Author Topic: The Newest Miracle I've seen  (Read 285 times)

Trauma-san

The Newest Miracle I've seen
« on: November 08, 2003, 09:32:13 PM »
FULLERTON, Calif.  — A toddler who was revived nearly two hours after she was believed to have drowned — and 40 minutes after doctors had declared her dead — was responding to touch and sound Saturday, hospital officials said.

Twenty-month-old Mackayala Jespersen was in critical condition but responsive a day after she was found in her family's swimming pool, said Children's Hospital of Orange County (search) spokeswoman Denise Almazan.

The child's family thanked the public for their "prayers and support," Almazan said.

Mackayala's mother found her floating face down in the backyard pool Friday morning, police Sgt. Sean Fares said. Police and paramedics tried to revive her, and rushed her to Anaheim Memorial Hospital (search), but doctors there pronounced her dead.

Forty minutes later, police Detective Mike Kendrick was conducting a routine investigation into her death when he noticed her chest moving as if she was breathing. He summoned doctors, who were able to revive her.

It was a very emotional moment for everyone," said Fullerton police spokesman Sgt. Ron Gillett. "We thought she didn't make it and then she did. It was the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs."

Mark Langdorf (search), chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of California, Irvine, said it is not uncommon for toddlers to survive drownings after showing little or no signs of life, especially if the water is cold.

What was unusual in Mackayala's case, he said, was the time involved.

"If you had said she came back to life after 10 minutes I would be surprised, but 40 minutes is just exceptional," he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, the girl didn't want to die.  So she simply did the impossible.  Again, science has been proven wrong, and the impossible has happened.  This proves to me, that God exists, and that anything is possible, the children of god are capable of anything, if you want it bad enough.  

Don Breezio

Re:The Newest Miracle I've seen
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 09:49:49 PM »
yeah this kinda shit is crazy...like that dude who was pronounced dead and then woke up something like 12 hours later...that was a couple months ago...i dont remember all the details but that shit was like  :o :o :o

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 11:59:57 PM »

That's really wonderful.. The Lucky Kid

I guess everything seems to be a miracle until the actual reason behind it is found.. I guess kids are more likely to survive a disaster cuz they haven't learnt the meaning of Fear.. I guess this Fear Factor in our subconscious mind gets us half-killed bfore we're actually dead.

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 12:17:30 AM »

That's really wonderful.. The Lucky Kid

I guess everything seems to be a miracle until the actual reason behind it is found.. I guess kids are more likely to survive a disaster cuz they haven't learnt the meaning of Fear.. I guess this Fear Factor in our subconscious mind gets us half-killed bfore we're actually dead.

i dont think it had anything to do w/ fear...it wasnt her time to go. its as simple as that...im not a religious person at all...but god had something to do with that...

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 01:34:44 AM »
it was a god thing alright

thanks truama for the artical

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 01:36:36 AM »
it was a god thing alright

thanks truama for the artical

Hey, can you please tell me what an artical is?

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 01:39:21 AM »
article*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 01:41:01 AM »
Oh, now I get it... ;D

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 05:53:16 AM »
As mentioned,not having fear,or less of it,plays a role. It's a little known fact that cooling down in a very short time (like what happens with little children,their relative surface is much greater then their relative mass wich means cooling down happens much quicker,especially in i.e. snow) doesn't have to be fatal.If it happens fast enough,all functions will start to work at a much slower level wich in fact serves as a safety valve and make the body able to survive.If it doesn't last for too long and the body temperature is slowly raised afterwards.

There's also a psychological factor: in the northern Atlantic,around Iceland,were a human being normally dies within 10 minutes,some guy once survived 3 hours before being picked up.According to him,he survived because he kept thinking of his moped that he hadn't paid off yet and would remain unpaid when he died!!
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 10:10:03 AM »
As mentioned,not having fear,or less of it,plays a role. It's a little known fact that cooling down in a very short time (like what happens with little children,their relative surface is much greater then their relative mass wich means cooling down happens much quicker,especially in i.e. snow) doesn't have to be fatal.If it happens fast enough,all functions will start to work at a much slower level wich in fact serves as a safety valve and make the body able to survive.If it doesn't last for too long and the body temperature is slowly raised afterwards.

There's also a psychological factor: in the northern Atlantic,around Iceland,were a human being normally dies within 10 minutes,some guy once survived 3 hours before being picked up.According to him,he survived because he kept thinking of his moped that he hadn't paid off yet and would remain unpaid when he died!!

you read into shit too much man...exactly...the dude who didnt want to die because of his moped and he wouldnt let himself die...the same with this girl...as trauma said...she didnt want to die and it wasnt her time to go. simple as that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2003, 09:31:09 PM »
No argument you make could ever convince me God doesn't exist, especially your "Stupid people don't understand so they believe in god"... come on man.  I look at it, I see good, God, you look at it, you see luck.  Who's better off?  

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2003, 10:16:38 PM »
Praise The LARD!

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 08:05:21 AM »
No argument you make could ever convince me God doesn't exist, especially your "Stupid people don't understand so they believe in god"... come on man.  I look at it, I see good, God, you look at it, you see luck.  Who's better off?  

the non-believers,as they are free to find their own explanations.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 11:59:48 AM »
Not true.  By believing, I have a choice to believe, or not to believe.  You are the one who has rejected God, and have no choice but to keep supporting your opinion. You have already chosen to not believe, so you are limited in your choices.