Author Topic: Only in California...  (Read 363 times)

PinkTowelGirl

Re:Only in California...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 04:53:07 PM »
Why would firearms be top of your list? Would they not be the least important thing in your house? I didnt realise...does everyone in american actually have guns??? thats real weird to me, coming from a country where there has been violence for years, noone has guns, not even the police. Why are they considered so important?

well we believe in 2nd amendment... which is the right to bare arms.... we also believe in taking responsibly for those firearms... Saddly in this day in age.. people will take advantage of this..and decided that looting would be a good idea.. there were reports of looting in my area... and by taking our firearms... we could have saved a life.. what if someone hit my pad.. saw them.. and took them... it is called responsibliy... thats how i see it... I dont want people walking around with my rifle... then killing someone.. then i will be held responsible for not having them locked up... or something.... it can happen in the state of california... I wasnt the only one that felt that way too.. the guy down the street packed his guns.. first... it is just something you have to do...

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 01:36:39 PM »
I suppose thats a fair argument, but would the better option be not to have the guns in the first place?? I mean there is literally no gun violence here, no drug dealers or anything carry guns its just not part of the culture (other than the whole IRA thing). I dont understand how you need them to defend yourself...do you get threatened regularily with armed thieves? Or is it just in case it happens??
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2003, 01:48:01 PM »
I suppose thats a fair argument, but would the better option be not to have the guns in the first place?? I mean there is literally no gun violence here, no drug dealers or anything carry guns its just not part of the culture (other than the whole IRA thing). I dont understand how you need them to defend yourself...do you get threatened regularily with armed thieves? Or is it just in case it happens??

well with that we go hunting alot, well my dad does anyways... i enjoy targeting practice... it is not like we are killing people or using them to robs stores or knock off old people... they are tools... and you have to take responsiblity for them.. because there are alot of people who dont understand that you need to lock them up.. keep in safe places at all times...

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2003, 06:38:40 AM »
Would you agree with a ban on guns? I mean, fair enough maybe if you are a game hunter you could have a gun, but if there were no guns, you wouldnt need them to defend yourself. I understand you are responsible, but like you said people are not all as responsible. And surely the evil of guns (gun violence in cities, school shootings etc) outweighs the good of hunting and target practice. How does the law stand there on defending your property? A guy in england got jailed for shooting dead a burgler on his farm. Surely both people would have been better off if the farmer just had a hurley (or baseball bat in your case) Anyway, just my thoughts on it.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2003, 09:28:56 AM »
no, i dont believe in the ban of guns.... it is in our 2nd amendment right to have a gun.... alot of people who live in the intercities... the "thugs" and "Gangsta" usually have guns that are stolen, not regester... we do have stricked laws... like you have to have a background check before you can take one home... cant have any falonies... the US does what they could.... how ever like drugs... it takes some crooked politics to allow the import of illegal weapons in the US....