Author Topic: Hiphopsite confirms Dr.Dre and also MelMan on "Black Album", maybe even Nas!  (Read 879 times)

Jome

Closing out this week's news.... A few last minute changes are in store for Jay-Z's The Black Album.  There will be 14-cuts with two bonus tracks as well.  One of those bonus tracks will be produced by Dr. Dre and will more then likely be the LP's second-single.  Also, the second bonus track maybe a Mel-Man produced track with MC Lyte on the hook that is supposed be straight bonkers.  Similarly, Jay-Z is not the only person to bump his release date up too 11-14, as 50 Cent has done the same with G Unit's Beg For Mercy, so it looks like those K.O.N.Y discussions will be settled by Soundscan... Lastly, if that wasn't enough, we are hearing that rumors of a Jay-Z/Nas collaboration are not that far-fetched?  Could it appear on The Black Album??  Hold your breath!!  (Pizzo & Matty are skeptical.)

This is so good that it should be both in Main forum and Outbound..  ;D

Hittman2001

Re:Hiphopsite confirms Dr.Dre and also MelMan on "Black Album", maybe even Nas
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 05:40:05 PM »
good news, but i'll believe it when i hear it on the album  :)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 05:45:36 PM »
If this album is in stores on Friday then wouldn't we have the "real retail" by now?  

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 06:02:44 PM »
If this album is in stores on Friday then wouldn't we have the "real retail" by now?  

not necessarily...some companies are really good about keeping shit until that last couple days.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 06:06:55 PM »
not necessarily...some companies are really good about keeping shit until that last couple days.

But it's Tuesday night right now (EST).  The stores don't get the album the day it's released.  They usually get the shipment days before and you know someone would get a copy of it by now if that happened.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 06:11:58 PM »
Maybe they're planning a little "delay"..

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 06:15:54 PM »

But it's Tuesday night right now (EST).  The stores don't get the album the day it's released.  They usually get the shipment days before and you know someone would get a copy of it by now if that happened.

its still a few days till its released...give it a chance

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 06:26:44 PM »
oh man, i cant wait for this

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 06:41:56 PM »
Not sure about the "qualifications" for a black album... but, wouldn't a feature be against those qualifications?

But then again, he did have his mom on the album. rofl.
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 06:46:51 PM »
My homie picked it up from Target today and I'm listening to it right now. I'll tell ya'all what it has, but this Target is very strange. I went to pick up God's Son last year on the release date, and got in a fight with the manager who insisted that it wasn't released until Tuesday (God's Son was moved up to a Friday) and this year they released Jay-Z early. No consistancy with this place... lol

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 07:14:27 PM »
does it have any extra tracks on it ?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

eS El Duque

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 07:44:55 PM »
My homie picked it up from Target today and I'm listening to it right now. I'll tell ya'all what it has, but this Target is very strange. I went to pick up God's Son last year on the release date, and got in a fight with the manager who insisted that it wasn't released until Tuesday (God's Son was moved up to a Friday) and this year they released Jay-Z early. No consistancy with this place... lol

it comes out friday though?

teecee

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 07:51:41 PM »
This shit would be too amazing!!!  Especially considering that this album (IMO) is already the album of the year.  I am even starting to feel the NEptunes tracks and Quik track, damn near the entire album!  I never thought Jay could drop an album like this, unbelievable.  If he really does add the tracks, this is gonna be classic material!  Or just an incredible album!

Newsbreaker:  Jay already said this aint a black album any more, which is obvious by the promotion, videos, etc.  TOo bad he didnt stick with the originakl plan.....

And lastly, when has Hiphopsite ever been wrong?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 08:03:42 PM »
And lastly, when has Hiphopsite ever been wrong?

About Rakim, for example.  They gave a release date for the album (given to them by "very reliable" sources).

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 08:05:37 PM »
As far as a Nas track goes, I highly doubt there will be a JayZ ft. Nas on this album...But I cant wait to hear that Dre track.  8)