Author Topic: Zebrahead Concert--Review Inside!  (Read 59 times)

Don Breezio

Zebrahead Concert--Review Inside!
« on: October 30, 2003, 11:22:37 AM »
So last night i went to the zebrahead concert in seattle...holy shit it was good...

First a band came on called "High Speed Scene", while i didnt even know they were going to be there and i had never heard of them before they were a pleasant treat, the guy was one goofy mf but they were really good...and being that we were in a theater that holds less than 2000 people and we were first in line we directly in front of the stage.

Next another band i had never heard of came on "The Matches", a girl next to me told me that they were her friends from back home and that i was in for a big treat because they were really good...she understimated that...they were more than really good...they were fucking awesome. after they got done rockin' the house (something High Speed Scene didnt manage to do) the lead singer sean came down off the stage and started talking to me and my friend corrie and we were telling him how good their set was and stuff. we talked to him for 20 min. or so.

Finally it was time for zebraheads set. holy shit...the lead singer, justin, came out with pink hair and in a dress...that shit made me laugh...they started out with one of my favorite songs "Rescue Me", and then did a few from the album that got me into them in the first place "Playmate of the Year"...

after a set that was 2 hours or more    (we all know thats rare for a concert) i finally caught my breath (we were against the stage so my chest was getting smashed into it by this fucking bitch behind me and she kept jamming her elbow into my back  ), we went back to the merch stand because i wanted to pick up the matches cd. when we got their it was the matches themselves working the merch stand and the lead singer again looked at me and my friend and said "thankyou guys for being front and center, we'll be back in december"...i was blown away by that...he and his drummer autographed my cd and i talked to him for a bit longer...it was really cool...so i bought a matches cd and shirt, and i zebrahead shirt, 2 cds, and a poster...we went outside and waited for a bit hoping zebrahead would come outside...they didnt but they did go into the bar...while im not 21 a girl i met before the concert was so she took my poster in and had Justin autograph it..he wrote "Luke, you like to puke" and signed it...i was laughing so hard...it was so cool.

overall one damn good concert, 10/10. if anyone here hasnt heard zebrahead (and im sure most of you havent) then check them out...they are one of my favorite bands of all time. and the matches were fuckin awesome...i will definetely be going back to see them in december!

**Pictures (from about 5 feet away  ) will come later