution for easy downloading.

Download DCCAssist, and install it.
Now you will get up 2 extra windows.
Window #1: Will show you all the albums/singles etc. advertised on bots in a list. Sort them alphabeticly for easy DL.
Double-click a album, and it will start downloading.
Window #2: Will show the status of your requested download. Like this:
Requested -> Waiting -> Queued (17) -> Receiving -> Complete (Completed packs will show up in a 3rd window)

This is how DCCASSIST looks when properly set up:

(If I hit "Request this pack" now, mIRC will automatically start downloading Bone Thugs Harmonys "Thug world order", which you can tell from the screen is 90MB.)

(A more detailed screen, here also viewing what channels & bots the album are on, but still simple to use. I've marked "Xzibit - Restless" and from the screen you can tell that it is 82MB, and that the bot that carries it is located in #Gangstamp3z. You can also tell that the album is on the bot GMZ|G10, but that's really not necessary to know when you got DCCASSIST)

I've never had it set-up like that.  I just download the latest version too and I still am just able to add pack without the long commands.  The DCCAssist query's the user for you.

How do you bring up that big list?

gFuNkA

« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2003, 11:34:45 AM »
i got a problem with opening chat windows. i got mirc 6.03 and invision 2.0 and i re-installed all two days ago (cause i formatted my c: drive). now everytime i doubleclick on a user name to open a chat window ....no window opens and i get "/>" in the commando line of the channel window. three days ago i was able to open chat windows with a doubleclick but now it doesnt work anymore. any1 got an idea?

Jome

« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2003, 10:49:54 PM »
What do to when you attempt to extract the .tar file and it reads:

"Error reading header after processing 3 entries."

I tried unpacking it with WinZip, WinRaR and WinAce Archiver and none of them worked.

Means that the file is fucked, probably because of a resume.. try downloading it again.

I've never had it set-up like that.  I just download the latest version too and I still am just able to add pack without the long commands.  The DCCAssist query's the user for you.

How do you bring up that big list?

Join the 10 or more biggest hiphop-channels, and the list will get as big as the one in the picture.
Remember to wait 10-15 minutes for the packs to get advertised.

Bring up the "DA.Packs" window by right-clicking in a window, and choose "DCCAssist" and then "View packs".

To view the list alphabeticly, right-click in the Packs-window, and choose "Sorting" and "By Description".
Update the list by pressing F7, when you have been on mIRC for 10-20 minutes..
Packs will be added all the time.

DCCassist does everything as long as you double-click the album you want..

i got a problem with opening chat windows. i got mirc 6.03 and invision 2.0 and i re-installed all two days ago (cause i formatted my c: drive). now everytime i doubleclick on a user name to open a chat window ....no window opens and i get "/>" in the commando line of the channel window. three days ago i was able to open chat windows with a doubleclick but now it doesnt work anymore. any1 got an idea?

Delete it, and install mIRC 6.12
6.12 fixes some SERIOUS bugs, which will get you hacked sooner or later if you don't upgrade.

Right-clicking on a user, and hitting "Query" will bring up a new window to chat it.

Upanga

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2003, 02:46:35 AM »
How can you get around this...

Closing Idle connection in 30 seconds

PoTek

• Lil Geezy
  • 9-1-1 its a emergency cowards tried to murder me
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2003, 06:54:27 PM »