Poll

Which one is better

Jay Z- Black Album
20 (69%)
G-Unit - Beg For Mercy
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: JAY Z vs G-UNIT  (Read 976 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:JAY Z vs G-UNIT
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2003, 06:41:01 PM »
i just fully listened to the g unit album, i really dont like it, beats are ok, lyrics are .... its just not intresting to listen to, jay z album is amaizng, wat more can i say, encore, dirt of shoulder, threat, lucifer, the public service anousment, my 1st song... everything exept change clothes is hot, if he takes that off and puts a hot ass dre song, the album is 9.5/10, now its like a 9, also i dont really like 99 problems, im not feeling the rock beat...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2003, 06:41:20 PM »
and g-unit's album is aight...and its pretty easy to understand what 50 cent is saying..you just gotta listen Lincoln ;)

In all honesty, no exageration, I can't understand anything 50 says. It's very unclear & difficult to understand to me.

What country are you from again.. ??
There's 100s of rappers which is more difficult to understand than 50.

50 is one of the easiest to understand, cuz of the slow flow.
But then again, if you're foreign..  :-\

Nah I aint foreign (well I am technically but still North America). I'm from Canada. I can't understand what he says, neither can any of the people I hang out with.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 10:56:38 AM »
and g-unit's album is aight...and its pretty easy to understand what 50 cent is saying..you just gotta listen Lincoln ;)

In all honesty, no exageration, I can't understand anything 50 says. It's very unclear & difficult to understand to me.

What country are you from again.. ??
There's 100s of rappers which is more difficult to understand than 50.

50 is one of the easiest to understand, cuz of the slow flow.
But then again, if you're foreign..  :-\

Nah I aint foreign (well I am technically but still North America). I'm from Canada. I can't understand what he says, neither can any of the people I hang out with.

that's just u (yall) though.. even some of my friends who don't speak english very well ain't got no problem with that.. like Jome said before his flow is slow which makes it very easy

teecee

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 11:07:03 AM »
JOME, was it not you and I who argued endlessly over nas and Jay Z and how you thought Blueprint 2 was dope while i thought it was wack?!!!  Seriously, Jay drops the best album of the year, his best album since RD, and does this coming off the heals of his worst album!!!!!!!!  To me this is outta left field, i gotta give it up to Jay, the cd is4.5/5.  Damn, every song is dope except Change CLothes, great album.

AS for G-Unit, i expected ALOT more!  This album is worse than St. LUnatics, D12 or Disturbing the Peace.  Very generic sounding, like a watered down version of GRODT.  At least that had some hits, tell me what or where the hits are on this one???

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 03:02:46 PM »
"The Black Album" is better in my opinion. I wonder whos gonna sell more the first week, as they both pushed up the release dates of their albums to Friday November 14.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 03:03:07 PM by Jay Stiller »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Jome

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »
JOME, was it not you and I who argued endlessly over nas and Jay Z and how you thought Blueprint 2 was dope while i thought it was wack?!!!  Seriously, Jay drops the best album of the year, his best album since RD, and does this coming off the heals of his worst album!!!!!!!!  To me this is outta left field, i gotta give it up to Jay, the cd is4.5/5.  Damn, every song is dope except Change CLothes, great album.

AS for G-Unit, i expected ALOT more!  This album is worse than St. LUnatics, D12 or Disturbing the Peace.  Very generic sounding, like a watered down version of GRODT.  At least that had some hits, tell me what or where the hits are on this one???

I never said BP2 was great, just that it would be dope if he took the best tracks and put them onto 1 CD.
And Black Album isn't wack, but it's not great neither.. imo, Blueprint is better.
BA lacks some big tracks, and there's 2 awful tracks on there (Neptunes produced)
If Nas dropped a album at the same time as The Black Album, the general opinion on The Black Album would sink dramaticly..
Just because it's his last LP, some people tend to give him unnecessary props just so they get can get rid of him without sounding like a hater..

About the G-Unit, it's a overall dope album with some filler and unnecessary chick tracks..
There's a bunch of bangers on there, and the rest is just mainly dope hiphop.
Some tracks doesn't fit the whole theme, tracks like "Wanna get to know you", "Smile" and "Baby U got". (Even though "Smile" is pretty coo)
I would rather see a couple of other bangers that didn't make the album, but I guess they needed something for the female audience too.. :-X

SGV

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 06:30:55 PM »
LMAO @ Jome at one time saying the G-Unit album was gonna be classic. Haha. Talk about riding.

Jome

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 09:35:10 PM »
LMAO @ Jome at one time saying the G-Unit album was gonna be classic. Haha. Talk about riding.

Yeah, that's what I thought after hearing track 2 and 3.
So... ?

Not like I ever claimed that it was indeed a classic.  ::)

KVB

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2003, 02:26:40 AM »
Jay-Z easily.

I bump The Black Album front to back all day.

As for the G-Unit album, the only tracks I bump are "Stunt 101", "I Smell Pussy" & the Dre tracks (esp. "Poppin' Them Thangs"). The rest of the material doesn't excite me.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2003, 02:07:52 PM »
blueprint 2 was weak nuff said..............g -units albums by the sounds of what everyone sayin sounds like a mix between a ja rule album and grodt......wheres theres alot of songs for the bitches n shit to......and cats be dissapointed with it..........

most ppl have liked the black album.............its gotta be better than blueprint 2..........and it needs to be better than the 1st one if he wants to go out with props......

speakin of the term classic.........aint nobody should be predictin a album even after hearing 5 joints all being 5/5 off a upcoming album......cuz they still gotta drop another 7-8 joints that are pure heat to.......and that HARDLY EVER happens in hiphop...........................there aint been many classic albums in hip hop.........that word be gettin thrown around to much these days..........im sure someone once posted on this befo about the term classic.............guess most y'all didnt learn nuttin off dat post, haha

peace

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2003, 04:08:19 PM »
Jay easily. G-Unit is average, good to bump in the car but not for long term listening.

I prefer The Blueprint though.