Author Topic: SPURS in 2003-2004!  (Read 814 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:SPURS in 2003-2004!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 09:20:41 PM »
Spurs lost 80-72 against the Nuggets tonight, wow! talk about lack of scoring

no shit huh. I aint concerned about the first 15 games really. San Antonio starts off slow EVERY single year. Even in both Championship years.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 10:48:39 PM »
when kobe gets healthy, ain't no team gonna stop the lakers...can u tell me exactly who from the spurs is gonna stop shaq, malone, payton, and kobe? and laker bench has improved as well...george and fisher is gonna make those outside jumpers...rush and pargo has improved their game as well...goddamn lakers are gonna fuck shit up this season...don't get me wrong..spurs is a good team and all...but they just ain't gonna beat the lakers this season...

Smoke

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2003, 11:23:38 PM »
Spurs lost 80-72 against the Nuggets tonight, wow! talk about lack of scoring

no shit huh. I aint concerned about the first 15 games really. San Antonio starts off slow EVERY single year. Even in both Championship years.

True that. The last 2 months of S.A. are always the best ones.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2003, 01:23:38 PM »
when kobe gets healthy, ain't no team gonna stop the lakers...can u tell me exactly who from the spurs is gonna stop shaq, malone, payton, and kobe? and laker bench has improved as well...george and fisher is gonna make those outside jumpers...rush and pargo has improved their game as well...goddamn lakers are gonna fuck shit up this season...don't get me wrong..spurs is a good team and all...but they just ain't gonna beat the lakers this season...

U really relying on Malone to play all season and one of your top four? Comon, the man of getting on a bit now, plus it is gonna take him a while to get used to not having Stockton around, considering he's been playing with him for like the last ten or eleven years. Payton is still a great PG but even he is past his true best form, him and Fisher combined in that position is still gonna cause teams problems, but I can't see him being as influential as most Lakers fans seem to think he will be. It will be interesting to see who wins out in the end, but I think my money would be on the Spurs going further than the Lakers again this year definitely.

eS El Duque

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2003, 06:32:34 PM »
T'wolves FOOLS....but im still cheering for my team at heart..Memphis Grizzlies 8)

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2003, 07:27:29 PM »
i hate the spurs for scouting shane heal.... that cunt pisses me off so hard.... they could have gotten someone else from australia, but noooo!! they had to get heal because he plays for the sydney kings, the team which brett brown used to coach for, and brett brown used to coach for the spurs.... hmm

kick ass album

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2003, 11:22:59 PM »
i like it how daygo goes around saying "who's the champs" when a year ago he'd be all "that was last year. i also love it how he says we whooped y'all last year, when a year ago he woulda said "that was last year". i also like it how he insists that the spurs were so much better than the lakers last year considering they barely won their series against phonix and had to go 6 games with a pretty physically fucked up laker squad. If last year taught us anything it is that the spurs are weak in the full court , and by looking at this year are just as weak if not weaker. i will admit the lakers HAD this problem last year , but improved with the addition of payton and the rearrangment of how we run our offense , plus it doesn't hurt that we have a healthy shaq, george, fisher, ready to go with some other key players coming back sooon.

honestly i think the spurs took a step back  into where they needed to go. mercer is a notorious underacheiver and turkalu was an almost unecisary addition. y'all had a good deal of 3 point threats , so he gets lost in that bunch PLUS he makes you softer seeing as turk is not a physical or defensive minded. Horry....the only thing you gained with him this year was a good deed getting him closer to his family, i loved horry but he doesn't work in this offense. It'll be interesting to see what parker does......but i'm not sweating him much we got the glove.
Duncan......lol, funny how he only really shines when he's playing against someone not at their best.....the 2 years the spurs got eliminated.....shaq was inform and even defensively shut him down (i still remember shaq guarding duncan like he was a PG and stealing it from him) but the only time duncan could deal with shaq was in 99 (torn abs and hyperextended knee) and 03 (toe, knee, thigh, wrist, heel) The day duncan can beat a healthy shaq is the day i'll give him his dues, he hasn't so i won't, and with malone it's going to make things fucking hard.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09