Author Topic: Why The West Will Not Blow Up...  (Read 891 times)

Ltnluv23

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Why The West Will Not Blow Up...
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2003, 02:04:46 AM »
the fact dat chingy was wit DTP didnt mean much, luda wasnt in teh 1st single, or nuttin, its the fact dat chingy was wit def jam..like i said, u need the right label n promotion...and defjam has it!!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Why The West Will Not Blow Up...
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2003, 08:15:17 AM »
the west simply does not make music which appeals to the majority of the rap music audience.  its as simple as that.  

there you have it, the answer everybodys lookin for. plain and simple as grundy said. most ppl will like 50 cent or ludacris over some WSCG or Suga Free shit

I dunno why you all want the west to blow up anyway. You'll say all this, but when a rapper from the west makes some corny commercial single aimed at kids then you will all say, oh, such as such sold out. You don't really want the west to blow up, and it isn't going to unless it goes all corny. If you like gangsta rap, then you can still buy gangsta rap, but you must realise that it will never be popular again in the mainstream.

good point. and once your famous djs will play your singles no matter what. they play it a million times in clubs and people will end up liking it cause they heard it so many times. look at ludacris recent singles, all of them sound the same and they are nothing special, but they get tons of play. guest appearances and affiliation will help you big time. look at g unit, or chingy, all their future singles gonna be popular just because they had first singles that blew em up. the west has put out way better tracks this year but they never get any airplay.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 08:35:13 AM by Lil Jizzay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network