Author Topic: holly + jessica... an accident?!?  (Read 358 times)

Don Seer

holly + jessica... an accident?!?
« on: November 06, 2003, 02:49:41 AM »
Soham girls 'died in Huntley's home'

The girls disappeared last year
Ian Huntley is "unlikely to dispute" that Soham schoolgirls Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells died in his home, a jury has heard.
Richard Latham QC, prosecuting, told the Old Bailey in London that lawyers representing Mr Huntley indicated they were unlikely to deny the 10-year-olds died soon after entering his home.

The 29-year-old former school caretaker has denied killing the pair, who disappeared from near their homes in the Cambridgeshire town on 4 August last year.

Mr Latham told the court the focus of the trial would be whether or not "it could be construed that the deaths while he was there with them in his house amounted to murder".

It was a calculated and cold-blooded course of conduct

Richard Latham QC

At-a-glance: Prosecution case
Soham charges in full
Timeline: Girls' last movements  
He said: "It is unlikely to be disputed by Huntley that the two girls went into his home... that he was the only other person there, and that they died within a short time of going inside."

<snip>

more here....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/3242921.stm

Is his guy dumb? no one doubts he did it..  

he admits they died in his house but it was an accident.. i mean wtf?!?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 02:53:09 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

Re:holly + jessica... an accident?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 06:02:11 AM »
Well, it's the only defense he's got.  In America this would work if he got a liberal jury.  

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 06:14:41 AM »
i think he had some kind of breakdown when they originally caught him, think he was on suicide watch... my bet is he's gonna go on some kinda insanity/mental health thing rather than a 'normal' sentance, so they can keep him locked down forever (well under Home Secretary review like they did with Myra Hindley until she died.) no doubt the papers will have a field day from time to time with exclusive pics of him in a nice cushy secure unit watching eastenders while eating a chicken korma.

not sure about his girlfriend... depends how deep she was involved.. she didnt kill em.. but helped after..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 06:33:26 AM by Overseer »

bez

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 06:33:40 AM »
i think he had some kind of breakdown when they originally caught him, think he was on suicide watch... my bet is he's gonna go on some kinda insanity/mental health thing rather than a 'normal' sentance, so they can keep him locked down forever (well under Home Secretary review like they did with Myra Hindley until she died.) no doubt the papers will have a field day from time to time with exclusive pics of him in a nice cushy secure unit watching eastenders while eating a chicken korma.

not sure about his girlfriend... depends how deep she was involved.. she didnt kill em.. but helped after..

WHOLE THING IS HORRIBLY FUCKED UP.  He should be imprisoned for life with no chance of parole and the woman should be given a few years for assisting a killer.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 07:00:24 AM »
this shits getting silly isnt it... he's not pleading insanity but that it was an accident..

he claims...

1) he was running a bath

2) the girls turned up and one had a nose bleed

3) that he took them up to the bathroom to stop the bleeding

4) that he accidentally knocked the girl with the nose bleed into the bath as he was getting tissues

5) that the other one screamed so much that he he put his hand over her mouth and that when he removed it she dropped to the floor.. claims accidental suffocation

6) that the girl in the bath was dead too, probably from drowning

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 07:59:25 AM »
He needs a bullet in his head, fucking cunt.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 08:13:28 AM »
ok lets just say he's telling the truth now.. he still needlessly caused a shit load of grief..

the jury will have to decide..

do guilty people go to such extremes to cover it up, like removing and trying to burn their clothes? dumpnig their bodies,  changing the tyres on his car...

IMO hell no..

theres no way he's getting off of this... even if it was a freak accident

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 08:23:09 AM »
Theres no way the jury will find him not guilty, waste of tax payers money

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 08:24:49 AM »
thats a pretty dumb thing to say.. altho these days i'm not suprised of that..

you mean even if he's innocent?    yeah great...

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 08:44:19 AM »
We both knew he was guilty, so does the jury, even before hearing all the evidence.

bez

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2003, 08:45:42 AM »
ok lets just say he's telling the truth now.. he still needlessly caused a shit load of grief..

the jury will have to decide..

do guilty people go to such extremes to cover it up, like removing and trying to burn their clothes? dumpnig their bodies,  changing the tyres on his car...

IMO hell no..

theres no way he's getting off of this... even if it was a freak accident
I dunno tho man, lets say he is telling the truth and it was a big freaky accident and stuff then what would you do in that situation.  I wouldent know wheather to do hat he did or ring the police and tell them that 2 girls have just accidently died in my bathroom.  I wouldent know what the fuck to do.  

I think its lies n e way, he killed me both and proberly sexually assualted em and shit.  If one of the girls had a nose bleed why would they go to his house like?  I dont understand why he would have to take em upstairs, and if he tried to stop the other girl screaming then surly you know when screaming becomes sheer panic as a person gasps for air.  

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2003, 08:57:48 AM »
^ well you gotta remember they may have gone to the house because their teacher lived there.. its a logical thing for kids to think really..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 09:02:11 AM by SeerZilla »

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2003, 09:15:19 AM »
I dunno tho man, lets say he is telling the truth and it was a big freaky accident and stuff then what would you do in that situation.  I wouldent know wheather to do hat he did or ring the police and tell them that 2 girls have just accidently died in my bathroom.  I wouldent know what the fuck to do.  

I'd phone the police as any other rational person would. You would only go to that much trouble if you had something to hide.

bez

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2003, 03:57:31 PM »

I'd phone the police as any other rational person would. You would only go to that much trouble if you had something to hide.

Exactly.  But have any of us actually been in that position before? No.  Its like if somebody says to you what would you do if somebody pulled a gun on you, most people would proberly either say.

a, hit the man and to grab the gun and get if off the person

or

b, Nothing, stands still and do absolutely nothing.

When it all comes down to it tho the choice will be made for us by ourselves in a second.  For us to say that we would of phoned the police is a statement that 50% of us might not of just done in the situation.

He has two girls dead in his house.  He has killed him accidentially and he knows that if he rings and tells the police then he will proberyl bsed of murder in 2 accounts and never see daylight again, but what if he had nothing to do with the situaion he thinks.  I will take their bodys somewhere where nobody will ever find them and I shall try and continue living my life as normal as I can, after all it was accidental right?

Understand what I am saying?  If he took a while to think about it then he could of easily decided not to phone the police and in the end do what he did do, try to get rid of the bodys and the evidence.  He could of in theory killed me both accidentailly and then got scared that nobody would believe him that it was an accident so he tried to get rid of the girls's bodies.  

Understand that I think he killed em and he deserves life imprisonment BUT the jury are gunna have a hard time trying to think this all rationally through because it could of easily  an accident then he just didnt know what to do.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2003, 10:34:17 AM »
The thing is that everyday almost at the trial, he keeps coming up with more parts of the story. Its almost as if he's thinking it up as he goes along. I think he originally said he was running the bath for himself, then it became that he was running the bath for his dog, and there have been all sorts of weird changes like that to the story. The whole accident thing seems way too farfetched to possibly be true, there is a lot of very suspect points which the jury will have to look at.

But I agree with Bez, that if you were in that situation if it was an accident, you would be scared as hell to phone the cops. How bad would it look, he obviously thought that if he was able to hide the bodies that he might get away with it, and be able to live a normal life, something which would have never been possible even if he had phoned the cops and then been found innocent at trial.