Author Topic: DVD Ripping  (Read 133 times)

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
DVD Ripping
« on: November 10, 2003, 07:29:10 PM »
hey im wondering if any of you guys know how to rip a dvd... is it possible to rip them and burn them to a CD-R? i know DVD files are huge, so it might take up a few discs. any help?

The Watcher

Re:DVD Ripping
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 08:24:39 PM »
you cant burn a whole DVD to a CD-R. You can rip the dvd then encode it as a SVCD, depending on the quality you want it will be 2 or 3 CD-Rs.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 09:32:20 PM »
you cant burn a whole DVD to a CD-R. You can rip the dvd then encode it as a SVCD, depending on the quality you want it will be 2 or 3 CD-Rs.

Yeah, or alternatively to Div-X or XVid if your DVD-player can handle it, some newer players can.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com

^^ Pretty much explains everything about encoding, ripping, programs, codecs + guides, FAQ's etc.
Great site, I use it every time I'm stuck on something..

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 09:49:04 PM »
DVD Copy Plus...its a software program you can buy offline and it lets you rip DVD's onto you're comp and burn them in svcd format (as the watcher said) and then you can watch them on any dvd player that is mp3 capable. its about an 80$ program and the quality of the movies isnt that great but i guess its better than spending 20 bucks per movie