Author Topic: The Economy  (Read 196 times)

Trauma-san

The Economy
« on: November 03, 2003, 08:29:16 PM »
Hey! Great News! The U.S. economy the last 3 months grew at a faster rate than it has in the last 20 years! I'm surprised everybody's not heralding this news.. I wonder why?

Anyways, It's true, the economy grew at a faster rate than it has in 20 years, up over 7 percent since the quarter before.  That's the third consecutive quarter of growth, and it looks like the u.s. is going to see growth like it's never seen before over the next year.  

YAY FOR THE U.S.!!!!

Woodrow

Re:The Economy
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 08:44:42 PM »
Construction Surges to Record in Sept...

Factory Growth Fastest Since 2000...

Stocks Soar to 17-Month Highs...

World airline body says traffic back to pre-SARS, Iraq war levels...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 11:24:35 PM »
Hey! Great News! The U.S. economy the last 3 months grew at a faster rate than it has in the last 20 years! I'm surprised everybody's not heralding this news.. I wonder why?

Anyways, It's true, the economy grew at a faster rate than it has in 20 years, up over 7 percent since the quarter before.  That's the third consecutive quarter of growth, and it looks like the u.s. is going to see growth like it's never seen before over the next year.  

YAY FOR THE U.S.!!!!

Yup that's G-News IF that's TRUE...
look.. I'm not boing cynical but can u gimme some links of where u came upon this stuff??

The Relavance is more important, RITe? ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 11:31:17 PM by Eidolon_Sun »

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 11:03:13 PM »
Not only is it great news for the US, but it's great news for Canada too.  The lower our dollar is compared to the USD, the more americans will spend up here.  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 02:38:41 PM »
^^ Yup, good news is good news anyway you look at it.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 05:34:29 PM »
After being so down for so long, the only place the economy can go is up. For how long, who knows, we shall see. But it's no where near the 90's level we saw.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 09:27:28 PM »
Actually, it's growing stronger than it ever did in the 90's.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 10:51:15 PM »
Actually, it's growing stronger than it ever did in the 90's.  

The rate is higher, but because it was so down, so it's growning faster, but the question is if it will cap off or not. And the economy in the 90's didn't sky rocket. In fact, at first Bill Clinton was highly unpopular because the economy didn't really take off at all, instead it just slowly grew until the late 90's where it was at one of the highest rates in U.S. history. I would trust a slow growth over a fast one anytime.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 12:07:43 AM »
the reason why the economy grew so much was because the end of the cold war where the defense budget was practically cut completely out leaving vast amounts of money for clinton to play with without looking bad......clinton didn't make the economy grow the end of the cold war did...

and the reason why the economy is growing is because of the war, it's a known fact that war creates economies (ie ww2) all those choppers giong down need to be replaced....so factories that make those things are hiring more people......so places like LA and San Diego where a lot of the militray industrial things happen are having strong economies.....dont be suprised if california's debt becomes a surplus again.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 12:01:02 PM »
^ Prob. with a good Republican, Conservative governor in office.  

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 02:23:37 PM »
It's a jobless recovery.  Which means the rich are still get richer and the poor, poorer.  The top 1% is richer then the bottom 95% combined, and it's getting worse.

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 03:36:59 PM »
It's a jobless recovery.  Which means the rich are still get richer and the poor, poorer.  The top 1% is richer then the bottom 95% combined, and it's getting worse.
Wrong again.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/07/news/economy/jobs/index.htm

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2003, 02:07:50 PM »
Wrong again.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/07/news/economy/jobs/index.htm

Yeah, maybe they've been fired from Sprint outsourcing jobs to India (cheap labor) and now they finally found a new job at Burger King.  Sorry, doesn't count!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2003, 04:38:42 PM »
^ Prob. with a good Republican, Conservative governor in office.  

LOL... Arnold ain't even in office yet, and Grey has been very active in his last days.